Rams vs Seahawks

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Almost...was gonna be tough to match offense drive after drive. Our d needed to make a few stops. The entire middle of the field was wide open...no pressure on the QB.. and wide open receivers. Offense played their best game of the year. The last drive sucked with the stupid penalties they took. Was a great game.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Not the game I expected at all. We grinded the hell out of the ball. Rams moved at will.

Honestly, I thought we would get taken behind the woodshed. Pleasantly surprised. If we are rebuilding, those are the games I can stomach. Effort all around.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":10s752em said:
Almost...was gonna be tough to match offense drive after drive. Our d needed to make a few stops. The entire middle of the field was wide open...no pressure on the QB.. and wide open receivers. Offense played their best game of the year. The last drive sucked with the stupid penalties they took. Was a great game.
I know the Defense had some issues, but still, we held them below their average passing AND rushing yards per game, and equaled their lowest point total this season. Held Gurley to his 2nd lowest rushing yards this season. Lots to build on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pass defense was awful. Not having Earl really hurt. Rams were getting yards after catch at will. With that said the Seahawks were in this game from the get go and should have won this game. 3 costly mistakes cost the Seahawks a potential win - 2 late penalties to take them out of FG range and a bad timeout call.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hxlez7v said:
Way better showing by our guys than I expected.

Was super cool to be in the game till the end.

Very disappointed in the finish.
Yep, impressed with the offense until the last drive (see penaltys) Play calling and execution were better than it’s been in a long time.
Pete’s time-out boner still has me irked a bit.

Defense needs to pressure the QB more and secondary needs to play better.
Hopefully Norton can make the proper adjustments to help his young defense.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Outstanding offensive performance all around. Very exciting game, lots of hope for the future and rest of the season. We now have an excellent 1-2 RB tandem and will run it down many defenses’ throats this year.

Pass rush needs help and some questionable clock/TO management by Pete, but all in all a strong game.

kf3339

Reaction score
I was also pleasantly surprised by our offensive showing pretty much the whole game. For a team going against what is thought to be the best defense in the league right now, we gave them all they could handle.

Still need work on our defense, but that's to be expected.

Overall, not a bad showing by our Hawks at all!

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I know several here do not like this offense. Pete has lost it. This style/philosophy is dated. It doesn’t work.

But, damn, I like it. I liked watching Suh and Donald get pushed around. We took it to them physically.

We were runnng over defenders.

IMO, this style still works. The team is 2-1 when running the ball, 0-2 when we throw more then run.

Keep it up!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That was an excellent game today. Really proud of our guys standing up to the bullies. They should all hold their heads up after this game.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Someone had a ”12’s Finland” -flag at the Clink! I saw it on TV.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":1d000e0n said:
I was thoroughly enjoying the game until Pete called the final timeout. I understand the logic behind it but I was scared of them going for it there and they had already put the punting team out there with no timeouts left to change their minds. I hate that it ended like that but overall I liked what I saw offensively. The 1-2 punch of Carson and Davis is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see is doing. Going forward this offensive game plan can win us some games. I’m actually excited to see what the offense can do if we stick to this philosophy each week

Clock wasn't technically stopped though. The refs just hadn't blew the whistle yet.

nutluck

Reaction score
Game was as close as I actually expected, granted I was expecting the Rams to win by around 3-4 points. I also expected both teams to score and less and both defeneses to be more effective. But honestly this is the seahawks team I have been expecting all year, little better on offense than I expected but a bit worse on defense then I expected.

All and all good fun game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jd57nbg said:
pmedic920":2jd57nbg said:
Way better showing by our guys than I expected.

Was super cool to be in the game till the end.

Very disappointed in the finish.
Yep, impressed with the offense until the last drive (see penaltys) Play calling and execution were better than it’s been in a long time.
Pete’s time-out boner still has me irked a bit.

Defense needs to pressure the QB more and secondary needs to play better.
Hopefully Norton can make the proper adjustments to help his young defense.

The offense they use clears that area and spits the defense so a reciver or back can run and make the catch in stride and get YAC, not so different then what Walsh did with Rice and Taylor, the key is the LB's need to be where that reciever goes or the nickel, it's a timing route so getting pressure or also stiffing the right reciver on the release will snuff it out.

The proble is they line up with the same look all the time and switch up the go drag receiver.

The other issue is if you don't press and hold the LB's back Gurley has open gaps for them to take it on the ground. Good offense design, just have to adapt. Earl would have had to crash forward to stop it and that leaves over the top plays, Thompson did a good job.

The guy we missed was Wright and Kendricks in my opinion.

I seen a lot of good from the O line and our young receivers as well as the secondary.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TwilightError":5mwtrwnk said:
Someone had a ”12’s Finland” -flag at the Clink! I saw it on TV.

That was a guy who posts on the UK Seahawk facebook page.

sutz

Reaction score
Tough loss, but overall a pretty good game. The team is showing signs of coming together.

kidhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ipm7qdm said:
kidhawk":3ipm7qdm said:

Clock wasn't technically stopped though. The refs just hadn't blew the whistle yet.

I completely understand that the clock would be set to 25 seconds for the rams to run off before punting the ball, but I was perfectly ok with giving Wilson the ball with around a minute left and a timeout only needing a field goal to win the game. That distance, the likelihood of getting the first down was way too high. I literally got excited to see them put the punting team on the field with no timeouts left for them to make the switch. That excitement hit a brick wall as soon as I saw we'd called a timeout, then died completely when I saw the rams put their offense back on the field.

purpleneer

Reaction score
kidhawk":r4v7dn1f said:
seahawkfreak":r4v7dn1f said:
kidhawk":r4v7dn1f said:

I completely understand that the clock would be set to 25 seconds for the rams to run off before punting the ball, but I was perfectly ok with giving Wilson the ball with around a minute left and a timeout only needing a field goal to win the game. That distance, the likelihood of getting the first down was way too high. I literally got excited to see them put the punting team on the field with no timeouts left for them to make the switch. That excitement hit a brick wall as soon as I saw we'd called a timeout, then died completely when I saw the rams put their offense back on the field.
The problem was that the timeout wasn't taken immediately after the 3rd down play, before the measurement. Literally no reason to wait in that situation.