NFL.com says ask for Earl Thomas is TWO 2nd rounders

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If a team wants to pry Earl Thomas from the Seahawks, they'll have to pay.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Seattle's price in any trade talks for Thomas is two second-round picks, according to a source informed of the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... arl-thomas

Rapoport had mentioned one 2nd rounder before; this is the first mention of two. He also said Dallas offered one 2nd round pick before the season and implied that offer was rescinded by the Cowboys.

If true, such a high ask seems extremely unlikely to be met. I think this indicates that the Seahawks’ “Plan A” is to franchise and/or extend Earl Thomas after this season and would only part with him for an exorbitant reward.

Atradees

Reaction score
I was all for a trade. I like the Mcdougal, Thomas, Flowers, Griffen DBs......It could be a great unit. I would up the annie.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":edfvbk1w said:
If a team wants to pry Earl Thomas from the Seahawks, they'll have to pay.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Seattle's price in any trade talks for Thomas is two second-round picks, according to a source informed of the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... arl-thomas

Rapoport had mentioned one 2nd rounder before; this is the first mention of two. He also said Dallas offered one 2nd round pick before the season and implied that offer was rescinded by the Cowboys.

If true, such a high ask seems extremely unlikely to be met. I think this indicates that the Seahawks’ “Plan A” is to franchise and/or extend Earl Thomas after this season and would only part with him for an exorbitant reward.

Two 2nd seems ok, I was thinking more like a 1st + 3rd. Jerruh was simply insulting Earl with his low ballin' may be Quinn or Andy may go for it?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2nd and 3rd would be good too... considering ET will get paid as well.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Well good to know they’re standing their ground, rather than being fleeced like in past trades.

The decision is simple. If hawks can return to the Bowl within Earls next contract term, then extend him. Otherwise make a trade happen.

D

DomeHawk

I thought I was hearing just one 2nd round pick on the radio this morning and I was thinking that was BS. Glad to hear it's two.

ET doesn't realize he sabotaged not only us, but himself as well when he pulled that stunt. Now everyone thinks they can get him for a song because he is unsatisfied here.

bigcc

Reaction score
Atradees":3qg3p32r said:
I was all for a trade. I like the Mcdougal, Thomas, Flowers, Griffen DBs......It could be a great unit. I would up the annie.
Normally don't like to be this guy but I believe you mean ante...

JGreen79

Reaction score
bigcc":1j90go6c said:
Atradees":1j90go6c said:
Normally don't like to be this guy but I believe you mean ante...

Or you could say Earl has been a Smooth Criminal this year?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
These things are just click bait. I doubt anyone but John knows what he wants for Thomas. And it likely varies depending on the team. He likely wouldn’t trade him in the division for less than a 1st and a 3rd. Likely would take a couple 2nd rounders from Cleveland or the Jets.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I just don't understand the nfl business model i guess.

How in the crapping hell does any team in need of secondary help, which is many from my purview, not buy one of the greatest free safeties of all time for a 2nd rounder?. It must be fitting the salary in to their cap hit as well as the cost of the pick?.

Because straight up at the face value Earl vs projected value of 2nd rounder seems like an insane value for a team with the need.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mad Dog":qwtmk4cs said:
These things are just click bait. I doubt anyone but John knows what he wants for Thomas. And it likely varies depending on the team. He likely wouldn’t trade him in the division for less than a 1st and a 3rd. Likely would take a couple 2nd rounders from Cleveland or the Jets.
Yep. Cowboys fans are suckers for stories like this.

bigcc

Reaction score
Optimus25":3mdgv2zz said:
I just don't understand the nfl business model i guess.

How in the crapping hell does any team in need of secondary help, which is many from my purview, not buy one of the greatest free safeties of all time for a 2nd rounder?. It must be fitting the salary in to their cap hit as well as the cost of the pick?.

Because straight up at the face value Earl vs projected value of 2nd rounder seems like an insane value for a team with the need.

If your aim is to win now sure, if he was younger sure (though it never would have reached this point with us)...

Nobody is doubting his ability at the moment, but people are worried about his ability to keep it up over the next few years , his desire to play (at this level) after getting his next contract, not to mention the huge cap he'll eat up for those years.