Did Yesterdays Loss Change Your Opinion?

Did Yesterdays Loss Change Your Opinion?

• Nope. They are who we thought they were.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • A little. They looked good. Overall I am impressed with the progress.

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • A little. I thought we would be above 500 by now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! This team is definitely trending up!

Votes: 23 31.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How do you feel after this loss? How did the game change your opinion on this team, or did it?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Absolutely!, The Run Game is finally showing some real promise.
Not seeing much (YET) in the way of praise for the Offensive production in this game, It afforded the necessary time for the Defense to get some rest.

Hopefully, the Offense will be able to CONTINUE progressing, a lot fewer three & outs eh?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Torn between to answers...feeling like a fool. I figured after the win at Az, they were starting to trend towards a decent team. This weekend pretty much solidifies that fact that they are who I (eye) thought they were. Starting to get their feet wet and maybe swim a couple of laps. The next couple football weeks will show the trend. *Detroit is trending upward too.

* Disclaimer...With the help of the zebras.

toffee

Reaction score
The team is processing upward, just compare the first two games to the last two. I didn't expect them to play at this level til mid season, so they are ahead of schedule.

This is a reloading team, there will be ups and downs, more like two steps ahead, one step back ... I expect lots of growing pain and frustration. But am happy with our progress, happy with coaching and young Tre Flowers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
After yesterday's game, I'm 65% encouraged and 35% discouraged.

Great to see the O-line and run game continue to come together with Fluker, as IMO it really plays into what Russell does well.

Discouraged with the defense's continued inability to tackle and more importantly the D-line's inability to rush the passer. Other than Clark, we have literally no one that can put pressure on the QB.

So change my opinion about how I felt after last week's game? Yes, a little. But we'll see if the offense can sustain the run game, and see if the defense can fix some of these issue.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
2018 was always going to be a non-playoff season, but I was expecting it to look more like 2010. This looks closer to late 2011.

Sac

Reaction score
Considering I was confident this team would lost one million and change to a negative number, yes I'm impressed with the progress.

It didn't seem like it a couple weeks ago, but this looks like a game, even in a loss, that could boost the team's confidence and propel them into the post season. It might suddenly get harder and harder to bet against the Seahawks.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I thought they were going to lose and never thought they would win, but i'm happy they played as well as they did
. Need to see next week before I make a real decision.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Not me, our offense still,looks old and stale compared to every other team ... And our d couldn't get 1 stop all game... We win if we force even 2 punts..... Still a long way to go

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Before the game many thought the Rams were the best team in the NFC, if not the NFL.

Everyone was predicting a blow out. And, if the Hawks were blown out as many had predicted, the negative Nancy’s would be all over .net.

So, let’s be real. Yes, the team is trending up.

mrt144

Reaction score
Not really - a team that will let a game within grasp slip through their fingers? Seems about right.

THE TABS

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3o3xsdt1 said:
I didn’t think we were gonna win....until we almost did. Only to end up losing in the Seahawkiest, Pete carrol way.

We just better not play down to Chuckys Raiders next week in London.
But we probably will.

Go Hawks.

This isn’t a playoff contending team; therefore, it’s not good enough to “play down” to anybody. We’re as close to the bottom as we are to the top.

Mediocrity personified.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I voted they are who we thought they were. Typical Pete in that he extends the preseason into the first few regular season games while tweaking the roster and playing time. By seasons end most of the fan base will be hyper excited for next year. Rebuilding or reloading, it’s a fun year without the stress of meeting high expectations.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
This loss was a better showing than any of the two wins.

The team is what it is - trying to rebuild but with the same head coach on the sidelines so...not really going to happen until it happens.

The O-Line is looking much improved which enables Wilson to play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He still seems a half-step slower out there. Not sure if that's due to a nagging injury, extra weight, or?

Run game is much improves as well.

Defense is pretty solid. Look, Rams are the offensive powerhouse this season so I didn't expect us to limit them to a couple touchdowns. Just not going to happen. This isn't 2012 and the Rams are superior to us at just about every position even with some critical receiver injuries.

All in all a good showing. It's the new era for the Seahawks when fans take a loss and go "Hey, not bad."

Hopefully that'll change after another season or two and we can be right to demand superior performances game in and game out.

We shall see.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Ambrose83":34yi6zci said:
Not me, our offense still,looks old and stale compared to every other team ... And our d couldn't get 1 stop all game... We win if we force even 2 punts..... Still a long way to go

Yea we did. We forced the Rams into only their third 3 and out so far this season.

jeremiah

Reaction score
semiahmoo":m6exuoz4 said:
This loss was a better showing than any of the two wins.

The team is what it is - trying to rebuild but with the same head coach on the sidelines so...not really going to happen until it happens.

The O-Line is looking much improved which enables Wilson to play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He still seems a half-step slower out there. Not sure if that's due to a nagging injury, extra weight, or?

Run game is much improves as well.

Defense is pretty solid. Look, Rams are the offensive powerhouse this season so I didn't expect us to limit them to a couple touchdowns. Just not going to happen. This isn't 2012 and the Rams are superior to us at just about every position even with some critical receiver injuries.

All in all a good showing. It's the new era for the Seahawks when fans take a loss and go "Hey, not bad."

Hopefully that'll change after another season or two and we can be right to demand superior performances game in and game out.

We shall see.

RW looks really slow, not just a little. He has lost his mojo IMO. A QB like him is worthless without the legs, it is time to trade him in the offseason or start talks now.

soje

Reaction score
The sickening thing about this team is how much we play down to our opponent. If our offense had played like they did yesterday since the beginning of the season we'd be 4-1 by now.

Having said that, this team is better than I thought at the beginning of the season. I thought the Seahawks to be a 4-12 or 5-11 (at best) team. To be honest, if they had drafted anything else other than a RB in the 1st round (OL, DL, LB, DB, WR, almost anything), I dare say we'd have a chance to make the playoffs.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jeremiah":1gi7v7ld said:
RW looks really slow, not just a little.

I have been hearing through the radio waves that Russ is dealing with a hammy. Anyone else know anything? As for your trade comment I will respectfully offer this:

:pukeface:

hawks85

Reaction score
For those saying they are still not impressed with how the offense is improving. Are you kidding me we almost ran for 200 yards yesterday what more do you want. The offense isn't looking stale compared to the other teams. The problem some people are having is they wanna see that fancy offense stuff like jon grudens offense. Not me I'm very happy with what we got. Playing good D and running the ball. No one is going to contain that Rams offense they are powerhouses. So they put up 460 yards on us so what. They did the same thing to the other 4 teams they played. Matter of fact they dropped 550 plus yards on that so called vaunted Vikings D. So I think we are doing fine. Once we get settled in round 2 we will punch them in the mouth.