Ethan Pocic

Boom84

Reaction score

I feel bad for Ethan Pocic if this is how they'll move forward this year. He seemingly came into camp improved and ready to roll. Glad Sweezy is there so the OL didn't go bust again, but hope Pocic gets it turned around.

Fade

Reaction score
Boom84":124sax3m said:

I feel bad for Ethan Pocic if this is how they'll move forward this year. He seemingly came into camp improved and ready to roll. Glad Sweezy is there so the OL didn't go bust again, but hope Pocic gets it turned around.

Pocic is just okay at Guard. He is better suited for Center. So it isn't a big deal either way really. It's worth it to see Sweezy at LG a few games, let Pocic get more healthy and eval from there. I would say the same for Hunt over Britt too, but it looks like that won't be happening.

toffee

Reaction score
Not happening but I would like to see couple of more games of Hunt at center and Sweeze at LG. If that combo works well, ummm, Britt has trade value probowl and all. Pocic can back up all three interior linemen position.

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":2kkhld6p said:
Hunt over Britt?

:34853_doh:

Yeah, helps our QB to see the field better. Lol can Poona play RG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Breh

Reaction score
The unit last week produced the most running yards of the season by a large margin.
I may be mistaken, but I also think Dallas came into week 3 as leading the league in sacks.
I'd keep the same squad from last week regardless knowing we have suitable subs.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I love our current Guard set up. We got some straight road graders on both sides. You could see them just beating up the cowboys as they kept injured. I think that’s probably the most over looked with the run game. The Toll it puts on the other teams defense.

Like Jim Mora Jr once said, we need some dirt bags and I think we might have found them

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":3s979tzn said:
toffee":3s979tzn said:
sutz":3s979tzn said:
Hunt over Britt?

Tom Cable says YES :p
I see what you did there.
Oh i see what you did there

:twisted:

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":17pe3nqi said:
toffee":17pe3nqi said:
sutz":17pe3nqi said:
Hunt over Britt?

Tom Cable says YES :p

If only one can clone Poona, with two Poonas and Hunt, our short yardage passing game will be night and day. But jokes aside, can anyone explain why taller interior offensive linemen are preferable? Wouldn't a short guy provide lower center of gravity and lower pad level? And faster acceleration?
Shorter, more powerful legs are better in the earlier, acceleration stage,

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/oly ... 05992.html
Force = Mass x acceleration, so a ideally a heavy guy with long toes/short legs could create more force, which moves the opposite object ie defensive linemen.
Researchers found that sprinters had 12 per cent longer toes - around half an inch on average - than their slower counterparts of the same height.

However the lower legs of speedy runners were shorter - about six per cent shorter on average - than more sluggish members of the public.

Dr Stephen Piazza, an expert in kinesiology, the study of human movement, said he was surprised by the results but computer models suggested longer toes provided more grip and shorter legs more power.

Dr Piazza and his team at Pennsylvania State University became interested in studying the legs of athletes after they were approached by an American footballer trying to increase his speed.

They then recruited another 10 sprinters from the university as well as 10 more lay people of the same height and weight.

They measured various proportions of their legs to see what made people more likely to be a fast runner.

They found that the sprinters had big toes - measured from their metatarsal to the end of the nail - on average 3.22 inches (82.cm) long compared with 2.8 inches (7.3cm) in non-sprinters - an increase on average of 0.4 inches (1 cm).

Sprinters' lower legs - measured from knee to ankle - were on average an inch shorter than non-sprinters - around 16inches(41cm) long compared to 17.3inches(44 cm) .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/scienc ... unner.html
Top speed requires longer legs, but that would be irrelevant for OL. They seldom move more than 5 yards.