Rasheem Green

seabowl

Reaction score
During the preseason Green was a beast on the field. So far though during the regular season he has been pretty much non existent. It seems he isn't getting a lot of playing time so is anyone else a little surprised at the lack of snaps like me?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
He's very young still, I believe he is only 20 and that plays a big part into his limited snaps.

sdog1981

Reaction score
If he ever goes back to playing linemen who got cut then he will dominate.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Clark went through the same transition. Dominated Preseason then struggled to adjust. Green is a situational pass rusher with a lot of upside but I wouldn’t expect anything more than Clark or Irvin’s rookie year out of him. He’s still growing into his frame and he needs to add power.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I thought he was pretty good last week. Definitely seemed like his most extensive playing time to date too.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Yxes1122":3oow6j6e said:
Clark went through the same transition. Dominated Preseason then struggled to adjust. Green is a situational pass rusher with a lot of upside but I wouldn’t expect anything more than Clark or Irvin’s rookie year out of him. He’s still growing into his frame and he needs to add power.

Yup.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
kobebryant":994xbgng said:
I thought he was pretty good last week. Definitely seemed like his most extensive playing time to date too.

He had a couple pressures last week, also missed a tackle.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Poona Ford and David Moore also looked like pre-season beasts. Preseason is for deciding who makes the bottom part of the roster. Practice and regular season is where rookies learn to play.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The fact that he already flashed is remarkable, even against fringe NFL players. He's twenty years old. It'll take some time. He's probably not even done developing cognitively and physiologically.

adeltaY

Reaction score
First off, he's been 21 since May, so he was 20 when he was drafted, not now. Still a very young player. I recall many of the analysts at the time saying that he's a very raw player with a lot of talent who needs a year or two of development, so he is progressing as expected so far.

Dion Jordan has actually looked pretty good and leads the team in pressures in limited work. He just has to stay healthy and we should see a more significant contribution from him compared to what is fair to expect for Rasheem.

xray

Reaction score
I say play him more.He ain't learning nothing on the sidelines. This guy is going to be a stud.. get his feet wet...let him make a QB look out his earhole. Just more snaps please. :irishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He’s listed on this weeks injury report with ankle injury. I think he’s in the same boat as Penny. Two rookies who are acclimating to playing in the NFL. I think they will be alright.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Unfortunately, both Green and Jordan have missed the last couple practices with injuries. May need Quinton Jefferson and Branden Jackson (who was signed to active roster) to step up more.

King Dog

Reaction score
Yxes1122":1xqkvui8 said:

Oh heck yes. I'll take 8 sacks in his rookie season like Irvin got.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1x6dwcau said:
If he ever goes back to playing linemen who got cut then he will dominate.

Whatever?

So negative, so unwilling to acknowledge the player could be a good acquisition. Does the whole team suck or just Green?
I suspect it is far too soon to make any intelligent assessment of any player after 4 preseason games and three regular season games. Green was very special in the preseason games, but that was preseason. I think that he could be a quality pass rusher as he was very good in the preseason. You can snark if you wish, but you’re assessment doesn’t seem well informed and is astonishingly negative very early.

So why is it you are a Seahawks fan? Just asking.