Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fire Pete

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Fire Pete
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:37 pm
  • That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
    blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
    This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.
    But its true and yall know it.

:irishdrinkers: :rumble: :pukeface:
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ
    I was not looking for a rival today but here we are
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Re: Fire Pete
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 pm
  • I do not have an argument.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:46 pm
  • Dumb

It’s a transition year after losing a lot of talent due to injury and contract.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:48 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Dumb

:2thumbs:
    I hope the bandwagon fans go bye bye this season.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

The past 2 1/4 years have been transition years. For the past 2 1/4 years, this offense has been an absolute train wreck that is not fun to watch.

We went from ****y Bevell to even ****ier Schottenheimer. That’s on Pete and John.
    Last edited by Steve2222 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Ya and it looks like homegren's last year. Pete is lost only wants yes men. And at the end of the day
    we are on the downside of his time here. This team can't get any better it can only get worse. If you
    liked that game today don't watch other Nfl games. They don't look like that dog turd. All im asking
    is for this team to have a chance to play better.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:52 pm
  • The argument is always: who is available that’s better?

Until you have that answer, firing the most successful coach in Seahawks history is being a reactionary fool.

I know fan is short for fanatic, but you don’t have to always abandon reason and logic to cheer for a team.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:52 pm
  • The ideal scenario would be as follows:

Pete realizes that he's failing. His message, having grown stale with his army, was ineffective. His philosophy had become plagued with inconsistency, and his observant and free-thinking group of players called him on it. He didn't listen, but perhaps it was time that he did.

Pete does what he did before - realizes that he's failing, again and again. Locks himself in a room and, in a fit of introspective fury, fills a notebook with all that was and is important to him in life.

Wooden’s book so motivated Carroll that he instantly knew that he needed to “get [his] act together.” The first thing he did after that moment was open a notebook and write down everything that was important to him in his life. Shortly thereafter, the very idea that would grow to consume him and influence everyone who has ever met the man would be born. “I had always competed my whole life with my brother,” Carroll said. “Competition makes you better. It’s the guy across from us that makes us who we are.” Carroll referenced battles during Seahawks practice between center Max Unger and nose tackle Brandon Mebane as a form of competition that makes both players better, almost like two pieces of metal sharpening one another. And so this concept came to fruition in the very essence of the philosophy he preaches.

So, Pete comes out and concedes control of the offense to an innovator much like himself, focuses on replenishing a defensive unit with young, hungry players who compete ferociously and with an attitude, and this time, doesn't stray away from that philosophy once he's reached the summit.

I think Pete, once he realizes something is actually fundamentally wrong, has another good run in him. I want that run to be in Seattle. He needs to get back to basics and free up the offense.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:53 pm
  • There is something fundamentally wrong with this team and it starts with the coaches. I love Pete, but I think this team needs a new direction.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:53 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:The argument is always: who is available that’s better?

Until you have that answer, firing the most successful coach in Seahawks history is being a reactionary fool.

I know fan is short for fanatic, but you don’t have to always abandon reason and logic to cheer for a team.

Whoever is the next young, hotshot offensive mind Andy Reid is grooming
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Fire Pete
Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:55 pm
  • Shotty should be fired instead of Pete. 0 for whatever on third down conversions. Very ugly.
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:56 pm
  • Chris Peterson and there is a list off inventive coaches. But hey lets just keep rolling this crappy team out cause who else can do it.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfish wrote:Shotty should be fired instead of Pete. 0 for whatever on third down conversions. .

And whoever decided to hire Schotty in the first place should be fired while we’re at it
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• hawkcrazzed wrote:Chris Peterson and there is a list off inventive coaches. But hey lets just keep rolling this crappy team out cause who else can do it.

Jesus stop with Peterson. He is not going to leave the college game.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:The argument is always: who is available that’s better?

Whoever is the next young, hotshot offensive mind Andy Reid is grooming

This. Or whoever the Eagles OC is this year. That's just a starting point. There are guys out there. No one knew who Doug Pederson was the year they fired Chip Kelly and he led them to a SB with a backup QB.

Do you not recognize how underwhelming this offense has been since the end of 2015? There is no rhythm or flow to the playcalling. The QB looks lost out there. The line seems to be decent now - not consistently good, but improved - and it hasn't made much of a difference. We didn't run the ball for crap last year and we have these past two weeks...and now we haven't been able to pass the ball that well.

I really, really don't want Pete gone because I like his style and his personality, but if he won't see reason and update the offense, it's time for him to go. There is inferior talent here, but they are not being put in position to succeed in this offense either.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

This is about how we are playing.
    Last edited by SkyHawks16 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SkyHawks16
    NET Practice Squad

• Steve2222 wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:Chris Peterson and there is a list off inventive coaches. But hey lets just keep rolling this crappy team out cause who else can do it.

Yeah, Paul Allen probably couldn't afford him.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm
  • Hawkfish wrote:Shotty should be fired instead of Pete. 0 for whatever on third down conversions. F'in ugly.

Schotty is a problem, but most of the playbook is Pete Carroll's. Carroll is the main driving force behind this poor offense.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:Chris Peterson and there is a list off inventive coaches. But hey lets just keep rolling this crappy team out cause who else can do it.

Ya I hear Paul is cash strapped :sarcasm_off:
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:02 pm
  • Pete is the boss of everything the buck stops with him. And he can't see the forest thru the trees its time.
    Love him for the Trophy but after all this he needs to retire.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:09 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Dumb

:2thumbs:
    I hope the bandwagon fans go bye bye this season.

You get "bandwagon" fans because you're good. The Browns don't have bandwagon fans. I mean, if you want us to suck because it will lead to the fan base being more "pure" than go for it. I would rather see Peter get fired and maybe become good again (hopefully good enough to have fans jump on our bandwagon)
    seanmatt
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:13 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong with this team and it starts with the coaches. I love Pete, but I think this team needs a new direction.

Agreed. Warned of Pete's decline some time ago. Blasted it all last season.

Now those past warning are undeniable reality.

Time for Pete to go.

Yes, we got a win but anyone with even a basic understanding of the game realizes if a win could still manage to be a dumpster fire this was it.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm
  • I don’t want to see Pete go. I also know if they play like this next week we are going to lose about 42-10. So many obvious coaching mistakes that could have cost them. Going for it on 4th with no timeouts at the end of the second. Running the clock out at the end of the game with 1:00 left on the clock to kick a 52 yarder when you have a Wilson as your qb.
    Last edited by edogg23 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm
  • edogg23 wrote:I don’t want to see Pete go. I also know if they play like this next week we are going to lose about 42-10.

Yup.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:19 pm
  • Get a grip dude. Pete isn't perfect, but your emotions are literally comparable to leaving your wife because you think the grass is greener on the other side. Then you discover your ex-wife has a lot of qualities your current wife doesn't. I for one like stability. If I was running the Seahawks the last thing I'd listen to is a rabid fan base

I hated the 3rd and 1 call. But I've watched football religiously to know that even Andy Reid, Belicheck, etc. have made similar mistakes. Everyone wants a Sean McVay or a Kyle Shanahan but neither of them have won a superbowl
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 pm
  • what if carroll would go to the huskies, and peterson to the seahawks?
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:21 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Get a grip dude. Pete isn't perfect, but your emotions are literally comparable to leaving your wife because you think the grass is greener on the other side. Then you discover your ex-wife has a lot of qualities your current wife doesn't. I for one like stability. If I was running the Seahawks the last thing I'd listen to is a rabid fan base

I hated the 3rd and 1 call. But I've watched football religiously to know that even Andy Reid, Belicheck, etc. have made similar mistakes. Everyone wants a Sean McVay or a Kyle Shanahan but neither of them have won a superbowl

No you got it wrong its like being with a wife u can't stand becaue its all you know.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:21 pm
  • You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:
    Steve2222 wrote:

If this rang true, Nick Saban would already be back in the NFL and Urban Meyer would have had his shot already too. Some guys just like the college game and don’t want to deal with Pro Athletes. Money can’t persuade that. Peterson is one of those guys.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:23 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

We won due to the other HC/OC being more incompetent than ours. Hardly a win to feel good about. If there’s such thing as a moral victory, then this is a demoralizing victory.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
    blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
    This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.

:240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :bitenails:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Year of The Hawk wrote:You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

Oh this has been a long time coming. Its not just this game its the fact that Pete is blind. We whine
    and complain but keep going cause he won a superbowl. Guess what LOTS OF COACHES WON
    AND GOT FIRED. Pete is just in that part of his career. And its about 2 years to late.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

• I actually love the Hawks running the ball down someones throat.They play pretty good D even with the massive loss of talent from last year.They just need to clean up the stupid mistakes.

But then again I turned off the Rams Viking game because no defense bores the hell out me.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:29 pm
  • It's great that many of the posters who thought this was going to be a terrible year due to the rebuild are the same ones furious over the 2-2 start. Losing some bandwagon posters isn't worth missing the playoffs but it would be a nice silver lining.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:34 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new

I nominate this for the worst post of the week. Or worst post of the month.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:36 pm

People keep saying "transitional year", but what I saw out there was bad coaching, and a team that looked unprepared, and incompetent. Pete Carroll tried his hardest to lose the game with the way he called it. This has become a trend over the last few seasons.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:

People keep saying "transitional year", but what I saw out there was bad coaching, and a team that looked unprepared, and incompetent. Pete Carroll tried his hardest to lose the game with the way he called it. This has become a trend over the last few seasons.

What you have is an almost entirely new coaching staff and team trying to figure out how to gel. Patience.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 pm
  • Winning solves all problems
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:43 pm
  • Lots of "New Blood" coaches are gone after just a few seasons. Often after digging a larger hole then the one they found. .

That said, a year too early is better than a year too late. I see somebody like David Shaw here in 1-2 years.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:43 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:Winning solves all problems

Unfortunately for this team winning can also (like today) more fully expose problems that don't appear to be going away any time soon...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:52 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:

Ya and it looks like homegren's last year. Pete is lost only wants yes men. And at the end of the day
    we are on the downside of his time here. This team can't get any better it can only get worse. If you
    liked that game today don't watch other Nfl games. They don't look like that dog turd. All im asking
    is for this team to have a chance to play better.

Nice "hawkcrazzed Hot Takes" can I get your Twitter handle, I feel like I've been missing out. :irishdrinkers:
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

For those that want a name. John DeFilippo.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:59 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

For those that want a name. John DeFilippo.

You’re probably the best poster on this board. Great post.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:00 pm
  • crosfam wrote:Lots of "New Blood" coaches are gone after just a few seasons. Often after digging a larger hole then the one they found. .

That said, a year too early is better than a year too late. I see somebody like David Shaw here in 1-2 years.

David Shaw? Gross.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 pm
  • PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Gotta love a bitch thread after a win.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:The argument is always: who is available that’s better?

Agreed, and thank you for bringing reason and sense to the thread.

The talent base on this team is in transition, and they are still carrying some dead weight in Prosise, Hill, Vannett, Madden, Marshall, King, and Jordan. When upgrades can be found for these players, in addition to the others developing, this roster will be in a position to compete for a championship.

As for Pete and the coaches, they've done a good job thus far. They've gotten the formula back to what it needs to be in emphasizing the run and it showed the last two weeks. There's still room to grow in getting Russell to function more effectively within the offense, and scheming up pass rush / 3rd down plays, but I believe they are on the right track.

Ultimately this team had too many fatal flaws coming into this year even with all the changes to be a championship team, so being competitive and possibly challenge for a playoff spot is all I expected this year. I think that will happen, and looking forward to this offseason when the team can take another step back to greatness.

As for any replacement for Pete, if that were to happen, I would only be excited for Chris Peterson at this point.
    That's what you get when you try me...
    Boom84
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:16 pm
  • Steve2222 wrote:

The past 2 1/4 years have been transition years. For the past 2 1/4 years, this offense has been an absolute train wreck that is not fun to watch.

We went from ****y Bevell to even ****ier Schottenheimer. That’s on Pete and John.

I get your point, but it's more so Carroll.

Schneider is really just Carroll's puppet.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm
  • Let’s review. 3 of the first 4 games on the road, new coordinators on both sides of the ball, had a chance to win the first two at the end of each game, currently sitting at 2-2, pro bowlers and playmakers on both sides of the ball no longer Seahawks, Pete Carroll teams generally play better at the end of the season...

If they don’t win every game 35-0 in dominating fashion by all 3 units, people on this board go ballistic. I’ve heard fans of other teams refer to the Seahawks by numerous names including chicken hawks. I’m thinking many of our fan base are the chicken littles. Enjoy the damn win for what it was...a win.

They are a young team with new DCand OC. There’s bound to be growing pains.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:

What you have is an almost entirely new coaching staff and team trying to figure out how to gel. Patience.

And yet the same offensive issues plaguing us since the end of 2015 persist. How long are you willing to give Pete to get this offense rolling?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information