Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams vs Seahawks

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Rams vs Seahawks
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Way better showing by our guys than I expected.

Was super cool to be in the game till the end.

Very disappointed in the finish.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Rams vs Seahawks
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm
  • Almost...was gonna be tough to match offense drive after drive. Our d needed to make a few stops. The entire middle of the field was wide open...no pressure on the QB.. and wide open receivers. Offense played their best game of the year. The last drive sucked with the stupid penalties they took. Was a great game.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm
  • Not the game I expected at all. We grinded the hell out of the ball. Rams moved at will.

Honestly, I thought we would get taken behind the woodshed. Pleasantly surprised. If we are rebuilding, those are the games I can stomach. Effort all around.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:50 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Almost...was gonna be tough to match offense drive after drive. Our d needed to make a few stops. The entire middle of the field was wide open...no pressure on the QB.. and wide open receivers. Offense played their best game of the year. The last drive sucked with the stupid penalties they took. Was a great game.

I know the Defense had some issues, but still, we held them below their average passing AND rushing yards per game, and equaled their lowest point total this season. Held Gurley to his 2nd lowest rushing yards this season. Lots to build on.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:21 pm
  • I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:27 pm
  • Pass defense was awful. Not having Earl really hurt. Rams were getting yards after catch at will. With that said the Seahawks were in this game from the get go and should have won this game. 3 costly mistakes cost the Seahawks a potential win - 2 late penalties to take them out of FG range and a bad timeout call.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Way better showing by our guys than I expected.

Yep, impressed with the offense until the last drive (see penaltys) Play calling and execution were better than it’s been in a long time.
    Pete’s time-out boner still has me irked a bit.

Defense needs to pressure the QB more and secondary needs to play better.
    Hopefully Norton can make the proper adjustments to help his young defense.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 pm
  • Outstanding offensive performance all around. Very exciting game, lots of hope for the future and rest of the season. We now have an excellent 1-2 RB tandem and will run it down many defenses’ throats this year.

Pass rush needs help and some questionable clock/TO management by Pete, but all in all a strong game.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 pm
  • I was also pleasantly surprised by our offensive showing pretty much the whole game. For a team going against what is thought to be the best defense in the league right now, we gave them all they could handle.

Still need work on our defense, but that's to be expected.

Overall, not a bad showing by our Hawks at all!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:45 pm
  • I know several here do not like this offense. Pete has lost it. This style/philosophy is dated. It doesn’t work.

But, damn, I like it. I liked watching Suh and Donald get pushed around. We took it to them physically.

We were runnng over defenders.

IMO, this style still works. The team is 2-1 when running the ball, 0-2 when we throw more then run.

Keep it up!
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:55 pm
  • That was an excellent game today. Really proud of our guys standing up to the bullies. They should all hold their heads up after this game.
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm
  • Someone had a ”12’s Finland” -flag at the Clink! I saw it on TV.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

Clock wasn't technically stopped though. The refs just hadn't blew the whistle yet.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm
  • Game was as close as I actually expected, granted I was expecting the Rams to win by around 3-4 points. I also expected both teams to score and less and both defeneses to be more effective. But honestly this is the seahawks team I have been expecting all year, little better on offense than I expected but a bit worse on defense then I expected.

All and all good fun game.
    nutluck
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:54 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Way better showing by our guys than I expected.

Yep, impressed with the offense until the last drive (see penaltys) Play calling and execution were better than it’s been in a long time.
    Pete’s time-out boner still has me irked a bit.

Defense needs to pressure the QB more and secondary needs to play better.
    Hopefully Norton can make the proper adjustments to help his young defense.

The offense they use clears that area and spits the defense so a reciver or back can run and make the catch in stride and get YAC, not so different then what Walsh did with Rice and Taylor, the key is the LB's need to be where that reciever goes or the nickel, it's a timing route so getting pressure or also stiffing the right reciver on the release will snuff it out.

The proble is they line up with the same look all the time and switch up the go drag receiver.

The other issue is if you don't press and hold the LB's back Gurley has open gaps for them to take it on the ground. Good offense design, just have to adapt. Earl would have had to crash forward to stop it and that leaves over the top plays, Thompson did a good job.

The guy we missed was Wright and Kendricks in my opinion.

I seen a lot of good from the O line and our young receivers as well as the secondary.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:42 am
  • TwilightError wrote:Someone had a ”12’s Finland” -flag at the Clink! I saw it on TV.

That was a guy who posts on the UK Seahawk facebook page.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 am
  • Tough loss, but overall a pretty good game. The team is showing signs of coming together.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 am
  • seahawkfreak wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

Clock wasn't technically stopped though. The refs just hadn't blew the whistle yet.

I completely understand that the clock would be set to 25 seconds for the rams to run off before punting the ball, but I was perfectly ok with giving Wilson the ball with around a minute left and a timeout only needing a field goal to win the game. That distance, the likelihood of getting the first down was way too high. I literally got excited to see them put the punting team on the field with no timeouts left for them to make the switch. That excitement hit a brick wall as soon as I saw we'd called a timeout, then died completely when I saw the rams put their offense back on the field.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

I completely understand that the clock would be set to 25 seconds for the rams to run off before punting the ball, but I was perfectly ok with giving Wilson the ball with around a minute left and a timeout only needing a field goal to win the game. That distance, the likelihood of getting the first down was way too high. I literally got excited to see them put the punting team on the field with no timeouts left for them to make the switch. That excitement hit a brick wall as soon as I saw we'd called a timeout, then died completely when I saw the rams put their offense back on the field.

The problem was that the timeout wasn't taken immediately after the 3rd down play, before the measurement. Literally no reason to wait in that situation.
    purpleneer
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information