Brandon Marshall

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I know he is supposed to be a bit of cheap Jimmy G replacement but I don't think he has much left in the tank anymore. He looks slow, can't get separation, and has dropped some balls that should have caught. I would rather see Moore in there more often than Marshall. Am I the only one that sees this or am wrong? Just trying to pinpoint what is wrong with the passing game (other than the usual stuff posted here). With Dissly gone we have one less half decent guy to throw the ball too..

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jaron Brown has been the real disappointment. But I agree. Moore needs more playing time. I’d also like to see Lockett get more action off the fly sweep. He’s perfect for that role. However, that would mean we’d have to have an OC with an ounce of creativity

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many plays Brown gets on? It seems he is barely out there.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Cyrus12":35lmy9v0 said:

15 plays, which was 23% of our offensive plays. Not much.

sutz

Reaction score
BM was definitely a disappointment Sunday. Starting to look like a poor signing. Guy's had a great career, but it's not looking too good that he will continue this year.

I'm all for seeing more of Moore and it's nice to see ADB back out there. We'll be needing him going forward.

Seymour

Reaction score
2_0_6":24tmmkwb said:
Marshall's developed a major case of stone hands.

He has had issues with drops in the past also from time to time.

Taking number 15 "cemented" Marshall and the hands for good.

He is hurting us far too often...and it sucks because he could help and I like the dude. :|

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Marshall has had too many drops.

Brown did some great blocking on one of Mike Davis' touchdowns. Walked his man backwards into the end zone. Around here, you're hired to block instead of getting looks in the passing game all the time.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I certainly think Moore needs more time out there. I also think Brown needs more time than Marshall.

You can't drop balls on 3rd down that hit you in the hands. You just can't.

James in PA

Reaction score
Was really pulling for this guy and hoping he would show flashes of the Marshall from a few years ago. If he doesn’t start contributing soon, it might be time to move on from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The drops are disappointing. I was so rooting for him to have a great year but the eye test isn't lying.

He looks tired and done.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Marshal has had multiple drops in every game. Many of which would have been first downs.
This team is young and we are clearly rebuilding. Cut Marshal and give Moore the chance to develop chemistry with Russ.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3votfbpp said:

Moore had more snaps yesterday than Marshall, so that tells you Pete and Brian are also tired of Marshall's old tired ass not getting open and dropping balls so far this year.

Bottom line on Marshall, if anyone expected more out of an oft injured old receiver than what we're getting right now? You should have lowered your expectations.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Really disappointed to see Wilson almost trying to force the ball too much to Marshall.....which reminds me of trying too hard to make Jimmy Graham the number one receiver. I really want to see more of David Moore and Jaron Brown.

Atradees

Reaction score
It felt like Moore got some reps that were Marshalls. David has a future as he has soft hands and is explosive. I file this under dialing in a new team and figuring out who is most consistent.

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, Marshall is a procession receiver that couldn't process.

I heard, in person, Jerry Rice once said that biggest challenge for WR in WCO was coming in the middle in short yardage situations knowing that you WILL get hit hard. Being in SoCal desert, I didn't get to watch all the games, I felt like most balls to Marshall were towards the sidelines? If so, why's that, dude got problem running to the middle of field ... fear of big hits by LB or SS?

Just speculating of course, if Marshall was hearing footsteps, his days of WR is basically over.

xray

Reaction score
Less Marshall & more Moore. I was rooting for Marshall at first ; but let the young guys play now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Like Janikowski, Marshall is living off a reputation that was made years ago. The team would be better served with somebody else getting the snaps.