Votes: 32 31.7%
  • Earl will get the Franchise tag at the end of season

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Earl and Seahawks cut ties at the end of season

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It seems that if anything is clear about the Earl Thomas situation, all options are on the board.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I think an extension is the end result, but the non-exclusive franchise tag could serve as a placeholder while negotiations occur.

$54 million, four years, most guaranteed money paid out in first two years would be my prediction.

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL @ franchise tag a player that wants out.

I guess people actually do make pets from anaconda's though. :roll:

D

DomeHawk

I put franchise tag, not necessarily because I believe that's what will happen, but because it's what I want.

is that just vindictiveness?

Probably.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":1htqvnmi said:
LOL @ franchise tag a player that wants out.

I guess people actually do make pets from anaconda's though. :roll:

Why would Earl be any more willing to sacrifice money (and adandon teammates, which he said he wouldn’t do by not missing games) than he is right now? It would be the same situation.

The franchise tag could also serve as a placeholder, allowing the team to retain his rights during negotiations on an extension.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez sure glad you made this thread, I was worried that nobody had been talking about Earl in the other three or four threads that have all these questions and thoughts beaten so bad they are dust to be made into glue.

James in PA

Reaction score
Trade with Stealers for Le Veon Bell. Wouldn’t Pete love to have the best back in the league?! They would truly go back to being a running team. And they can coach up that D. Big Balls Pete & John are not afraid to make bold moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":18lw6z0z said:
hawknation2018":18lw6z0z said:
earl Getting back to the fundamentals while putting everything that happened in the past behind me...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMZPMBh10G

Putting everything in the past must have taken a serious toll on him, because he sat out practice again today.....

Like last Wednesday, it was a team sanctioned “rest day” to protect him from injury.

Why do you care?

TreeRon

Reaction score
No way he's a Seahawk beyond the current contract. Someone will pony up a suitable draft pick(s), a player (or two) or a player and a pick.
Hawks can not let this behavior stand.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
TreeRon":dx4ptmyo said:
No way he's a Seahawk beyond the current contract. Someone will pony up a suitable draft pick(s), a player (or two) or a player and a pick.
Hawks can not let this behavior stand.

Nobody has...him being a yr olders not going to help.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I really doubt they're going to hamstring the franchise and pay him Eric Berry money at his age and after all these shenanigans. Would not be good for the team long-term.

Nor are they likely to bench or trade him as long as he keeps showing up.

Most likely scenario, he plays for us through the season, gets Berry money from someone else next offseason, and pulls a hammy in Week 2.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
We have already seen this play out with Sherman. He will play the rest of the year (barring a very good offer from a team like KC) and will not be resigned.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I believe they Earl gets traded in the next 2 or 3 weeks. Do I want it to happen, no. But just don't see him playing more than 6 weeks before crap really hits the fan.

massari

Reaction score
They're getting this one last season out of him before they franchise and trade him in the off season, unless a team is willing to overpay with a kings ransom before the trade deadline this season.

Kinda weird how they're willing to keep Thomas and his antics this season but trade their best pass rusher for a 5th round pick.

peppersjap

Reaction score
massari":lv5rxfr2 said:
They're getting this one last season out of him before they franchise and trade him in the off season, unless a team is willing to overpay with a kings ransom before the trade deadline this season.

Kinda weird how they're willing to keep Thomas and his antics this season but trade their best pass rusher for a 5th round pick.
I'm tired of Thomas antics but they don't compare to "the best pass rushers" crap! He was a very good pass rusher when he didn't jump off sides and his off the field crap for me was unbearable. If we would have had our best pass rusher for another year I'm not sure I would have stepped in the stadium this year. Earl is irritating but the other guy was alienating a pretty significant part of the fan base!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feels like they are just going to get the most out of him until they get an offer they can't refuse. But after all that has been said etc. I doubt he's a Hawk next season.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
He'll probably get a contract extension then get injured and production will drop. He's auditioning this season. Keep him playing angry Pete!

Latest posts