Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I dont understand the optimism after an "almost win"?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Yes, I get it, we hung with the best. Well, we still lost. There is no such thing as a moral victory in this sport. We didnt get spanked (I didnt expect to) but we did out-coached. 2 and 3 is not looking good. IMO, it's now safe to say that our draft picks were a swing and a miss! We already had a better back than Penny on the roster, and the love for Shaqeem sure has disappeared as quick as he came, our touted punter has bad kicks at the worst possible times too. Good teams find a way to win at the end, we used to, and the Rams do now. I
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

• SpokaneHawks wrote:We already had a better back than Penny on the roster

Yeah, one who has been constantly injured since high school.

We can't judge draft picks after five games. Not even first round picks, not when they're running backs.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• What is there to not understand? We showed hope and promise beyond what most people expected (especially on offense). Hope brings excitement and optimism, what is so hard to understand about that?

Also....How were we out coached when the Lambs have the clear better roster yet we were in it till the end and lead much of the game?
    Last edited by Seymour on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Because with all the warts, some that you listed, you can plainly see growth and what is to come. This team is no bottom feeder, cellar dweller. They are on the rise. The running game is back. That will allow Russ to be Russ again. The OL is showing a tenacity and toughness I haven't seen in years. The defense - while certainly no LOB Era - is full of young pups who are learning their way and I feel are going to be very, very good players.

Like I just watched on Good Morning Football, they said...

"Don't sleep on Seattle."

You're damn right. Even my girlfriend Kay Adams said something to the effect of how I feel which is why do I feel so good about Seattle after a loss?

Because you can see the beginning of what is to come. It's 2012 all over again.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I feel better about this team after yesterday's loss than I did after last week's win.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• SpokaneHawks wrote:Yes, I get it, we hung with the best. Well, we still lost. There is no such thing as a moral victory in this sport. We didnt get spanked (I didnt expect to) but we did out-coached. 2 and 3 is not looking good. IMO, it's now safe to say that our draft picks were a swing and a miss! We already had a better back than Penny on the roster, and the love for Shaqeem sure has disappeared as quick as he came, our touted punter has bad kicks at the worst possible times too. Good teams find a way to win at the end, we used to, and the Rams do now. I

There is a HUGE difference between being more optimistic and being happy. I wasn't happy after we lost, but I'm definitely a LOT more optimistic, because Pete is allowing the offense to be what it needs to be, and that's a strong running attack with some big plays in the passing game. We can't be a pass heavy offense. Having a rushing attack like we have will help our young defense and our offense all at the same time. Sure we lost, and it's not good for our season that we lost, but it also gives me hope, and as a fan, that's all you can expect.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I have been really down on this team, but this game made me more optimistic. Of course I would have preferred a win. This "almost win" shows me that the team is in more of a "re-load" than the "re-build" that I thought the team was in. I'm still not in love with what Pete and John have been doing over the last four or five seasons but the team looks like it has more talent on it than I had thought. Of course, the question is whether this team can build on this. Feeling better than I have all season about this team. But let's wait and see.
    seanmatt
    NET Rookie

• What a negative viewpoint!

The team was predicted to be as much as a two touchdown or more loser to the mighty Rams and were it not for two stupid OLine penalties from the weak right side of the OLine they were in position to kick a game winning FG. Vegas got burned again by the Seahawks and even the national commentary has varied as several talking heads were describing the Hawks being a good team again.

All things said a L is still a L no matter how close it was, but the team came with and executed a very solid game plan they scored 31 points, had over 180 yds of rushing O and were able to blunt an exceptionally strong O though LA was able to move it at times in a frustratingly adept fashion.

I disagree heartily with the ‘we got out coached’ commentary above. I thought this was the team’s best game all season and the best job coaching this year so far.

As to the draft pick negativity, it’s far too soon to write off this year’s draft and even so I disagree regardless. The extraordinarily small sample size makes it impossible makefair conclusions yet. Yes Penny hasn’t lit it up yet which is disappointing but I suspect Pete is not yet convinced he’s ready for a big number of touches and Carson and Davis are a good combo. I do think Prosise is done here, but think it’s foolish to think Shaquem Griffin is a wasted pick at all.

Do I like being 2-3 at this point? Nope! But I do think things are starting to look much better and if Wilson is freed to run a bit the O might explode along with steady improvement from the D.
    Last edited by jammerhawk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:I feel better about this team after yesterday's loss than I did after last week's win.

I feel the same way. Seeing the Offense rip through a very good Ram defense is a hugely encouraging sign. The D has a ways to go however. But I also think after getting clobbered 42-7 on our own field last year, keeping it close is a good step in the right direction. Anyone railing about how moral victories don't matter, should simply review our starting lineups and compare them to the 2014 team. We simply don't have the talent right now to make a Super Bowl run yet. Stop the freaking complaining.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

• Of course i'm optimistic, Seattle played the best team in the league and went punch to punch with them. There were positive things happening like the run game and Oline play. Much better outing barely losing to the Rams than last weeks showing against the worst team in the league even if it was a win.

My Debbie Downer moment though is I hope this wasnt a flash in the pan outing. Seattle always gets up for one game it seems (Pats in 16', Eagles last year) and I hope this wasnt it. If we thump the Raiders then i'll be ecstatic and feel the team is going in the right direction. I'll even heat up some crow for munching purposes. If they take a step backwards, then its probably as I feared.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• I don’t understand why you don’t understand.

We’re rebuilding/transition season

We’ve been struggling to find our identity.

Key injuries haven’t healed

Etc etc.

On paper we should have had our ass kicked. That didn’t happen.

Our O line especially impressed me. They held there own pretty dam good considering Donald/Suh are on the Rams D line.

Could go on because I saw lots of reasons to be optimistic.
    Not that I think we’ll kill it the rest of the season but I see/saw a lot of improvements.

For Me, that game was the epitome of reason to be optimistic.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• HawkFan72 wrote:I feel better about this team after yesterday's loss than I did after last week's win.

So, so, so true. Well put.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The optimism is because the roster was churned and expectations for this first year were low. They just hung with the likely NFC champ regardless of how ugly it was at times. Lot of guys on defense starting who have only been depth or playing because of injuries. Team showed considerably more life than in the previous two wins. A .500ish season with consistent growth and an offseason adding more pieces (pass rush specifically) should put them back into the playoff hunt IMO.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Optimism is born out of low expectations.

If you think you're gonna get killed 42-7, and you have a chance to win at the end..........voila, optimism.

But yes, there's no such thing as moral victories in the NFL. This is a game the Hawks had to have if they wanted any part of a division race, and lost.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

What he said. Also because there are 10 more games against teams worse than the Rams and I feel this team has a good chance of winning a bunch of them.
    Russell has some stats that aren't Superb? Ow! Love his balls anyways!

SC
    StoneCold
    NET Veteran

• My opinion is reserved until the London game. If we play similarly vs. the Raiders, and thus a win, then I'll feel more confident.
    TreeRon
    NET Rookie

• At least they were not blown out.

Nobody expected them to win. They didn't.

So we haven't gained anything or lost anything.

We have games against the Raiders, Lions and Chargers that determine this team's fate. We need to win all three or at least one of the 49er games.

However, we had the ball with the opportunity to win it and Carroll again, was playing for the long FG. After we did that crap we deserved to lose it.

It was a good game but it changed nothing.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Optimism is born out of low expectations.

If you think you're gonna get killed 42-7, and you have a chance to win at the end..........voila, optimism.

But yes, there's no such thing as moral victories in the NFL. This is a game the Hawks had to have if they wanted any part of a division race, and lost.

There are plenty of moral victories in the NFL... especially if it gives the team the optimism and confidence to win games down the road, and the coaching staff much needed rhythm in their schemes and play calling.

Sure, the division race, which was never really an expectation, is gone. But today's efforts make for more confidence heading into the next few weeks.

You can focus on the loss, or focus on the next game.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Optimism is born out of low expectations.

There are plenty of moral victories in the NFL... especially if it gives the team the optimism and confidence to win games down the road, and the coaching staff much needed rhythm in their schemes and play calling.

Sure, the division race, which was never really an expectation, is gone. But today's efforts make for more confidence heading into the next few weeks.

I and every coach and player on the roster disagrees with you...............there is no such thing as moral victories in pro sports, especially for an organization that aspires to be one of the best in the league. This isn't Cleveland.

We can use other words like optimism, encouraged, etc. But any phrase with the word "victory" when you lose in a professional sport is inaccurate and is never used by the people who coach and play the game. You either win, or you lose, and we lost.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• And I'm a little tired of the old "optimism" vs "realism" debate. Those are NOT mutually exclusive points of view.

Frankly, I think a "realistic" point of view would acknowledge where we played well, regardless of final score.

I certainly see most of the "optimists" around here, including myself, acknowledging that yes, improvements need to be made. As a fan, though, I just can't fall into that "we lost therefore we suck" mindset.

I mean, do people really think that every team in the league is gonna lay a 30 burger on us? After Sunday, I don't think so.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:And I'm a little tired of the old "optimism" vs "realism" debate. Those are NOT mutually exclusive points of view.

Frankly, I think a "realistic" point of view would acknowledge where we played well, regardless of final score.

I certainly see most of the "optimists" around here, including myself, acknowledging that yes, improvements need to be made. As a fan, though, I just can't fall into that "we lost therefore we suck" mindset.

I mean, do people really think that every team in the league is gonna lay a 30 burger on us? After Sunday, I don't think so.

I agree 100%. It's entirely possible (I'd say even likely) that a person can be both unhappy that we lost and optimistic about the team. One really has little to do with the other.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    sutz wrote:And I'm a little tired of the old "optimism" vs "realism" debate. Those are NOT mutually exclusive points of view.

I agree 100%. It's entirely possible (I'd say even likely) that a person can be both unhappy that we lost and optimistic about the team. One really has little to do with the other.

Zactly.
    :{)
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Optimism is born out of low expectations.

I and every coach and player on the roster disagrees with you...............there is no such thing as moral victories in pro sports, especially for an organization that aspires to be one of the best in the league. This isn't Cleveland.

We can use other words like optimism, encouraged, etc. But any phrase with the word "victory" when you lose in a professional sport is inaccurate and is never used by the people who coach and play the game. You either win, or you lose, and we lost.

If you think of "I wanted to see the team growing towards imminent competition" is a low expectation, then I suppose you're right.

But low expectations were warranted here, Sarge. We offloaded a lot of talent this offseason.

So I do not begrudge anyone feeling good. I feel good myself. We win that game with KJ Wright on the field.
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

YES - agree 100%

Before this season I was cautiously optimistic on the result for the season, but sure that we would now start to play a winning style of football

After the first two games I was so low. The product sucked, the playcalling was even worse. There was so much crap there that the wins / losses barely mattered.

Then they won two games and still they looked AWFUL against Arizona. One of the worst teams in the league...…. It was like we changed out Cable and Bevell and it got worse.

Then yesterday happened. Playcalling was mixed up, running game was back, play action led to wide open receivers (all the things we had said for years) and the draw plays were creative and it was FUN to watch

Seattle Seahawks went out on the field and was part of one of the most entertaining games of the year in the league. This is a team that has been part of the worst games of the year up until now.

So in my mind I see a team that will start playing fun football and it will become winning football. There is no better combination.

I still think we can compete for a wildcard but don't really care. This is a contender for the next season and that is all I hoped for before the season
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    So I do not begrudge anyone feeling good. I feel good myself.

I feel good, I just don't like the phrase "moral victory."

That's what fans in loserville places like Cleveland and Buffalo say, and IMO we're better than that.

This is a rebuild year, and so I'm fine with being encouraged or optimistic with staying competitive with arguably the best team in our conference and division.

- run game looked FANTASTIC
    - Russell played really well
    - Lockett and Moore, awesome
    - O-line run blocking, fantastic

Just don't use the term moral victory.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Just don't use the term moral victory.

Noted. ;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

That's what fans in loserville places like Cleveland and Buffalo say, and IMO we're better than that.

This is a rebuild year, and so I'm fine with being encouraged or optimistic with staying competitive with arguably the best team in our conference and division.

We were victorious, morally. :3-1:
    “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”

- Henry David Thoreau
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Just don't use the term moral victory.

Noted. ;)

Can I get a copy of this for my file?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Can I get a copy of this for my file?

Only after you submit your TPS report.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The Hawks looked better than expected ; but can they string together 2 or 3 good performances in a row . They have to be consistent to convince me. The fact remains it was a loss.
    xray
    NET Rookie

• xray wrote:The Hawks looked better than expected ; but can they string together 2 or 3 good performances in a row . They have to be consistent to convince me. The fact remains it was a loss.

I'm sure we are all on pins and needles awaiting you to become convinced. :roll: :sarcasm_off:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    There is a HUGE difference between being more optimistic and being happy. I wasn't happy after we lost, but I'm definitely a LOT more optimistic, because Pete is allowing the offense to be what it needs to be, and that's a strong running attack with some big plays in the passing game. We can't be a pass heavy offense. Having a rushing attack like we have will help our young defense and our offense all at the same time. Sure we lost, and it's not good for our season that we lost, but it also gives me hope, and as a fan, that's all you can expect.

This. I really thought we were going to get blown out by the Rams. I almost didn't watch the game but thought to myself "that's giving up". Russ was decisive for the majority of the game when passing. Both Carson and Davis were getting some hard yardage out there that set up the PA stuff rather well. While we still need to work on penalties and Dickson's drop kicks, I think overall we are trending up.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Can I get a copy of this for my file?

I'll have my people call your people and we'll get this buttoned up.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Can I get a copy of this for my file?

I'll have my people call your people and we'll get this buttoned up.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• | was just a happy that the Hawks put up the best game of the year...regardless of the loss. Rams are super bowl contender. We are not the team of old...far from it. We have a group of young guys that gave it their all yesterday and almost pulled out a win vs a superior team. There were way more positives out of this loss than negatives. Not sure why fans don't see it. IMO it was the most entertaining game to watch in a long time. The young guys on the team gained a lot of confidence in this one.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I'd be much happier with this performance if we didn't have a long history of failing to build on good games. Remember last year when we looked amazing against the Eagles and then went 1-3 afterwards?
    ducks41468
    NET Starter

• ducks41468 wrote:I'd be much happier with this performance if we didn't have a long history of failing to build on good games. Remember last year when we looked amazing against the Eagles and then went 1-3 afterwards?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for Wilson to show up in London and stand there for five seconds holding the ball again. That, specifically, is what happens every time we have a "letdown" game afterwards.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Cyrus12 wrote:| was just a happy that the Hawks put up the best game of the year...regardless of the loss. Rams are super bowl contender. We are not the team of old...far from it. We have a group of young guys that gave it their all yesterday and almost pulled out a win vs a superior team. There were way more positives out of this loss than negatives. Not sure why fans don't see it. IMO it was the most entertaining game to watch in a long time. The young guys on the team gained a lot of confidence in this one.

So very true. What a great learning game for the young'ins. The Seahawks gave it their all and yes while we can debate the final 2 minutes of the game until the cows come home, it was a tremendous effort by a team that is "rebooting".

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Because with all the warts, some that you listed, you can plainly see growth and what is to come. This team is no bottom feeder, cellar dweller. They are on the rise. The running game is back. That will allow Russ to be Russ again. The OL is showing a tenacity and toughness I haven't seen in years. The defense - while certainly no LOB Era - is full of young pups who are learning their way and I feel are going to be very, very good players.

Like I just watched on Good Morning Football, they said...

"Don't sleep on Seattle."

You're damn right. Even my girlfriend Kay Adams said something to the effect of how I feel which is why do I feel so good about Seattle after a loss?

Because you can see the beginning of what is to come. It's 2012 all over again.

2012? I’d say more like 2010.

This is a team clearly in transition, not uptrending, and that’s ON the field. On the sidelines is a whole different story. PC’s terrible game management issues cost us again, and schematicly speaking, we’ve become dinosaurs on both sides of the ball.

Now, offensively, we played pretty damn good yesterday. For once, we didn’t allow Aaron Donald to single handedly destroy our offense, which was nice to see. We got into 3rd and manageables and converted them. However, when we were in obvious passing situations, we did struggle, per usual. My worst fears about BS have been confirmed; this offense isn’t on par with the rest of the league.

Same with the defense. The scheme is stale and predictable, with a lot less talent than we’ve had in the past. We got destroyed on the intermediate routes all day. The Rams lost their top two receivers in the second half, but we couldn’t even force a punt! They executed without skipping a beat.

I feel like the league is passing us by, and that the changes we made this past offseason weren’t enough. Unless Pete is willing to give up some power, and I doubt he would, then it’s time to move on for him, for the betterment of the franchise, and bring in an innovative offensive mind to take back what we’ve lost.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• The problem with run-oriented offense was perfectly illustrated yesterday.

You do not have the time to come back and you won't get any help.

Most of the rule changes in football have been created to create more offense. Specifically, to benefit the QB at the expense of the defense.

A penalty in pass play can literally shift the field. While a penalty against is still surmountable. 1st and 20 can easily be turned into 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8 with a decent passing offense.

A holding penalty in a passing offense can create a problem.

Meanwhile, 1st and 20 with a run game as the focus is near insurmountable. A holding penalty with a run offense can literally shift you into low to no chance of conversion.

I get the allure. With the need to shut down the QB, defenses are turning lighter and faster - which makes the run game that much easier. But if your bread and butter is the run game, you are going to lose a lot of games down by a single TD because you will not have time to come back.

Still, at least they were able to score some points on offense. We will see if this past game was an outlier or a start of a trend. We have 3 games to figure it out.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks looked much improved in some areas but it's still a loss. If they can string together some games like this than I will have more faith but they are so up and down its hard to get excited.
    xray
    NET Rookie

• Seymour wrote:
    xray wrote:The Hawks looked better than expected ; but can they string together 2 or 3 good performances in a row . They have to be consistent to convince me. The fact remains it was a loss.

I'm sure we are all on pins and needles awaiting you to become convinced. :roll: :sarcasm_off:

And I live and breathe by your bs posts :stirthepot:
    xray
    NET Rookie

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

The only people that have used the term moral victory in this thread are you and the OP. None of the people that are posting why they see reasons for optimism have said anything about a moral victory.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• The answer to what kind of team the Seahawks are now is probably clear.

They looked very bad last week against a terrible team - and won. So they likely are not terrible.

They looked very good this week against a great team - and lost. So they likely are not great.

This is what a 7-9 team looks like.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:The problem with run-oriented offense was perfectly illustrated yesterday.

You do not have the time to come back and you won't get any help.

Most of the rule changes in football have been created to create more offense. Specifically, to benefit the QB at the expense of the defense.

A penalty in pass play can literally shift the field. While a penalty against is still surmountable. 1st and 20 can easily be turned into 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 8 with a decent passing offense.

A holding penalty in a passing offense can create a problem.

Meanwhile, 1st and 20 with a run game as the focus is near insurmountable. A holding penalty with a run offense can literally shift you into low to no chance of conversion.

I get the allure. With the need to shut down the QB, defenses are turning lighter and faster - which makes the run game that much easier. But if your bread and butter is the run game, you are going to lose a lot of games down by a single TD because you will not have time to come back.

Still, at least they were able to score some points on offense. We will see if this past game was an outlier or a start of a trend. We have 3 games to figure it out.

In a larger way, this is what happens when you try to draw games down to a single possession and your team talent and coaching can't get you over the hump. With previous iterations of Seahawks, games where you hit heads 3/4 or 7/8 times on a coinflip wasn't beyond reason. Losing games at the margins on variance over and over is a sign of a less talented, less well coached team.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:This is what a 7-9 team looks like.

And what a 11-5 team looks like, too, especially after a loss.
    NET Veteran

• Is it bad that I expect this team to compete for the playoffs every year RW is the QB?

We had a chance to steal a game from the up and coming NFC powerhouse and came up just short. I actually feel pretty good about the game and am really encouraged about the OL. It just sucks because we'd be one game back in the division and who knows what happens to the Rams? They probably win 12-14 games, but they might not.

I'd feel much better about this loss if we could have won one of those first two games. I'd be really happy if we were 3-2 either way. 2-3 is teetering on the edge of contention.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• 11-5? That is funny.

This team isn't going to be 11-5.

Most of the Hawks fans know it too. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a ton of people optimistic after losing by a little to a much better team. We aren't making the playoffs so at least playing somewhat competitively with a much better team is what we have to hang our hats on.

11-5 isn't happening. That is laughable.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• This game very much felt like the Rams Seahawks games during the Jeff Fisher era. Only the roles were reversed.

This game reminded me of the Monday Nighter in St. Louis the year you guys won it all - divisional road game, your strongest unit played pretty well, our strongest unit played pretty well (defense for both in 2012, offense for both yesterday).

But I get being encouraged by an "almost win" - wins and losses are fluid. How teams play is more telling.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

The only people that have used the term moral victory in this thread are you and the OP. None of the people that are posting why they see reasons for optimism have said anything about a moral victory.

And the 3-4 people arguing with me, like you, and in another thread in the shack.

But other than all those people, you're right.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Next

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information