Seahawk Defense

hawkfan68

Reaction score

xray

Reaction score
I didn't know the numbers but it did seem like the DBs were doing the heavy lifting. Maybe too much dedication to the pass rush and less players to make tackles around the line...not sure....but opponents are throwing the ball alot against the Hawks this year because of some new players at new positions.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jarran Reed and Frank Clark are also on pace for 12 sacks. The defense performance is for sure commendable, especially with 3 of 4 being on the road. Defenses usually play better at home, especially ours.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wish the offense was on par. Never saw this coming. They are doing a great job so far.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
7th overall? I will take that any year. Nice job young bucks.

Fade

Reaction score
The defense has held up so far despite the lack of pass rush. The upcoming weeks will be a better gauge due to facing better QBs.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m pleasantly surprised because of the losses the defense has suffered. I never imagined they would be this good this early. They’ve also overcome some key injuries to Wright and Wagner. They can only get better.

For the offense, I believe they are still working a lot of kinks out. However there had been improvement with the run game so hopefully that continues. If they can work toward being in the top 15 on offense, that should get them maybe 10 wins.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think the numbers here are skewed. I didn't like what I saw against Arizona. There were a couple of times where Rosen hit his receivers right, square in the hands when they were behind the defense. He should have had about two more touchdowns and 150 more yards than he did, and that is when Earl was in.

We also have to account for the teams we've played. The Cowboys are ranked 27, the Bears are ranked 22 (only because they played one of the worst defenses in the NFL), the Cardinals are ranked 32nd, and the Denver Broncos are 13th.

The Broncos are the semi okay offense we've played, and even so they are 25th in points scored. They've scored their highest amount of points, and got their highest yardage of the season against the Seahawks. The Cowboys also had their second highest offensive production against the Seahawks. I'm going to omit the Cardinals because Rosen is leagues above Bradford at the moment, and the Bears game the Seahawks are tied for second with GB in terms of offensive production.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I like what I'm seeing. A young hard hitting, hard playing secondary. They're playing with a chip on their shoulder and and it's only going to get better. I can't wait for that first Tre Flowers pick 6!

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":1fkcmpy8 said:

I will take that this year for sure, but any year? Nope.

#7 D in 2013 absolutely means we have no SB victory. Unfortunately a #7 D is not good enough for Pete ball to succeed in a deep playoff run either.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At the start of the year we looked bad. 27 pts per game type of bad.

I don't for a minute expect us to maintain a top ten ranking.

But we could end up at #15 and that would be quite an accomplishment given the loss of talent, 1st year players, and tremendously overmatched DL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
#15 would be incredible really. No more Sherm, Kam, Avril, Bennett and now Earl. If they finish middle of the pack, that's solid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2rshzasq said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we were in the 20's after week 1, and just so happen to play three straight terrible passing offenses.

My guess is after the gauntlet of good to great passing offenses over the next month and half (Rams (twice), Raiders, Chargers, Packers and Lions)...........we ain't gonna be #7.

But overall I'm pleasantly surprised by our defense. I thought they'd be the weak link in 2018 with so many young players and lack of depth.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Regarding the DBs leading in tackles, keep in mind we've had a lot of different guys playing LB so far. Wagner missed a game, Kendricks wasn't here for week 1, Griffin and Calitro have both had starts, Mingo is out or on the edge for Nickel situations. Hopefully our LBs are leading the way in tackles once we have a healthy group there.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This coming Sunday playing the Rams will determine if our #7 Defense is for real. If we can hold the Rams under 20 points.......I'd be ecstatic!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":gjp2kqqx said:
This coming Sunday playing the Rams will determine if our #7 Defense is for real. If we can hold the Rams under 20 points.......I'd be ecstatic!

Agreed. Holding the Rams under 20 will show that this team does have some life in it. Maybe not 10+ wins but that it can remain scrappy.

94Smith

Reaction score
Dak Prescot, Mitch Trubisky , Case Keenum, and rookie Josh Rosen. The next six weeks is a slew of great quarterbacks who will test this defense.

Fade

Reaction score
94Smith":3g50az8f said:
Dak Prescot, Mitch Trubisky , Case Keenum, and rookie Josh Rosen. The next six weeks is a slew of great quarterbacks who will test this defense.

Excellent point.

Though with that being said the Secondary has been stellar. The Linebacking core has played fantastic.

The D-Line rushing the passer? Has been dreadful, and is why I have been so impressed with the back 7.

So things are about to get interesting indeed in the coming weeks.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Looks good but keenum, dak, rosen.

I'll put all of my judgemental eggs in this week's basket.