Whew!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Closer than most of us expected. Credit to the Cardinals who always seem to get up for us.

Initial half-ass comments before I re-watch the game without the emotional drama...

-- Why is Davis getting the rock over Penny? Not that I don't think Davis is good, he clearly is and proved it today but to my mind I feel there's a legitimate reason Penny isn't getting the lion's share of the load. Maybe it's his surgically-repaired finger so they are still slowly working him in? He looked good overall.

-- Rosen is going to be my new favorite divisional rival QB I hate. Just the look on his face is perpetual contempt and arrogance AND he has a good arm. The perfect recipe to hate.

-- Uncle Will? Nooooooo! ETIII? Nooooooo! Any word on their status?

-- Russell still looks a bit out of sorts. This is the type of game he goes off on. Yet he made pedestrian throws and decisions here and there. Yes, he had some nice moments for sure but something tells me he is still trying to find his footing under this new scheme. It's like watching Russell at 75%.

-- Overall, I really like the way this young team is shaping up. The effort is clearly there. The talent, while certainly not 2012-2016 level talent, is encouraging. There's no give up in this team. A PC staple.

-- Have we only lost one game in the Wolf Greys?

-- Loving this commitment to the running game. Don't stop believin' boys. Hope to see Carson back next week.

-- Is that Arizona stadium the new St Louis Rams stadium? What an embarrassment.

-- Who was Earl flipping off? It was towards our sideline. Hmmmmmmmm.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Pete and Shotty truly have turned Wilson into a game manager.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Earl fractured his leg again.

Dissly tore a patellar tendon.

Likely both are season endin IR.

Arizona is a house of horrors for us these days.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TreeRon":3ugklghn said:
Pete and Shotty truly have turned Wilson into a game manager.

The game film doesn't lie. So far, I would have to agree with that statement. Ugh.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mad Dog":2jj0lsi7 said:
Arizona is a house of horrors for us these days.

Wow, no kidding. That just absolutely sucks.

nategreat

Reaction score
Nice thoughts, always an insightful read. My guess is he was giving the bird to "the Seahawks" in principle; the front office specifically, and maybe even Pete, though I hate to think that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Rosen has a ton of potential. We got lucky with all the drops from Cards receivers today.

Looks like Dissly (patellar tendon) and Earl (lower leg fracture) are both done for the season. That sucks and we've really had a rough go of it this season in terms of injuries.

Davis really excels with screen passes. He was good last year with them and it really slowed down their pass rush today.

I don't think Russ had a bad game other than two 3rd down throws to Baldwin. Not sure whether that's Baldwin's fault or Russ's fault, but no way that veteran tandem should be completing a yard short of the first down line.

I feel sorry for anybody not excited for next week's home game against the Rams. If you follow the same team for long enough you won't always be rooting for the front runner, and if you can't root for an underdog then it's a rough life as a sports fan.

edogg23

Reaction score
I don’t known what is going on, but if this is Wilson’s role going forward they might as well trade him and find a rookie to hand the ball off. There is nothing going on at the QB position worth 26 million right now. Russ looks lost out there. I don’t know if it’s the coaches or him but something is way off.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
nategreat":2qhbgtli said:
Nice thoughts, always an insightful read. My guess is he was giving the bird to "the Seahawks" in principle; the front office specifically, and maybe even Pete, though I hate to think that.

I’m thinking maybe him flipping the bird was his way of saying “I told you so, you win, assholes”.

sutz

Reaction score
So, the whole off-season we were complaining that we can't run the ball.

Now that we have consecutive games with 100 yard rushers, Wilson sucks?

:34853_doh:

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":jasot3y0 said:
So, the whole off-season we were complaining that we can't run the ball.

Now that we have consecutive games with 100 yard rushers, Wilson sucks?

:34853_doh:

I was happy with our run game, pissed off at our lack of passing game and 3rd down conversions and play calling.

James in PA

Reaction score
edogg23":uo38456i said:
I don’t known what is going on, but if this is Wilson’s role going forward they might as well trade him and find a rookie to hand the ball off. There is nothing going on at the QB position worth 26 million right now. Russ looks lost out there. I don’t know if it’s the coaches or him but something is way off.
I don’t know what to make of Russ anymore. He will soon be the winningest QB in team history and the only QB yo lead us to a title. Plus he’s made so many ridiculously good plays over the years. Maybe all of those things caused us to set our expectations too high. He’s not elite. At least not yet. Maybe never. He’s the kind of guy that will go out and have a monster game once you start questioning whether or not he’s a franchise QB. But the consistency just isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edogg23

Reaction score
James in PA":285jqjm9 said:
edogg23":285jqjm9 said:
I don’t know what to make of Russ anymore. He will soon be the winningest QB in team history and the only QB yo lead us to a title. Plus he’s made so many ridiculously good plays over the years. Maybe all of those things caused us to set our expectations too high. He’s not elite. At least not yet. Maybe never. He’s the kind of guy that will go out and have a monster game once you start questioning whether or not he’s a franchise QB. But the consistency just isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also refuse this is the real Russ. I don’t think he threw the ball in the air farther than 15 yards the whole game. What happened to mixing in deep shots with the run? Why does it look like they are not even running real plays on third down? Everyone runs around lost and Russ runs for his life.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Aros":2i0rl3zg said:
Closer than most of us expected. Credit to the Cardinals who always seem to get up for us.

Initial half-ass comments before I re-watch the game without the emotional drama...

-- Why is Davis getting the rock over Penny? Not that I don't think Davis is good, he clearly is and proved it today but to my mind I feel there's a legitimate reason Penny isn't getting the lion's share of the load. Maybe it's his surgically-repaired finger so they are still slowly working him in? He looked good overall.

-- Rosen is going to be my new favorite divisional rival QB I hate. Just the look on his face is perpetual contempt and arrogance AND he has a good arm. The perfect recipe to hate.

-- Uncle Will? Nooooooo! ETIII? Nooooooo! Any word on their status?

-- Russell still looks a bit out of sorts. This is the type of game he goes off on. Yet he made pedestrian throws and decisions here and there. Yes, he had some nice moments for sure but something tells me he is still trying to find his footing under this new scheme. It's like watching Russell at 75%.

-- Overall, I really like the way this young team is shaping up. The effort is clearly there. The talent, while certainly not 2012-2016 level talent, is encouraging. There's no give up in this team. A PC staple.

-- Have we only lost one game in the Wolf Greys?

-- Loving this commitment to the running game. Don't stop believin' boys. Hope to see Carson back next week.

-- Is that Arizona stadium the new St Louis Rams stadium? What an embarrassment.

-- Who was Earl flipping off? It was towards our sideline. Hmmmmmmmm.
I have this old Huskies shirt I wear at home, and after we went 02 I realized to my horror I had it on during Hawks games. I stopped wearing it before the third game and found a wolf-grey sweater to watch for this last one. Am I tripping, here, or what? I wore the Huskies one last night during the game, but pumped out a few Go Hawks during the Seahawks commercials, and right after that they blew the goose-egg, even though they still won. Sorry, fans of both teams, which I am!

Beren

Reaction score
My thoughts:

- Very strange use of timeouts again. At times, there looked to be discord and confusion along the line of scrimmage right up to the snap. Feels quite disoganised as an offence, in general.
- Good resilience, but felt like a result which papers over the cracks.
- Mike Davis did really well, and our run game is visibly coming on.
- Not many vertical/field-stretching throws.
- We were lucky their pass-catchers had papadum hands.
- Need to raise our game and clean up silly mistakes for the game to be even vaguely competitive next week.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Once he settled down, Rosen looked gooood. Pocket awareness and arm strength, but mostly, man, was he able to thread the needle on some of those later passes. He’s going to be a pain for years. Four actual QBs in the division, for once?

Anyway, win is a win, no matter how ugly.

Now if you don’t mind, I’m off to look at my #29 jersey and think of the days when we were kings.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Good points Aros. Here are my takeaways:

- Our first three out of four games were on the road. When we take a step back and think about it, that's pretty freaking insane. Is there another team with a similar schedule and if so, I bet they're struggling.

- When we looked our best, we were at home. The Seahawks have always struggled on the road under Pete, especially in September. I am perfectly okay with this ugly win. Look for us to struggle in London, and then again in Detroit.

- As the season goes on, I wouldn't be shocked if we went 6-2 at home and 4-4 on the road. Personally, I'd take that. Also, some of our toughest opponents we have to face at home. The Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, Chargers. Yep, all coming to our house

- I think Russell is under a new system but also, I don't think we can underestimate the road factor. So many new players, new shifts on the O-line. We have a much easier time communicating at home

- I thought Russell mostly did what we have to. Pete's way is not a blowout for the sake of a blowout. The way I saw this game, we made plays when we had to and played the field position game as best we can. I also think losing Dissly was huge in terms of protection and looks we like to give the opposing team. The only other TE that can approximate Dissly is Dickson

I know many won't be happy with this win, or how we won. But I'm okay with ugly wins, especially against division opponents. The teams who win it all don't always blow teams away during the regular season. Not that I expect us to win it all of course

THE TABS

Reaction score
Not very often do you see a team win despite not converting a single 3rd down (0-9). Same old problem; receivers can’t get separation and the line can’t handle pressure up the middle.

That 3rd and 1 call in the 3rd quarter made me want to destroy my tv. We were in complete control at that point, and they hadn’t stopped us on the ground all day. That one is on Brian, not Pete.

I feel so bad for Earl. Looks like the same injury he had 2 years ago. It would be cruel irony that the LOB collectively played their last games for us all on that same field suffering injuries.

Defense was a mixed bag for me. The Cardinals receivers bailed us out big time with all their drops. Rosen played better than his numbers indicate. We let him get too comfortable back there.

I’m preparing for an epic blowout next week for us, on the losing end, just like last year.