We almost had this one....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just came up short. We did well on offense today. D got lit up a bit. Was an entertaining game though.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3vpjahof said:
Just came up short. We did well on offense today. D got lit up a bit. Was an entertaining game though.
Definitely the most entertaining game in a long while. The level of fan frustration was lower given the offense looked capable. The worst was watching then go backwards when they were in FG range at the end

Atradees

Reaction score
All hail Mike Solari! The best news of the year. We ran the ball down their throats against a monster Dline.

I am super pumped for our future.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Did everyone know, that as soon as we took the time out.. the Rams would 2nd guess their decision to punt?

I mean, everyone except for our coaching staff.

King Dog

Reaction score
I didn't think we had a chance to win, but I'm really pissed at that timeout though. Would have liked to see the last minute drive.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2wf8rw4d said:
Did everyone know, that as soon as we took the time out.. the Rams would 2nd guess their decision to punt?

Pete would have (rightfully) been roasted here had he let the precious seconds tick off the clock there.

Ballsy, ultimately effective, but stupid decision by the Rams there. Put the outcome of the game on that one play. You don't get that and the Hawks most likely win the game.

Maybe if you are playing a desperate team with nothing to lose, thats in the back of your mind, but for a team like the Rams? No, I don't imagine Pete was worried about them trotting Goff back out there.

You absolutely call that timeout. 100 times out of 100. To say otherwise is complete hindsight because of what transpired

Worked out for the Rams, good for them.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm proud and encouraged by the play they put out today, especially the offense and running game! Loosing that way to end sucked, but nothing to hang your head about overall other than too many explosive plays allowed.

James in PA

Reaction score
Bobblehead":4nwhwbj5 said:

Yep. Infuriating! Pete’s explanation was that the Rams would have run down the clock to only a little over a minute remaining. Who cares?! You still would have had that timeout! Pete blew it whether he wants to admit it or not!

(On a happier note, it’s great to have this board back. WTF happened??)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
James in PA":1xo45pe3 said:
Bobblehead":1xo45pe3 said:

Yep. Infuriating! Pete’s explanation was that the Rams would have run down the clock to only a little over a minute remaining. Who cares?! You still would have had that timeout! Pete blew it whether he wants to admit it or not!

(On a happier note, it’s great to have this board back. WTF happened??)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few if any coaches would not do what Pete did with the timeout. You absolutely use it in that situation 100% of the time. Football 101.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
It was a hard fought, heartbreaking loss but there were a lot of positives. It was so encouraging to see the OL just hammer the Rams’ DL all day. Fluker pancaked Suh on the Davis TD and the OL had no fear all day. Solari is really starting to mold this group.

adeltaY

Reaction score
That was a tough loss. I'm glad the offense looked good and we got the deep passing game going. OL was fantastic overall. Seriously, if they can stay healthy and continue to develop and gel, this could be a really good unit! Who woulda thought?

Notes and nitpicks:

-What happened to finishing strong? The D and O were bad in the fourth quarter
-Timeout-gate is hard to assess without hindsight bias, but credit to the Rams for making the right decision
-RW continues in the game manager role, it would make sense trade him or let him walk if that's the kind of offense we are going to run (please don't I will cry)
-Goff did whatever the hell he wanted. Seriously, there was a hint of pass rush, but nowhere near enough.
-Gurley didn't run that well overall, but was money in the redzone. their OL destroyed us at the goalline
-DBs were pretty bad. Shaquill Griffin was roasted repeatedly and T2 was flat out bad at times
-RW is not running and it makes me sad. The offense loses a lot of dynamism. I haven't looked at him this year and thought "Wow, that guy is a weapon" at all this year.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2xb7s1mb said:
If they stop the 4th down, Seahawks probably win ...

Yup. Just like when Texas stopped USC on that 4th and 2 play late in the 2006 Rose Bowl. Texas took the ball, marched down the field, scored a TD and won the national championship with :19 left. Pete can't catch a break...

djb28

Reaction score
I wish we could have squeaked it out. Getting KJ back will be huge. But the loss hurts. I think we can make a run for a wildcard if we keep playing like that. We just exposed the mighty Rams.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Man, LB play was awful yesterday outside of Bobby. Kendricks realistically shouldn't have been a Seahawk without the insider trading stuff, but he is so much better than any other option on the roster. KJ really needs to get back soon.

Still think the TO was dumb. Minute left with a TO is plenty for a superstar QB like Russ.

Chris Carson is a monster and the o-line looks great. Cable really proving how awful of a coach he is.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They played really well. A whole lot better than I thought they could. Carson looked good as did Davis. Oline was way better than I could ever have dreamed. Thought the D was pretty bad and was lucky that Goff wasnt throwing the ball as well as he usually does. No pass rush once again and the linebackers struggled. I did think Thompson played well, but Griffin was horrible. Janikowski was clutch (cant figure him out at all). The TO at the end was bad., but we probably lose despite that anyways. All in all, i'm interested to see where we go from here,

Beren

Reaction score
Proud of the effort and improvement. Left the game disappointed to not win which isn't where I thought I'd be coming into the game. Still missing a fair few pieces on Defence and our pass rush was quite weak, but feel hopeful for the experience we can game this season and hopeful for next season.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Good game. Very frustrating. The Rams defense was humiliated and I hope they get roasted by the coaching staff when watching film this week. They seemed to have no interest in tackling.

Proud of the Rams for fighting through adversity here but they have to get this defense figured out or this team will not be winning a playoff game.