Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

David Moore

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
David Moore
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:38 am
  • Based on what I saw yesterday I would say Marshall is out of a job. Moore appears to be a great redzone target. Not sure what is going on with Jaron Brown? He has been invisible.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Re: David Moore
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 am
  • Brown has had a couple of catches IIRC. Moore showed some flashes against the Lambs.

Marshall looks more and more like a wasted move.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:30 am
  • I identified our WR corp as the weakness on offense, in the first four games, only Lockett was serviceable. Marshall had hand issues, dropping a lot of balls; Baldwin was hurt, then invisible when played; Jaron Brown was also quite invisible, probably had problem getting open or separation.

We desperately need another WR to play with Lockett, hoping with positive development of Moore and recovery of Baldwin, we finally will have serviceable WR corp., the league need to watch out for the Hawks at that point. WIth our new running game, which is legit after the lambs game ... our more than serviceable OL .... we can surprise a lot of teams.
    Last edited by toffee on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 am
  • toffee wrote:I identified our WR corp as the weakness on offense, in the first four games, only Lockett was serviceable. Marshall had hand issues, dropping a lot of balls; Baldwin was hurt, then invincible when played; Jaron Brown was also quite invicible, probably had problem getting open or separation.

We desperately need another WR to play with Lockett, hoping with positive development of Moore and recovery of Baldwin, we finally will have serviceable WR corp., the league need to watch out for the Hawks at that point. WIth our new running game, which is legit after the lambs game ... our more than serviceable OL .... we can surprise a lot of teams.

I think you need to teach your spellchecker how to spell "invisible." ;)

Otherwise, pretty good analysis of the situation.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:49 am
  • sutz wrote:Marshall looks more and more like a wasted move.

Ugh. I hate to say you are right. I was SO pulling for him this year but he is done. Nothing personal, he's just an old stallion who needed to retire a year or two ago. We were all hoping he could have one last highlight reel in his twilight year but it's obvious he doesn't have much of anything left in the tank. Great story, great presence in the locker room (which may be the main reason we kept him) but as a factor on the field? Nope. Too bad.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:54 am
  • I don't really think we threw it enough that game to really judge any of the WR beyond our #1 & #2... To me Moore was just the lucky recipient of one of RW's scramble drills that pretty much always result in a little separation somewhere because the CB's simply cant cover that long. On his other touchdown, that poor CB wasn't even looking at him he wanted the interception inside so bad.

Needless to say, I always thought Marshall would be a very situational red zone type player - I think our FO just got a little too excited to start him the way they did so soon. I think he will settle down into a more consistent situational player. At this stage in his career I just don't think it's viable to expect #2 or even #3 type numbers from him.
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:01 am
  • sutz wrote:
    toffee wrote:I identified our WR corp as the weakness on offense, in the first four games, only Lockett was serviceable. Marshall had hand issues, dropping a lot of balls; Baldwin was hurt, then invincible when played; Jaron Brown was also quite invicible, probably had problem getting open or separation.

I think you need to teach your spellchecker how to spell "invisible." ;)

Otherwise, pretty good analysis of the situation.

You got me there!!!!

:)

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 am
  • Your weekly reminder that Wilson doesn't throw much. 24 attempts per game the last three games since Pete remembered the running game.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:56 am
  • This should've been Dez all along, if you're gonna take a flyer on a playmaker, go big. Marshall looks to just be a huge whiff...Moores been a pleasant surprise
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm
  • Moore has soft hands; he can be an explosive player. Like his potential. We dont throw it enough to drop them. It kills drives. Efficiency..........were finding ourselves.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:15 pm
  • I haven't given up on Brown yet but Moore has been a playmaker since training camp he deserves to start over Marshall. He should see the bench. Baldwin clearly is not healthy. Brown should be used in 4 receiver sets. I love his speed and he can make plays and has good size. I like our receiver corp.
    bighawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:19 pm
  • Moore caught 3 balls, and you people think he’s Antonio Brown all of a sudden?

Three catches is a BAD game for an elite receiver. Need to see a lot more, no pun intended.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:27 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:Moore caught 3 balls, and you people think he’s Antonio Brown all of a sudden?

Three catches is a BAD game for an elite receiver. Need to see a lot more, no pun intended.

But three catches is average for most receivers on this team.
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:32 pm
  • Two TDs...biggest game in his life....what's not to like about Moore...play him..he's a baller.
    xray
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:40 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:Moore caught 3 balls, and you people think he’s Antonio Brown all of a sudden?

In this Run Heavy outing, Moore had three targets, & three catches w/no drops, That's encouraging.
    I believe it's only a 'Bummer' if he's targeted more, but not hauling them in. :Dunno: correct?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 pm
  • Marshall could be dropped when Dickson comes back.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:23 pm
  • xray wrote:Two TDs...biggest game in his life....what's not to like about Moore...play him..he's a baller.

My thoughts exactly. I've been a fan of Moore's ever since he was drafted. I was able to dig some tape up on him last year from his college days. He was doninant at EOK. Small school, but his talents just popped on the tape. I read a good draft profile on him and that particular write-up had his comp as Anquan Boldin. Both 6’2” and in the 220-225 LB range. Big, strong hands. Physical receivers. It's weird, Moore doesn't look as big as he really is. I remember Pete said the same thing this off-season. I hope Moore builds on this game. I see a lot of promise there. If I can find the write-up I referred to, I'll post a link
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information