4th down PI call on Griffin

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I was raging when this happened so i missed the replays. Was it a ticky tacky call or does Griffin have manure for brains?

kidhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3r7h80vl said:
I was raging when this happened so i missed the replays. Was it a ticky tacky call or does Griffin have manure for brains?

It was just poor timing on his part. He hit the receiver pretty hard just before the ball got there.

toffee

Reaction score
I was surprised by Ram's decision to throw to WR covered Griffin, instead of WR covered by Tre Flowers. You would think they picked on the rookie? Tre is holding his fort at this point of the season, IMO, Griffin is behind in his breaking out season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It was a legit call. I didn't even think it was close watching it live and the replay confirmed it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The hold on Fluker was the ticky-tack, back-breaking call.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
It was a great play by Griffin...just a bit too early.

It was a good call. Clear PI.

Too bad, because he made a great break on the play and hit the receiver perfectly. Just too early.

mikeak

Reaction score
nanomoz":2znorpet said:
The hold on Fluker was the ticky-tack, back-breaking call.

While I agree 100% go back and look at one or two plays prior which is the deep pass to Lockette

Major holding going on. Like blatant

I am convinced the later holding call was a make-up call

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Makeup call for sure. Damn.

pmedic920

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2ev75mw3 said:

I didn’t like it either until I saw the replay.

Well I didn’t like then either but it wasn’t a bad call. He was early.

quadsas

Reaction score
was an obvious foul. what a stupid decision by Shaq, all he had to do was stick his arm out and its TOD

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
quadsas":6nbnsa8x said:
was an obvious foul. what a stupid decision by Shaq, all he had to do was stick his arm out and its TOD

Don’t know that I would call it stupid. His timing was just off. In that situation he’s seeing the ball on its way and the WR and goes for the big hit. A split second was the difference.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
But was it a catchable ball, I didn't think so, but nobody brought that up and they just showed the hit that was early.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
It was one of a few perfectly timed bonehead penalties that cost us this game. A learning curve for some of the new guys. Coaches included.

mikeak

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3d6ub4s8 said:
But was it a catchable ball, I didn't think so, but nobody brought that up and they just showed the hit that was early.

I looked at it and it was hard to tell on the TV

It was close enough that the PI is correct. If the player isn’t falling down then I think the ball is within reach. He is falling down because he got hit in the back

quadsas

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":lq7g5el5 said:
quadsas":lq7g5el5 said:

Don’t know that I would call it stupid. His timing was just off. In that situation he’s seeing the ball on its way and the WR and goes for the big hit. A split second was the difference.

he was way early, I dont know how some of you think it was a ticky tack foul, clear day, truly a boneheaded play that had a 7 point swing in the game

xray

Reaction score
The Griffin hit was plenty early...didn't need slo-mo replay to see that.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't get how this is even a discussion?? He was clearly early, it was clearly a penalty, and he clearly made a bad play on the WR. :idea:

adeltaY

Reaction score
It was a backbreaking penalty, honestly. Goff threw a poor ball too and it would've taken a spectacular effort by Woods to catch it, especially if Griff drove on the ball instead of the receiver and met Woods while he was trying to catch it. I highly doubt Woods would've been able to corral it.

Gurley walked into the endzone untouched a few plays later.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It was way early, I called it the PI as the refs did. Annoyed the hell outta me cause Shaq clearly read it early and could've broke on the ball or just timed it better but the adrenaline was pumping and he was excited that he had it sniffed out, just a bad play on what could've been a huge play for the defense.