Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

Earl Thomas
10
15%
Kam Chancellor
17
26%
Kenny Easley
38
58%
 
Total votes : 65

  • You have one game. A playoff game. You can only suit up one the following safeties IN THEIR PRIME. I’m not comparing teams.. you don’t have any idea who the other 10 guys are, you just need to pick one of the following.

    Who you got and why?

    I’m old enough to be objective, and I’m taking Earl. It’s not an easy choice though, they all bring plenty to the table.

    (I know they play different positions, you have to consider that as well)
    Last edited by rjdriver on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1929
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


  • Earl - was the main cog of the defense during their insanely dominant run. Covered sideline to sideline by himself for the most part. Came up like a rocket on running plays to blow up a play like a LB, could also man up with bigger receivers when needed.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4095
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • In their prime? Gotta go with the original Enforcer. Kenny Easley. Not that we would lose with either of those two other choices of course, but Kenny in his prime was ridiculous.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12625
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Easley was unreal, had it all as a player.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9995
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Biased on Kam.

    I still go back randomly and watch his highlights. Some of my favorite hits of all time.
    User avatar
    Yxes1122
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 234
    Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 pm


  • Old school here, I'd have to say Easley.

    No love for the Hammer? Hamlin should probably get a few votes. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15190
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • I think Earl and Easley were both better overall than Kam, but when the games were most important, he would take over, like the SB win and the playoff win over the Panthers. So for 1 playoff game I'd take Kam.
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm


  • Oh and it's Kam not Kim. :)
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm


  • Easley without a doubt. He was a combination All Pro safety, corner and linebacker in one. He could do it all. He is one of the 75 greatest players of all time at any position-yes he was thst good. For younger fans that missed seeing him, watch as many youtube clips as you can-The Enforcer was truly special.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • West TX Hawk wrote:Easley without a doubt. He was a combination All Pro safety, corner and linebacker in one. He could do it all. He is one of the 75 greatest players of all time at any position-yes he was thst good. For younger fans that missed seeing him, watch as many youtube clips as you can-The Enforcer was truly special.


    ^^^^ :ditto:

    Absolutely, ET and Kam were great but no one could take over a game like Kenny Easley could.

    My all-time favorite Seahawk.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

    - Darius Rucker
    User avatar
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am
    Location: Meadowdale


  • Pre-Turf Toe Easley.
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3896
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


  • sutz wrote:Old school here, I'd have to say Easley.

    No love for the Hammer? Hamlin should probably get a few votes. ;)


    Good call but the sample size was too small unfortunately. He had a chance to be great but his career here was short-lived.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12625
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.
    User avatar
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2127
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


  • T-Hawk wrote:I think Earl and Easley were both better overall than Kam, but when the games were most important, he would take over, like the SB win and the playoff win over the Panthers. So for 1 playoff game I'd take Kam.


    This for me. The guy was so clutch during the '13 and '14 playoffs. Not to mention I think he was probably the most intimidating player I've ever seen on the field. His build, his speed, his violence and his look with the black visor.

    Looked like Predator out there.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1797
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • T-Hawk wrote:Oh and it's Kam not Kim. :)



    Darn autocorrect

    Fixed
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1929
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    :ditto:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2663
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


  • Playoff game? That makes it a really easy answer and it's Kam in a hearbeat. He dominated playoff games specifically. Not sure why, but he turned up to an unreal truly dominant factor when the playoffs came around. The other two...not so much. I don't see how this can possibly be disputed with any measure of sanity.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • There is a reason Easley only played 7 years yet was inducted into the HOF. The 1984 defensive player of the year was Kam and ET rolled into one and to this day the argument (Easley vs Lott) is still talked about. KE45 could play SS, FS and CB, all at the highest level, he was a feared game changer who didn't rely on a legion to do his business. One game. one season or a career, it's not even a serious debate in my mind. Sure miss the taped up forearms.

    Also think FS Eugene Robinson deserves some recognition. 15 year career, 57 int, 42 int's for the Seahawks, & a ring with GB. 57 INT is 11th best ever, what's 28 + 29? Right now I'm a big Bradley McDougald fan.
    Seahawker76
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm


  • It'd depend on who we were playing.

    Big physical run team with good TE's? I'd pick Easley or Kam that can drop down into the box and dish out some bone shattering soul stealing hits.

    If it's a great QB/passing offense with good receivers? Has to be Earl.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13317
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Hit like Kam with Thomas's speed and range and could also catch a interception and field Punts. and Play CB.

    Receivers feared him and so did QB's.

    Easley.

    In a playoff game a player like him could slide into 4 rolls if injuries happened, CB, SS,LB,CB.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24703
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Earl Thomas
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2244
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • C'mon guys you all know deep down in your mind you know ET is the best safety this team has ever had. He is probably the 4th best Seahawk ever to grace our presence. And yes I do remember Kenny.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4872
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Easley weight a few pounds more than Earl and was nearly the same size as Tre Flowers. Revisionist stuff is funny. Easley was a cover safety through and through even if he played at a time when there were still OLs and DTs that were 270. Basically every safety that Easley played with was bigger than him (mass/weight). Easley had some hits here and there, but like Earl, it would be a stretch to call him a hitter. And yes, I watched him, Lott, etc. Dude was a cover safety plain and simple. Don't give two ishes if he was listed as a SS. He referred to himsef as a FS and no, he wasn't like Kam. He was way beyond a better cover safety than Earl, however, who's majority of INTs were from tipped balls due to being late.

    And don't bother...has nothing to do with contract.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5288
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • seahawkfreak wrote:C'mon guys you all know deep down in your mind you know ET is the best safety this team has ever had. He is probably the 4th best Seahawk ever to grace our presence. And yes I do remember Kenny.

    Go watch all of Earl's INTs. Count how many were from tipped balls or overthrow vs how many he atually broke on. Then do the same for Easley.

    There is no comparison at all without lies. Easley was the best cover safety the Hawks have had. Kam was the most dominant in the postseason.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Seymour wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

    Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

    Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...


    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??

    Same weight Muhammad Ali won a heavy weight world championship at....so pointless point.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5288
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

    Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...


    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • How many SB MVPs did any other Seahawks player ever turn down because they didn't sign a Disney parade waver?

    The question was one game and a playoff game specifically.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • I went with Kam. Playoff Kam was a was a whole different force, not that the other two didn't bring it in big moments too. But Kam might be one of the best big game defensive backs ever.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • I am thirty eight, so just on the cusp of missing out on watching easley, which is only compounded by the fact that i lived my entire life out of market.

    But i think we should put the generations in perspective. If the assumption is that the game would be played in easleys generation, i would definitely take easley. I see all the skills you old timers are hawking about, and it makes sense.

    But I'm not convinced he'd be such a far better choice, as some of you are trying to lead me to believe, than a kam or Earl were the game to be played in this generation of players.

    The fact that game has evolved so drastically towards the pass and towards pure speed players does not seem to bode well for me in trying to pick him over Earl. Plus I'll look at playoff performances and well, Marino had over 400 yards of offense and put up 31 on us in 84, so I'll just stick with one of the two top performers that absolutely annihilated the greatest offense of all time on the biggest stage of franchise history thank you.

    The guy is a hall of famer, but i can't see him being plucked from the 80s and you guys seriously believing he would immediately translate to that elite level given one, ONE game to do it in the much faster game of today. But yeah, 80s ball, seems like he did in fact have it all.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • As of now, at this moment? I will take Tedric Thompson!! Then I shall be on my knees praying that he will turn out to be another McDougald.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1039
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Attyla the Hawk wrote:Easley. Not even close IMO.

    Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.


    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

    Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...

    Here we go about size of then vs now...
    If Easley was playing today with the training and proper nutrtion available to todays players
    I can assure you he would be Kam sized but faster with a lot more talent then you ever saw
    from him or Earl.The Enforcer:A beast among men..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3965
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • Easley 7 days a weak 365 days a year, against any team. There is a good reason why he got the hall of fame with only 7 years under his belt. The guy was a monster. He had the range, and coverage instincts of Earl, the ball skills of Sherman, and the brutality of Ronnie Lott. He could also play every position in the secondary. He is a guy who put the fear of god in other players. You think Kam, and Hamlin were brutal? Just go watch footage of this manimal.


    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2626
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
    I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.
    Seahawker76
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 39
    Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm


  • Seahawker76 wrote:I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
    I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.


    And i think you're dismissing a 3 time all pro far too easily. Earl even had to play against Rodgers, Brady, big Ben, let alone the FAR superior receivers of this day and age.

    The money factor is a product of the generation, and i guarantee a young easley born and bred in this era would act no different.

    Let alone you say,'this is a man', like kams hits and plays all thru the super bowl were nothing. And oh by the way, no one will ever hit anyone the way kam stole Vernon Davis's soul. Ever. Before or after.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • Yeah Fouts, Marino, Stabler, Elway, Bradshaw and others were all just schmucks to play against when Easley played let alone the receivers they had to throw too.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24703
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    +1000

    Easley could play either safety position, Earl just 1. Speed of Earl and hitting power of Kam.

    Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...


    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1821
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...


    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?


    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • We’re splitting hairs obviously. I sat at Husky stadium in the rain the year after we won the Rose Bowl with Warren Moon which was about the greatest sports thing to ever happen up here, and watched Easley return a punt for UCLA to the house and we lost 7-10 with Tom PoorAss as qb. I think he may have been great before Largent was. Still, that hit on Demerius Thomas was literally all time. Kam and Earl got the big stage. Who will ever forget him jumping over the line to not block the field goal 2x! Sorry, it’s gotta be Kam.
    User avatar
    evergreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 506
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm


  • Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Yeah...the whole 6'3 206 skinny arse pounds of him. Load of BS...


    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

    Then explain why QBs wouldn't throw at Easley by that same sentiment when he got INTs at a much higher rate.

    That's what's called failed logic.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Seahawker76 wrote:I doubt 29 or 31 would have continued to play with the knee, ankle, shoulder and turf toe injuries that KE45 played with, not to mention the failing kidneys. Anyone who says Easley wasn't a huge hitter is high. I've seen Kam's hit's and seen WR's laid out cold & twitching for being in KE's territory. Read what Todd Christensen & Kellen Winslow said about him. They didn't call him The Enforcer during the 80's era of smashmouth football for nothing. This is a man, not a little cryer asking for more millions, when his contract was up he asked for one dollar more than Ronnie Lott. FS, SS, CB, PR.
    I choose Easley every day of the week and twice on sunday, anyone that doesn't is either far too young or just doesn't recognize the gesture directed at their sideline.


    Not to mention it's hilarious you point out how easley was such a baller and love of the game guy who was a leading Seahawk figure in the strike and gave our own jim zorn hell, publicly, for offering his services as a replacement player.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • Optimus25 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?


    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

    Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Guess again. :roll:
    How many NFL defensive player of the years did Earl of Kam have again??


    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

    Then explain why QBs wouldn't throw at Easley by that same sentiment when he got INTs at a much higher rate.

    That's what's called failed logic.


    No it's called the evolution of the passing game with greater accuracy, far more complex offense, and vastly superior receivers.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?


    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

    Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.



    It's literally incapable to say the passing game is ten times more intricate and evolved than 1984 and that Earl plays vs greater players both behind center and lined up outside?.

    Huh. Sounds rock solid to me.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • Optimus25 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

    Then explain why QBs wouldn't throw at Easley by that same sentiment when he got INTs at a much higher rate.

    That's what's called failed logic.


    No it's called the evolution of the passing game with greater accuracy, far more complex offense, and vastly superior receivers.

    Nnnnnnno. Players are better athletes, yes, but QB accuracy wasn't any different and possibly better depending on which QBs you're talking about, ut that's splitting hairs.

    Where you're really wrong though, is offense complexity. Same with defense. Almost nothing is new. Hawks fans even tried to tell themselves tall tales about this new cover 3 defense and the bear wrinkle when that stuff was in place before they were born.

    I would agree that athletes are better, but not at one particular position. It's across the board so competition level renders that moot too.

    There is no possible way that Earl Thomas is the greatest Seahawk safety in any aspect. Sorry, but it's the truth. He's been an awesome, awesome player, but not nearly as good in coverage as Easley and not even remotely close to the physical presence that Kam was. He met his first round requirements, which is awesome, but that doesn't come with any big fish BS that supercedes truth.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Optimus25 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?


    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

    Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.



    It's literally incapable to say the passing game is ten times more intricate and evolved than 1984 and that Earl plays vs greater players both behind center and lined up outside?.

    Huh. Sounds rock solid to me.

    The hell it is. It's not the evolution of data networks, kid. I played for a long time, can call plays to this day, and not much has changed. 3 wr sets are more prevalent in teams, but that's about it.

    Just because it's rocket science to you doesn't mean it is to those with experience. Especially not ones who play today. They grew up in it. It ain't no Harry Potter spell.

    OMG THE LACK OF A FB AND MORE SLOT WRS WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO BECAUSE WE'RE SO INCAPABLE OMG.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4549
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • "Fear" Kam scared the other team in a way I have never seen a DB do. He was Lawrence Taylor playing Safety.

    He could also do this.
    Image

    All three are HoF material. Even though Kam probably won't get in because the media is stupid.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1671
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    That cop out has nothing to do with anything and you know it. Easley was not some large, powerful player. He was tall and fast and the best cover safety in Hawks history. He and Kam are completely different players. Easley was like ET, just infinitely better. He had 37 picks in 7 years and Earl had 22 in that span.

    Easley and Kam are completely different players. Just like Earl and Kam are completely different.


    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?


    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

    Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.


    So how about this for an argument?

    When easley in his prime, 1984, played against elway, he was playing against a QB who had 18TD and 15 picks on the year in total.

    When Earl played against the Broncos in 2013, he was playing against a qb who had 55 tds and 10 picks on the year in total.

    That's just one sliver of my point. The game evolved far too dramatically to say a 1984 all pro is leaps and bounds above a 2013 all pro without at least a fair comparison outside of the standard'' oh easley by a mile because he was the man'' and literally that is the extent of the argument.
    Last edited by Optimus25 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

    I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

    Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

    Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

    Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.



    It's literally incapable to say the passing game is ten times more intricate and evolved than 1984 and that Earl plays vs greater players both behind center and lined up outside?.

    Huh. Sounds rock solid to me.

    The hell it is. It's not the evolution of data networks, kid. I played for a long time, can call plays to this day, and not much has changed. 3 wr sets are more prevalent in teams, but that's about it.

    Just because it's rocket science to you doesn't mean it is to those with experience. Especially not ones who play today. They grew up in it. It ain't no Harry Potter spell.

    OMG THE LACK OF A FB AND MORE SLOT WRS WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO BEECAUSE WE'RE SO INCAPABLE OMG.

    Yep.


    Yeah. The stats really back up that argument. so the passing game didn't evolve since 1984.

    Wow. I can't believe you can take yourself seriously. A quick look at the average draft position of a running back is all it takes to prove why you're in a forum now and not calling plays anywhere legitimate. let alone see above for my reproof in one analogy.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1607
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information