Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Shaquem Griffin: Your Best Never Comes Easy

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5173
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Shaquem is a rookie, he is going though the learning process. I am less than joyful about his brother's performance so far ... kind of expecting more.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1337
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • I though Quil did fine, well OK anyway, the Rams WRs eat a lot of CBs lunches with all the motion misdirection and crossing routes. I ‘d bet he will be much stronger against the Rams next game. He took some chances that his coaches will want to talk to him about but like a few of his team mates he’s had a 2 int. game this year.

    I don’t think Quem is practicing as well as he could and thus isn’t getting PT except on ST, he was solid in PS and showed good instincts so I have hope for him as the team sorts out who plays where.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5476
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • Everyone on defense made some errors, really sloppy football combined with some big plays. It was a crazy game.

    Quem isn't good enough right now but it really is a new position for him. He needs to perfect his play on STs.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5877
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • I had big hopes for him and I think he can improve...if not he may have been just a sentimental draft pick...a good storyline.
    User avatar
    xray
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • He's about what I thought he would be when we drafted him and thats invisible. More of a feel good pick than actual quality in my opinion.
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1145
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


  • Just think he needs to let the game come to him more then trying to force himself into the game, has the speed and skills. I am still of the mind he could be a good SS for us.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25429
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • pittpnthrs wrote:He's about what I thought he would be when we drafted him and thats invisible. More of a feel good pick than actual quality in my opinion.


    Well that is great news you are feeling good about the pick then! :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:Just think he needs to let the game come to him more then trying to force himself into the game, has the speed and skills. I am still of the mind he could be a good SS for us.


    Wouldn't he be a liability at SS? I thought one of his weakness coming out of college was his ability to drop back into coverage.
    User avatar
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 692
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Just think he needs to let the game come to him more then trying to force himself into the game, has the speed and skills. I am still of the mind he could be a good SS for us.


    Wouldn't he be a liability at SS? I thought one of his weakness coming out of college was his ability to drop back into coverage.

    As a CB maybe but I read where he had good coverage skills not great, also he would be on TE,s a lot not WR unless they make the mistake of crossing the middle.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25429
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Seymour wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:He's about what I thought he would be when we drafted him and thats invisible. More of a feel good pick than actual quality in my opinion.


    Well that is great news you are feeling good about the pick then! :2thumbs:


    Image
    User avatar
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1145
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am


  • It would be nice to try him out in pass rushing situations. I mean, why not? Our pass rush is non existent so far this year.
    hawks85 wrote:Seattle played like crap today. It’s over 5-6.
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2578
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • I always viewed him as a Deon Buchanon hybrid type. Somebody that could play coverage on TE's in a big nickel or blitz from the weakside. Never viewed him as a 3 down LB. Not big enough to stuff the run unless you put him in as a SS in short yardage situations.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 645
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


  • Fans love Shaqueem because he has had success with what some would perceive as a disability. Truth is, he's not that good. Fast is only one part of being an athlete. You've got to have speed, strength, football IQ, and desire. Shaqueem probably has most of that and time will tell if he develops the rest. All I know for sure was he had the opportunity to start and he failed miserably, as a matter of fact he was benched and hasn't really seen the field since! That is a clear sign that the coaches weren't impressed regardless of what they say to the media.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 354
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:55 am


  • He's a 5th rd pick who is currently playing well on special teams and is not ready to be a starter. Is it really fair to expect anything more from 5th rounder? He played great in pre season, well enough to get the start in week1, but clearly wasn't ready for that yet, but that doesn't mean he cant eventually live up to what he showed in pre season.
    T-Hawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 97
    Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 pm


  • To be fair very few 5th rounders ever start in the league often providing depth and ST play. Which is where Griffin is firmly entrenched. He's actually perfectly sized to become a ST star. Just needs to get used to the speed of the game and the film study. I really think its laughable when people are concerned about a 5th rounder not starting right off the bat.

    There are some players that figure out the game on day 1. Some players take a year. Some never figure it out. That's why they always say you can't judge a draft until year 3. Yet here we are already casting judgement on Griffin and Penny. Just like we cast judgement on Britt, Ifedi, Sweezy, and likely others that failed to have great first year seasons.

    ou can't draft 7 starters and 3 all pros every year. If you get one or two solid starters and a prowler out of a draft, you've usually done well.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 645
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


  • I really want to see the kid get some action on passing downs as a nickle backer...
    Image
    User avatar
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 194
    Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm


  • FinNasty wrote:I really want to see the kid get some action on passing downs as a nickle backer...


    This
    Elemas
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 77
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:02 pm


  • T-Hawk wrote:He's a 5th rd pick who is currently playing well on special teams and is not ready to be a starter. Is it really fair to expect anything more from 5th rounder? He played great in pre season, well enough to get the start in week1, but clearly wasn't ready for that yet, but that doesn't mean he cant eventually live up to what he showed in pre season.
    This


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1337
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Did he get any snaps on defense his week?
    Image
    User avatar
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 194
    Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm


  • He was in on one of the strip-sacks. I believe he was escorting Martin toward the EZ while whistles were blowing.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1978
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Ad Hawk wrote:He was in on one of the strip-sacks. I believe he was escorting Martin toward the EZ while whistles were blowing.


    Oh ya? He got on the field? How did he do?
    Image
    User avatar
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 194
    Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:42 pm




It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online