Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

Earl Thomas
15%
Kam Chancellor
26%
Kenny Easley
58%

Total votes : 65

• Optimus25 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:
    If we're counting picks as a comparison stat it begs the question: How many might Earl have had if it were not for long stretches of several entire seasons where QBs simply did not throw to the deep middle of the field?

Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.

So about this for an argument?

When easley in his prime, 1984, played against elway, he was playing against a QB who had 18TD and 15 picks on the year in total.

When Earl played against the Broncos in 2013, he was playing against a qb who had 55 tds and 10 picks on the year in total.

That's just one sliver of my point. The game evolved far too dramatically to say a 1984 all pro is leaps and bounds above a 2013 all pro without at least a fair comparison outside of the standard'' oh easley by a mile because he was the man'' and literally that is the extent of the argument.

Earl was dead silent that game where as Kam dominated and even got his INT from Earl's single high position when they went robber.

Also Elway was always overrated and I don't think any QB really compares to what Manning whas in his prime. Dude WAS the playbook and is an exception, not a rule. In '84, Elway was not some GOAT. Never was really. Kind of like an RW who could run, throw some passes that would make you question his sanity and maybe even 20/20 vision, while also making some plays and then people would lie to themselves about his 1st round pick status. Elway would be ringless without TD. Yet another hard truth.

But I'm assuming you picked Elway because he was in the division? So why choose Manning who ISN'T in the division and if outside of Division why not throw Montana in there?

You WANT Earl Thomas to be the best ever, but I'll tell you a secret....the tooth fairy isn't real either.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:
    Bingo. Kind of makes Sherman's stats suck in comparison, but theres a stellar reason he declined in picks. They didn't even throw his way when he had a freaking limp dangling arm in the nfccg against green Bay.

I'm so interested in this topic because everyone virtually speaking is so easily dismissing the two stalwarts of potentially the greatest defense ever assembled who destroyed and dismantled and pounded the piss out of and took the lunch money of and beat the ever loving crap out of THE GREATEST SINGLE SEASON OFFENSE OF ALL TIME. Like just nope, easley was better, trust me. I'm for the argument, against the dismissive statements that are actually not true and comparable.

Like I've said previously. If this imaginary game were played in this generation, I'd caution anyone just blindly throwing ken out there because the game has changed a hundred fold and the speed and size of today's players would decimate numerous teams from the 80s.

Like i literally think Rodgers hangs 50 on easleys Seahawks their first meeting.

Not bingo. You're telling yourself fairy tales. If those rules apply to Thomas and even Sherm, then they have to apply to Easley as well. That argument is literally incapable of bearing any weight.

So about this for an argument?

When easley in his prime, 1984, played against elway, he was playing against a QB who had 18TD and 15 picks on the year in total.

When Earl played against the Broncos in 2013, he was playing against a qb who had 55 tds and 10 picks on the year in total.

That's just one sliver of my point. The game evolved far too dramatically to say a 1984 all pro is leaps and bounds above a 2013 all pro without at least a fair comparison outside of the standard'' oh easley by a mile because he was the man'' and literally that is the extent of the argument.

Earl was dead silent that game where as Kam dominated and even got his INT from Earl's single high position when they went robber.

Also Elway was always overrated and I don't think any QB really compares to what Manning whas in his prime. Dude WAS the playbook and it an exception, not a rule. In '84, Elway was not some GOAT. Never was really. Kind of like an RW who could run, throw some passes that would make you question his sanity and maybe even 20/20 vision, while also making some plays where people would lie to themselves about his 1st round pick status. Elway would be ringless without TD. Yet another hard truth.

But I'm assuming you picked Elway because he was in the division? So why choose Manning who ISN'T in the division and if outside of Division why not throw Montana in there.

You WANT Earl Thomas to be the best ever, but I'll tell you a secret....the tooth fairy isn't real either.

lol. I picked the main player of the era. You want to compare fouts or bill kenney or anyone, go ahead. And by the way, Marino pounded the hawks in a way they haven't been pounded in earls time in the playoffs, and you wanna talk about dead silent, look at easleys stats that game.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• Easley. Teams planned around him come gameday. Guy was unbelievable.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Current vote.
    29- 9
    31- 16
    45- 32

Let us know when either Kam or Earl puts on a gold jacket. :les:
    Seahawker76
    NET Practice Squad

• Seahawker76 wrote:Current vote.
    29- 9
    31- 16
    45- 32

Let us know when either Kam or Earl puts on a gold jacket. :les:

first seriously thanks for the count and steering on topic. I know that took a little time.

Second, by that logic you'd also take yale lary from the 1950s vikes.

Gold jacket and all I'm sure he'd cover side to side and keep demarious Thomas or megatron in check better than kam or Earl.
    :roll:
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• I'll take Easley and it's not close.
    I had the privilege of seeing him play in person numerous times, back in the days of the Kingdome.
    Simply amazing.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information