So You're Saying There's A Chance.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Last week I made it pretty clear that I think the Seahawks are going to lose this Sunday. However, that's just one fan's opinion which as we well know has zero bearing on the game's outcome. But then I started thinking harder about it. The Rams are an easy favorite coming into this matchup. Their defense has yet to fire on all cylinders but their offense is undoubtedly lethal.

The quick look says the Seahawks need to score in the 30's to have a chance. I would normally agree but something tells me we could be wrong this week. Losing Earl is unquestionably a huge blow but what I like about this team is paradoxically what might keep them from the post season this year.

Youth. There are a lot of young players that don't know any better. As in, they don't have the history or the memo that we should lose this game. Something tells me (and yes it could be indigestion) the Seahawks are going to attack their offense like we have not seen this season. Safety blitzes. Corner blitzes. Wagner getting in the mix...I have a hard time believing Norton isn't scheming something delicious as I type.

They say stats don't lie but I think they fudge a bit. Our offensive line is looking better than their ranking. The team - warts and all - shows legitimate promise in several areas. I do recall (vividly) the shalacking the Rams gave us at home last season but that was a completely different team spiritually, emotionally. I think this team has an undefinable spunk, mettle and resilience that team did not have last season.

Dunno. Maybe this is little more than a Rah Rah Aros post on a Monday morning fresh off a win but I cannot discount that nagging feeling that you might want to rethink all your chips on the Rams Sunday.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We are 7.5 point underdogs at home. Have we ever been 7.5 point underdogs at home in the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era?
I mean we've lost maybe 4 games by more than 7 points since 2012.

Vegas has little faith.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Did Pete Carroll write this?? Just kidding..good to be optimistic but it could be a rough one. This place will explode like when the mega powers hulk hogan and macho man broke up....

AubHawk71

Reaction score
The NFL is specifically engineered for the sort of upset/trap game the Hawks could pull over on the darling Rams this week. Especially at home. If the Bills can beat the Vikes in Minnysohta, anything can happen. Thing about being on the top of the heap is that everyone wants to knock you off, and...the...pressure...mounts when you are 4-0.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cyrus12":20sijxli said:
Did Pete Carroll write this??.

Yes. My cover is now blown thank you very much.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They were 12 point underdogs at home vs. the World Champ Saints and won. They were supposed to the thrashed by the Eagles last year, and they knocked their d's in the dirt. You still gotta' lace em up. Like I said before, ask the Vikings if there are sure things in the NFL. Buffalo is horrific and they smacked the Vikings around in their house. Upsets have been happening on a regular basis this season.

Seymour

Reaction score
There is always a chance.

Sometimes it's even a fat one. :twisted:

Steve2222

Reaction score
The game will be closer than a lot of people probably think, but there’s no way this team is ready to compete with LA. 24-16 final score. When we go to LA I’m fully expecting a 42-10 final score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I'm still laughing over the post saying that it won't be a blowout because the Rams will let up. :34853_doh:
But hey, if they do get blown out, people can say they told us so. Because that's really fun to gloat about your team losing.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Blow outs don't just happen in the NFL. For example, the reason the Vikings got SMOKED by the Bills is in part because of turnovers and an ineffective offense. Two blowouts that stickout to me was our blowout vs the Panthers in the playoffs, and our blowout versus the Rams last year. In both situations it was a perfect storm:

1. Missed Tackles
2. No Pass Rush
3. No running game
4. Long third downs(as a result of no running game, etc.)^

I don't see us getting blown out. This is a divisional matchup where there's a lot of familiarity with each other. Our protection is better up front...and quite frankly this is where "Pete Ball" has its advantages. Getting turnovers and controlling the clock. Our running game will be better. We already had injuries during that blowout, so in many respects we ARE better this year than that 42-0 blowout will suggest.

And, like I've said before we are a MUCH different team at home. Especially with so many young players that's especially true this year. :irishdrinkers:

rjdriver

Reaction score
The Rams are a better team from top to bottom, however, clearly the better team doesn't always win.

I think if Russell can play out of his mind and if we can force some turnovers and have a few lucky bounces or calls, we could have a shot in the 4th, which is all one can ask for. Maybe Eruzione scores late in the third, and Jim Craig holds their potent offense at bay for the last 10 minutes...Who knows? I think it will be closer than people think.

However I fully expect the Hawks to be out coached and schemed by a much more creative playcaller. The Rams just don't have any glaring weaknesses to exploit right now. They are a damn good football team.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I dont think we'll get blown out because that never happens when the media thinks it will. I dont believe we can hang with LA though. We wont win and I just dont think Russ has enough of a connection with Schotty, yet.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I don't think,this game is close.....they are better in every aspect of the game . Goff is out playing Wilson .

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1vucuc6q said:
We are 7.5 point underdogs at home. Have we ever been 7.5 point underdogs at home in the Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson era?

Beastquake game.

Aros":1vucuc6q said:
Sac":1vucuc6q said:
We're gonna get REKT

Lose? Perhaps. Destroyed? Come on man.

It happened last year. At home, to the Rams.

McVay is Young Belichick and he's come to our division. We'd better get used to it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Obviously we have a chance, very rarely do we get blown out. Last time was, err, Rams.........nevermind!

I sure hope we at least keep it close until the end, because another Rams blowout at home would be franchise crushing inside and outside the lockerroom.