Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Power Rankings

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Power Rankings
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nutluck wrote:Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.


    I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.


    Isn't this how it is every year?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5131
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Power Rankings
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nutluck wrote:Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.


    I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.


    Isn't this how it is every year?

    :common069: Don't tell him. He thinks he's on to something. :mrgreen:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15795
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nutluck wrote:Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.


    I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.


    Isn't this how it is every year?


    I think this year it's worse with so many 2-3, 2-2 and 3-2 teams. There are entire divisions with every team at or around .500.

    But that's what the NFL wants right? Parity.

    So debating on whether we're #12 or #22 in the power rankings is silly to me, cause I think there's very little difference this year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14277
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Power Rankings
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm
  • I would like the team to finish this season ranking in the range of 10 to 14; ie with a remote chance of making playoff, but definitely set up nicely for the next two years.

    To achieve that, our team must have winning percentage for the rest of regular season games.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1385
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    nutluck wrote:Personally I would put the Seahawks around 12-15 range, looking at the teams ahead of them on the rankings.


    I think this tells you how many mediocre teams there are right now in the league. There are only 4-5 very good teams, 4-5 very bad teams and everyone else is in the middle somewhere, including us.


    Isn't this how it is every year?


    I think this year it's worse with so many 2-3, 2-2 and 3-2 teams. There are entire divisions with every team at or around .500.

    But that's what the NFL wants right? Parity.

    So debating on whether we're #12 or #22 in the power rankings is silly to me, cause I think there's very little difference this year.


    I sort of agree but it’s the NFL. Someone has to lose.

    I think we over categorize teams. Personally I think the NFL is arguably the best it’s ever been, with room to get better. Even Mitch Trubisky is on a great team right now. Watching football lately has been the first I’ve felt like most games can be a toss up. For example, we SHOULD whoop the Raiders. But they’ve shown an ability to score points. Carr is capable of a good game. The Browns can arguably compete with anybody. The Eagles have the talent to finish strong. The Giants are literally a Quarterback away from being absolute BEASTS on offense. They’re loaded at the skill positions. The Vikings still present a challenge. Cousins is capable of an amazing game. The Cowboys can be a problem next year with a stud WR and a new O-coordinator

    I can go on and on, but there is indeed a lot of parity in the league and I’d be nervous to bet on most games. Even the teams with a losing record are capable of upsetting a contender. Heck, most fans think the Seahawks are done, but any team would be foolish to underestimate us on any given Sunday
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1032
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: Power Rankings
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:
    I can go on and on, but there is indeed a lot of parity in the league and I’d be nervous to bet on most games. Even the teams with a losing record are capable of upsetting a contender. Heck, most fans think the Seahawks are done, but any team would be foolish to underestimate us on any given Sunday


    For sure. Parity IS the reason the NFL is so popular.

    Any year any team can go 3-13 and turn it around and make the playoffs the next year. What other league can that happen in? Every other pro sports league is the have and have nots based on massive team salaries or who has the most stars.

    That's all any sports fan asks for..............hope.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14277
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:03 am

Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:22 am
  • NFL.com has us up 2 to #15 this week.

    Not high enough IMO for that game's performance and being on the least coast....but progress.

    You hear the phrase "flying under the radar" in sports enough to make you miss those Jimmy Johnson Extenze commercials. (Note: Please don't read the Chargers blurb.) Yet, I have to say that no team is ... flying ... uh ... is being ignored more than the Seahawks. Seattle has improved to 4-3 after starting the season with two straight losses. Front and center is Ken Norton's defense, which is fifth in points allowed per game, despite being sans Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett. That's the same Norton whom the Raiders -- the Raiders -- didn't want. Cool.

    Side note: Got a random call from John Schneider about my Eric Metcalf TBT feature from this past week. Schneider brought in Metcalf in 2001 for the then-struggling Redskins (1-5), without earning much praise from the sportswriter peanut gallery. The 12th-year pro promptly took a first-quarter punt 89 yards to the house. Washington went on a roll, winning four in a row after Metcalf joined and finishing 8-8. Moral of the story: Schneider and Pete Carroll know what they are doing


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981512/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-9-panthers-seahawks-on-the-rise
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:52 am
  • Seymour wrote:NFL.com has us up 2 to #15 this week.

    Not high enough IMO for that game's performance and being on the least coast....but progress.

    You hear the phrase "flying under the radar" in sports enough to make you miss those Jimmy Johnson Extenze commercials. (Note: Please don't read the Chargers blurb.) Yet, I have to say that no team is ... flying ... uh ... is being ignored more than the Seahawks. Seattle has improved to 4-3 after starting the season with two straight losses. Front and center is Ken Norton's defense, which is fifth in points allowed per game, despite being sans Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett. That's the same Norton whom the Raiders -- the Raiders -- didn't want. Cool.

    Side note: Got a random call from John Schneider about my Eric Metcalf TBT feature from this past week. Schneider brought in Metcalf in 2001 for the then-struggling Redskins (1-5), without earning much praise from the sportswriter peanut gallery. The 12th-year pro promptly took a first-quarter punt 89 yards to the house. Washington went on a roll, winning four in a row after Metcalf joined and finishing 8-8. Moral of the story: Schneider and Pete Carroll know what they are doing


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981512/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-9-panthers-seahawks-on-the-rise


    It's a bit ironic, then, that a Rosenthal article on their front page argues for the Hawks as a top-10 team. This tells me the popular sports media don't know what to make of this team. I think that goes for a lot of fans, too.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ightens-up
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 am
  • Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:24 am
  • Aros wrote:Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.


    Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14277
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:20 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.


    Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.


    I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts the needle would move that much. Excuses about how the inconsistencies of the Chargers and their weak strength-of-schedule will come up, and we'll be at #12, probably.

    Now, if we can beast the Packers, Rams, and Vikes, too? :179417:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:01 pm
  • Not where you start but where you finish.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26064
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:13 pm
  • drop, mic
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11419
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.


    Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.


    I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts the needle would move that much. Excuses about how the inconsistencies of the Chargers and their weak strength-of-schedule will come up, and we'll be at #12, probably.

    Now, if we can beast the Packers, Rams, and Vikes, too? :179417:


    Ha, oh man that'd be a run.

    Power rankings are fun, but I just can't get all worked up over where we're at. 8? 10? 12? Who cares.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14277
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.


    Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.


    I'll bet you an avatar of choice for 1 week that after beating the Chargers we still don't make top 10 in NFL.com.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow a lousy 2 spots? Not sure why he is so allergic to putting them where they deserve to be which right now is between 8 and 10.


    Beat the Chargers and you'll get your wish, Hawks will jump into the top 10.


    I'd like to think so, but I have my doubts the needle would move that much. Excuses about how the inconsistencies of the Chargers and their weak strength-of-schedule will come up, and we'll be at #12, probably.

    Now, if we can beast the Packers, Rams, and Vikes, too? :179417:


    Ha, oh man that'd be a run.

    Power rankings are fun, but I just can't get all worked up over where we're at. 8? 10? 12? Who cares.


    Rodney

    Image
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:47 am
  • Down 2 to #17 this week.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000985286/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-10-new-orleans-saints-take-throne

    Ever get the feeling Russell Wilson could win league MVP every year? Where would the Seahawks be without him? Seattle dropped a game to the Chargers on Sunday, and Wilson was far from perfect. Yet there he was, pesky as ever, placing the football between two lunging defenders -- while on the run, mind you -- and straight into David Moore's grill. Drop. Ballgame. (In Moore's defense, the pass was slightly tipped, making it an 8.0 on the difficult-catch scale.) Wilson took off on Sunday more than he has all season, using his legs to advance drives and keep the Seahawks in the game. In the end, Seattle's run defense -- the perceived strength of this group -- owns much of the blame for faltering against a verifiable contender. Those 160 rushing yards on a mere 22 attempts were the backbone of multiple scoring marches by the Chargers.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:03 am
  • FiveThirtyEight has the Seahawks ranked 11th:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

    I wouldn’t put any of the teams below them ahead of the Seahawks. They have Minnesota ranked 10th, and I see them as fairly equal and maybe below.

    They give the Rams a 69% chance to beat the Seahawks.

    Remaining probabilities after that game:
    71% Seahawks beat foundering Green Bay at home in prime time.
    33% chance of the upset over Carolina.
    77% Seahawks’ get their 10th-consecutive win over the 49ers.
    55% Seahawks edge Minnesota at home in prime time.
    62% Seahawks collect another road win over the 49ers.
    42% they upset Kansas City at home in prime time.
    79% Seahawks complete the sweep of Arizona at home.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3082
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 am
  • I'd say it's about right. At this point, the NFC power rankings seem a bit "muddy". One could argue we're still in the hunt for a wildcard but, I don't think our schedule supports it.

    I do think the future is bright though. We've got some great, young players who are racking up invaluable experience this season.

    *edit*
    Understand this is an "old" post.
    Elemas
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 115
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:02 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm
  • I don't think it matters where they put us in the power rankings... the bottom line is that NFL teams respect the Seahawks as a viable threat. I don't think the Rams are looking at the power rankings... they are probably remembering getting beat up in Seattle even though they won the game, it came at a price and they haven't forgotten that...


    LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 512
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:53 pm
  • Yeah the rankings are muddled and meh. Those probability percentages posted above don't look far off.

    I still like our chances for the 5th or 6th wild card spot when all the dust settles.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:12 pm
  • Aros wrote:Yeah the rankings are muddled and meh. Those probability percentages posted above don't look far off.

    I still like our chances for the 5th or 6th wild card spot when all the dust settles.



    Where is the like button!! :D
    LTH
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 512
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:58 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:32 pm
  • I was expecting to jump all over Elliot for dropping us in the poll this week but he actually surprised me. He bumped us up to #15 (up 2) from last week after a loss.

    He did the right thing. That was a tough well fought game they played, and nice that others actually noticed...


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000987904/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-11-packers-rise-patriots-eagles-fall

    The Seahawks gave the Rams all they could handle and came up short again. Reminiscent of the days when Seattle was dominant, and Jeff Fisher's St. Louis Rams would give Pete Carroll's group all they could handle, right? On Sunday, the running game went nuts, be it via the legs of Rashaad Penny, Russell Wilson or Mike Davis -- the Seahawks revved up the ground attack 34 times for 273 yards. Wilson had attempted only 13 passes by the midway point of the fourth quarter. The QB got another opportunity at the end, with 1:35 left and no timeouts, much like in the previous week against the other guys from L.A. It wasn't to be, but Seattle remains one tough out. Put another way: The 'Hawks will be playoff spoilers for somebody.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm
  • I still don't like our chances at getting that playoff game with Alabama.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11419
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:23 pm
  • Seymour wrote:Put another way: The 'Hawks will be playoff spoilers for somebody.


    Whether or not we are in as a wildcard. :P
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 am

Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:14 am
  • At least people are recognizing Pete's coaching chops, but I think the fact that he has had so much continuous success, that people overlook him. :179419:

    Pete Carroll has his kids playing, and it shouldn't be a reach to consider him a Coach of the Year candidate.

    Carroll has never won the award, not after two playoff campaigns with the Patriots, a pair of Super Bowl appearances with the Seahawks or pushing a Seattle group that went 5-11 before his arrival to the Divisional Round in 2010. Hmm.
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18172
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am
  • Should we "win out" and end with a 11-5 record, I'd say we move up to #7....or even #6 in the NFC.
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7434
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:39 am
  • But have we beat anyone with a winning record yet? :P
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26064
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am
  • Chris rocks. That is all
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11419
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am
  • chris98251 wrote:But have we beat anyone with a winning record yet? :P


    The Panthers were 6-4 before we beat them.
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7434
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 am
  • LOL, but if they lose to the Saints and go under .500 they will say they were not good and we have not beat anyone with a winning record. YOU know we can't win. we're a 4 and 12 team the experts said so at the start of the season.


    :stirthepot:
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26064
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:53 am
  • Just like we lost to a "horrible Bears team"

    Yeah, not so horrible.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11419
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:41 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:But have we beat anyone with a winning record yet? :P


    The Panthers were 6-4 before we beat them.

    Panthers and Cowboys.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:13 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:But have we beat anyone with a winning record yet? :P


    The Panthers were 6-4 before we beat them.

    Panthers and Cowboys.


    Cowboys didn't when we played them and the Panthers may not by seasons end, see how that works, Like I said we can't win. :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26064
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:25 pm
  • We’re saving that for the playoffs. Sorta like Alabama playing powderpuff games all season and winning the National Championship. Get Some!
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3073
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am
  • Top 10 to the media bandwagon!

    #9


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000996083/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-saints-still-at-no-1-despite-loss

    Slowly but surely, the Seahawks are ascending the league hierarchy while converging on a wild-card spot. If Pete Carroll hasn't become a prime candidate for Coach of the Year this season, he never will. At 7-5, Seattle has already surpassed the win total most analysts (including this writer) thought it would reach this season. Statistically speaking, the 43-16 triumph over the 49ers couldn't have looked more odd. At one point, Russell Wilson was 9-of-13 with four touchdown passes. Meanwhile, Nick Mullens threw for well over 400 yards with only one pick -- yet, San Francisco struggled to score points. Bobby Wagner managed his usual ho-hum Bobby Wagner day: 12 tackles, a sack, a pick-six and a forced fumble. He's so money, he doesn't know he's money. But everyone else should
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:04 am
  • Saw a ranking this morning that had them #10, with the Cowboys ahead of them.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105779
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Saw a ranking this morning that had them #10, with the Cowboys ahead of them.
    Now that is just silliness right there!
    BubbaGump
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:53 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:14 am
  • HawkGA wrote:Saw a ranking this morning that had them #10, with the Cowboys ahead of them.


    Power Rankings are week to week thing, and the Cowboys just punched the best team in the league in the mouth, so I can see the reasoning.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14277
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Saw a ranking this morning that had them #10, with the Cowboys ahead of them.


    Power Rankings are week to week thing, and the Cowboys just punched the best team in the league in the mouth, so I can see the reasoning.


    Yup. Not gonna get the nation's attention with a beating over the 49ers which is assumed.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Saw a ranking this morning that had them #10, with the Cowboys ahead of them.


    Power Rankings are week to week thing, and the Cowboys just punched the best team in the league in the mouth, so I can see the reasoning.


    Yup. Not gonna get the nation's attention with a beating over the 49ers which is assumed.

    Not to mention it's an opinion. We all have them and they all smell like...well you get the drift. :229031_shrug:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15795
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 pm
  • From 22nd to #8!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000998738/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-15-bears-rise-steelers-out-of-top-10

    Who wants to play the Seahawks right now? Anyone? Anyone? (Is this an appropriate time for a Ferris Bueller reference. No, overdone.) Seattle took care of business Monday night. That's really the only way to put it. The Seahawks traded blows with the Vikings in a defensively controlled contest, then let their top-ranked ground game take over, kind of like every other week during this win streak they have going. The 'Hawks ran a whopping 42 times for 214 yards -- the ninth time this season they've eclipsed 150 yards on the ground. Their leading rusher, Chris Carson, ran for 90 yards, which speaks to what a talented stable of runners Pete Carroll has, including his QB1. Who knows how the defense is playing so well, especially that young secondary. Again, who wants to play these Seahawks?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm
  • Boom!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:14 pm
  • Dropping like a rock from #8 to #11.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001579/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-16-chargers-closing-in-on-no-1-spot

    Previous rank: No. 8

    Right when all data pointed to the Seahawks gliding toward the fifth seed in the NFC, one loss puts even the sixth spot in doubt -- not a pound of doubt, to be fair, but a pinch. At 8-6, Seattle remains in the pole position. At issue are the Eagles, Redskins and Vikings, all of whom won their games Sunday and are nipping at the 'Hawks' heels. With the Chiefs coming to town this weekend, Seattle is in danger of falling behind Minnesota and even the NFC East combatants for those two postseason slots. A pair of notes from the loss in San Francisco:

    A) How is it that, sandwiched around the Seahawks pecking Kirk Cousins enough to make him mediocre, Nick Mullens went 50-for-77 for 689 yards, three TDs and a pick against Seattle in two games?

    B) Despite decent numbers, Russell Wilson was off late -- when the outcome was in doubt -- in the loss to the Niners. That followed a 72-yard passing day the previous week. Wilson was once a dark-horse MVP contender. Now Seattle needs its franchise quarterback to step up to stay in contention.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6180
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:17 pm
  • Meh. It will happen. Playoffs are imminent. Marker my words.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm
  • Just watched the segment on NFL Network and it was cool to see Elliot throw some love to the Hawks. At the final segment he said the Seahawks will win their final two games. Earth-shattering hardly but I always love it when a national media person breaks the mold and gives us some love.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 13183
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Power Rankings
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:25 am
  • So much for our playoff vs. Alabama.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11419
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Previous


It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online