Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

Which great Seahawk safety are you taking for one game ?

• Earl Thomas

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Kam Chancellor

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Kenny Easley

Votes: 38 58.5%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
You have one game. A playoff game. You can only suit up one the following safeties IN THEIR PRIME. I’m not comparing teams.. you don’t have any idea who the other 10 guys are, you just need to pick one of the following.

Who you got and why?

I’m old enough to be objective, and I’m taking Earl. It’s not an easy choice though, they all bring plenty to the table.

(I know they play different positions, you have to consider that as well)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Earl - was the main cog of the defense during their insanely dominant run. Covered sideline to sideline by himself for the most part. Came up like a rocket on running plays to blow up a play like a LB, could also man up with bigger receivers when needed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In their prime? Gotta go with the original Enforcer. Kenny Easley. Not that we would lose with either of those two other choices of course, but Kenny in his prime was ridiculous.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Biased on Kam.

I still go back randomly and watch his highlights. Some of my favorite hits of all time.

sutz

Reaction score
Old school here, I'd have to say Easley.

No love for the Hammer? Hamlin should probably get a few votes. ;)

T-Hawk

Reaction score
I think Earl and Easley were both better overall than Kam, but when the games were most important, he would take over, like the SB win and the playoff win over the Panthers. So for 1 playoff game I'd take Kam.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Easley without a doubt. He was a combination All Pro safety, corner and linebacker in one. He could do it all. He is one of the 75 greatest players of all time at any position-yes he was thst good. For younger fans that missed seeing him, watch as many youtube clips as you can-The Enforcer was truly special.

D

DomeHawk

West TX Hawk":3112fh7i said:
Easley without a doubt. He was a combination All Pro safety, corner and linebacker in one. He could do it all. He is one of the 75 greatest players of all time at any position-yes he was thst good. For younger fans that missed seeing him, watch as many youtube clips as you can-The Enforcer was truly special.

^^^^ :ditto:

Absolutely, ET and Kam were great but no one could take over a game like Kenny Easley could.

My all-time favorite Seahawk.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":2hpxmsgn said:
Old school here, I'd have to say Easley.

No love for the Hammer? Hamlin should probably get a few votes. ;)

Good call but the sample size was too small unfortunately. He had a chance to be great but his career here was short-lived.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Easley. Not even close IMO.

Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
T-Hawk":4rxlthqq said:
I think Earl and Easley were both better overall than Kam, but when the games were most important, he would take over, like the SB win and the playoff win over the Panthers. So for 1 playoff game I'd take Kam.

This for me. The guy was so clutch during the '13 and '14 playoffs. Not to mention I think he was probably the most intimidating player I've ever seen on the field. His build, his speed, his violence and his look with the black visor.

Looked like Predator out there.

kf3339

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2a6u9fzh said:
Easley. Not even close IMO.

Easley was like combining the best parts of Earl and Kam. Fiercest hitter at his position and also the best ball hawk at safety. Purely dominant.

:ditto:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Playoff game? That makes it a really easy answer and it's Kam in a hearbeat. He dominated playoff games specifically. Not sure why, but he turned up to an unreal truly dominant factor when the playoffs came around. The other two...not so much. I don't see how this can possibly be disputed with any measure of sanity.

Seahawker

Reaction score
There is a reason Easley only played 7 years yet was inducted into the HOF. The 1984 defensive player of the year was Kam and ET rolled into one and to this day the argument (Easley vs Lott) is still talked about. KE45 could play SS, FS and CB, all at the highest level, he was a feared game changer who didn't rely on a legion to do his business. One game. one season or a career, it's not even a serious debate in my mind. Sure miss the taped up forearms.

Also think FS Eugene Robinson deserves some recognition. 15 year career, 57 int, 42 int's for the Seahawks, & a ring with GB. 57 INT is 11th best ever, what's 28 + 29? Right now I'm a big Bradley McDougald fan.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It'd depend on who we were playing.

Big physical run team with good TE's? I'd pick Easley or Kam that can drop down into the box and dish out some bone shattering soul stealing hits.

If it's a great QB/passing offense with good receivers? Has to be Earl.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hit like Kam with Thomas's speed and range and could also catch a interception and field Punts. and Play CB.

Receivers feared him and so did QB's.

Easley.

In a playoff game a player like him could slide into 4 rolls if injuries happened, CB, SS,LB,CB.