Lower Leg Fracture

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
for ET per Pete's presser.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1046544640197898242[/tweet]

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I knew it the second I saw the collision.

Fortunately it’s not a career ended so Thomas can make his 8 million hanging out in Texas and sign with Dallas in the offseason.

Thanks for the memories Earl.

Mizak

Reaction score
Is this end-of-the-year type injury or just 4-6 weeks injury?

nategreat

Reaction score
Gah, I feel so bad for him. Really puts a damper on the win- he was playing lights out all year. I really hope be comes out of this okay mentally; this is his second broken leg in only a few years if early reports are true. I'm really hoping Earl gets one more opportunity to sign a big contract, he deserves it. I'm just mad at the Seahawks right now. A tough situation though for both sides.

sutz

Reaction score
Mizak":dc5m1nik said:
Is this end-of-the-year type injury or just 4-6 weeks injury?
Well, I'd imagine they would IR him and hope to designate him for return after 8 weeks.

bigcc

Reaction score
Mad Dog":285z2yeb said:

Fortunately it’s not a career ended so Thomas can make his 8 million hanging out in Texas and sign with Dallas in the offseason.

It's not even necessarily a season ending, or even Half a season ending injury... Stress fracture=6-8 weeks

TreeRon

Reaction score
bigcc":3dhmxl7h said:
Mad Dog":3dhmxl7h said:

It's not even necessarily a season ending, or even Half a season ending injury... Stress fracture=6-8 weeks

He's not playing for the Hawks ever again.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Thats why we didn't pay him.

Good move. No it's not selfish, no it's not unfair.

JGreen79

Reaction score
bigcc":k5y7fm6t said:
Mad Dog":k5y7fm6t said:

Its a season ending injury if there is no new contract for sure. 0% chance Earl plays without a new contract now.

edogg23

Reaction score
And this is exactly why the Seahawks were correct in not giving him an early extension.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Wonder what JS is thinking now. Could of had a second rounder, now nothing. Hawks suck at playing poker.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Broken bones are 8 weeks minimum just for the healing process, more if it's the weight bearing bone, then he has to get back into game shape before he can even think about a return.

In other words he's played his last game for Seattle barring playoffs. I highly doubt he would even entertain a playoff comeback without an extension tbh.

bigcc

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3dfo2jac said:
Wonder what JS is thinking now. Could of had a second rounder, now nothing. Hawks suck at playing poker.

That's such a stupid point of view how could they have POSSIBLY seen that coming?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2j4cguc6 said:
Thats why we didn't pay him.

Good move. No it's not selfish, no it's not unfair.

Agreed 100%, NFS. Exactly why the Hawks didn’t want to commit to a mostly guaranteed contract that would likely pay $13+MM a year.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
bigcc":borkib8l said:
Hawkfish":borkib8l said:

That's such a stupid point of view how could they have POSSIBLY seen that coming?

Always something that was lurking. Even Thomas was taking it easy at practice not to hurt himself looking for an extension or trade.

Not saying that JC or the front office would have known of this injury during this game. Sometimes a bird in a hand...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
bigcc":o37ubsjy said:
Hawkfish":o37ubsjy said:

Damn straight. It's an easy call once you know what's going to happen.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!