Michael Dickson not top 5? PFF

rossob

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1045587920294498304[/tweet]
I don't know how he was ranked last week, but apparently, he was very bad during the Bears game.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Pack_Daddy/status/1042567678471417856[/tweet]

Since I try to go to bed early currently and live in Europe, I did only watch the highlights of our games and read some articles and stat sheets about them.
How good do you think is Dickson? What are the reasons for him not grading amazing even though he seems to be able to do things no one else can?

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think he had one really bad punt in the Bears game, but the other punts were all great from what I recall.

He wasn't as consistently great in the home game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He will find his range before too long and we will see him as a weapon defensively before long.

gabel

Reaction score
He did have a 61 yard punt. After that most of his punts were line drives that were returned for good yardage. He did not look himself.

From the Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times:
“He didn’t hit the ball as well this week,’’ Carroll said. “He had three punts that were kind of uncharacteristic. I don’t know if anything’s characteristic in week three. It fit okay. He kept them backed up a little bit which helped us, but we didn’t hit the ball in the open field as well as he had.”

Seymour

Reaction score
Maybe Pete should "drop" the drop kicks, quit getting cute, and have him focus on doing his job??

Just a thought on how to properly break in a new toy. Same shit with Penny. :roll:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our punt coverage has been god awful.

He hasn't outkicked the coverage, guys get down there but they are flat out just missing tackles.

And we are leaving plenty of lanes open for the returner.

It would be even worse if Dickson wasn't as good as he is.

TreeRon

Reaction score
It's PFF ? Immaterial, irrelevant and incompetent..

sutz

Reaction score
Meh...too early in the season to really worry for me. :229031_shrug:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I hope he keeps his focus and all this stardom/attention isn't going to his head

mistaowen

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1zzhg68b said:
Our punt coverage has been god awful.

He hasn't outkicked the coverage, guys get down there but they are flat out just missing tackles.

And we are leaving plenty of lanes open for the returner.

It would be even worse if Dickson wasn't as good as he is.

Lot of this.... He's been booming the ball and returners are easily making first two guys miss. Not great...

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seymour":z139mown said:
Maybe Pete should "drop" the drop kicks, quit getting cute, and have him focus on doing his job??

Just a thought on how to properly break in a new toy. Same shit with Penny. :roll:

I think he only drop kicked once on a kickoff and it was pretty good.

sutz

Reaction score
adeltaY":1a0omx92 said:
Seymour":1a0omx92 said:

I think he only drop kicked once on a kickoff and it was pretty good.
Yeah, I think that drop kick is a situational thing. They only seem to do it when a possible onside kick would be called.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":xhbwy4jm said:

You clearly don't understand how things work in the Southern hemisphere.

The drop kick is used in Rubgy Union and Rugby League to restart play after a score, and is the only way to score the equivalent of a field goal without there first being a penalty on the opposition.

Dickson didn't need to learn to drop-kick the ball for the Seahawks; it's part of what he's been doing since he was a boy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
PFF is garbage. Dickson wasn't very good against the Cowboys, but against the Bears and Broncos he was amazing.