Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Back to back penalty's on last drive the nail in the coffin.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • That "hold" on Fluker was an especially marginal call.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2154
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


  • We got away with quite a bit of holding...Of course they decide to call it on us on the most crucial drive.
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.

    That last penalty was warranted, as was the Fluker hold. I saw some jersey being stretched, refs will call that. The last penalty was the penalty that was most warranted however. The game clock was at zero and the ball still had not been snapped. Ifedi saw that the clock was at zero thus he started to move. If Ifedi wouldn't have moved it would have been a delay of game, so it was a penalty either way.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2706
    Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:31 am


  • Honestly, I think the nail in the coffin was Dickson's punt to the 20. I've said it before, had he dropped it inside the 5 this game would have been a W.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

    Image
    User avatar
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2689
    Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:26 am


  • Fluker was fine on the play until he didn’t let go of the Rams player’s jersey as he was moving away from him.
    It was a hold, and unfortunately a good call. Crappy timing.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24099
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Hey ; the Hawks have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL for years. even the worst a few times...don't blame the officiating . The Hawks need to stop the bone head penalties at the worst times. I don't know why Carroll hasn't addressed this problem more ...its been a real pain in the azz under his watch. GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    xray
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 am
    Location: AZ


  • The nail in the coffin was failing to stop the Rams on any drive after the first quarter.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1978
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • I think Gurley's 3 TDs played a roll.
    Image

    "Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 12936
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Allowing 10 YPA to Goff was pretty bad too.

    Just rewatched the game and as bad ass as the seahawks offense was, the Rams were actually just gliding down the field on offense. Defense got out schemed badly and the Rams OL dominated them on the goal line
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • The funny thing about penalties is that teams are always convinced their teams are unfairly penalized. Case in point, after this very game, I saw...

    A comment from a Seahawks fan complaining about unfair officiating saying something like ...
    "Yeah, the Rams got a lot of calls that went their way. Case in point, penalties killed our last drive. Honestly, this is to be expected. It's pretty obvious they wanted the Rams to win .The NFL desperately needs a Los Angeles team to succeed. Attendance isn't great, so the league is going to give them a push. Relocating a franchise is a big risk, they league can't have that fail."

    A comment from a Rams fan complaining about unfair officiating saying something like ...
    "A lot of calls went the Seahawks way. For example, they reversed two Todd Gurley touchdowns; despite stepping out of bounds (clear as day on replay), David Moore's TD still stood, even after the automatic review. Honestly, this is to be expected. It's pretty obvious they wanted the Seahawks to win. Seattle is one of the only marketable teams in the region. All of Washington, and large parts of Oregon, Idaho, and Montana root for this team. The league is trying to extend their window, because they are one of the most popular teams over the last 5 years."

    I'm not making this up. Two fans basically arguing that the league has an agenda the other team.

    Basically, stop arguing about the refs. Or at least, complain about bad calls, but stop with this nonsense that refs have an agenda. It is a bad look. You can make up a narrative to fit the refs lobbying for either team. It's just delusional.
    User avatar
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 286
    Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 pm


  • JimmyG wrote:The funny thing about penalties is that teams are always convinced their teams are unfairly penalized. Case in point, after this very game, I saw...

    A comment from a Seahawks fan complaining about unfair officiating saying something like ...
    "Yeah, the Rams got a lot of calls that went their way. Case in point, penalties killed our last drive. Honestly, this is to be expected. It's pretty obvious they wanted the Rams to win .The NFL desperately needs a Los Angeles team to succeed. Attendance isn't great, so the league is going to give them a push. Relocating a franchise is a big risk, they league can't have that fail."

    A comment from a Rams fan complaining about unfair officiating saying something like ...
    "A lot of calls went the Seahawks way. For example, they reversed two Todd Gurley touchdowns; despite stepping out of bounds (clear as day on replay), David Moore's TD still stood, even after the automatic review. Honestly, this is to be expected. It's pretty obvious they wanted the Seahawks to win. Seattle is one of the only marketable teams in the region. All of Washington, and large parts of Oregon, Idaho, and Montana root for this team. The league is trying to extend their window, because they are one of the most popular teams over the last 5 years."

    I'm not making this up. Two fans basically arguing that the league has an agenda the other team.

    Basically, stop arguing about the refs. Or at least, complain about bad calls, but stop with this nonsense that refs have an agenda. It is a bad look. You can make up a narrative to fit the refs lobbying for either team. It's just delusional.


    Seattle will get rid of the inferiority complex when we win back to back titles in every major sport and the WNBA in 2020 and 2021 ;)

    Even then, there will be a few who are like "The sports media isn't properly kissing our butts enough! AGENDA!"
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3310
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


  • Jimmy G hit the nail on the head. Let's stop with the persecution complex nonsense.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • rcaido wrote:We got away with quite a bit of holding...Of course they decide to call it on us on the most crucial drive.



    This. I’d say there were misses on both sides.
    User avatar
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 88
    Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 pm


  • Can't blame the refs for doing their job. Both calls were correct. Every call that was shown on replay was correct. Even the ones I didn't like.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1606
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.


    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am


  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Honestly, I think the nail in the coffin was Dickson's punt to the 20. I've said it before, had he dropped it inside the 5 this game would have been a W.


    I said this all week.

    I know we all love Dickson, he's for some reason our new team mascot.......but that last punt was atrocious, and was THE reason McVay went for it on 4th and short.

    If Dickson punts that inside the 10 like he was suppose to, there's no way McVay goes for it from his own 31 or 25, instead of his own 41.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13829
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:Honestly, I think the nail in the coffin was Dickson's punt to the 20. I've said it before, had he dropped it inside the 5 this game would have been a W.


    I said this all week.

    I know we all love Dickson, he's for some reason our new team mascot.......but that last punt was atrocious, and was THE reason McVay went for it on 4th and short.

    If Dickson punts that inside the 10 like he was suppose to, there's no way McVay goes for it from his own 31 or 25, instead of his own 41.


    He’s a great punter but he tried a gimmick helicopter punt that failed miserably. Rams had their third string punt returner back because of injuries leading into and occurring during the game. A normal coffin corner kick would have been perfect or just a high short punt would have resulted in a fair catch around the 10. Dickson or the special teams coach overthought that one. And I don’t like the punting on kickoffs. It gave them the ball at the 30-35 yard line. Why can’t Janikoski reach the end zone when he can kick 63 yard field goals? Poor decisions on special teams.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am


  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.

    That last penalty was warranted, as was the Fluker hold. I saw some jersey being stretched, refs will call that. The last penalty was the penalty that was most warranted however. The game clock was at zero and the ball still had not been snapped. Ifedi saw that the clock was at zero thus he started to move. If Ifedi wouldn't have moved it would have been a delay of game, so it was a penalty either way.


    It was BS but your entitled to your opinion.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • cjcinec56 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.


    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.


    Horsecrap .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    cjcinec56 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.


    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.


    Horsecrap maybe the false start was legit but the hold was garbage that stuff happens on every play and that BS call took us out of field goal range and we would have scored there's no doubt about it. So your wrong but i'm sure it's not the first time. If were being fair here as you say that kind of penalty on the deciding drive should never be called.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • It was 100% a hold. The consistency in it being called was a problem, but not the hold itself.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    cjcinec56 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.


    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.


    Horsecrap maybe the false start was legit but the hold was garbage that stuff happens on every play and that BS call took us out of field goal range and we would have scored there's no doubt about it. So your wrong but i'm sure it's not the first time. If were being fair here as you say that kind of penalty on the deciding drive should never be called.


    So you don’t call any penalties on the final deciding drive. That’s an interesting point of view. Does that apply to the offense and the defense? Could the defense tackle the receivers at the line of scrimmage? If the Seahawks scored would the same logic apply if the Rams had the ball at the end? You get my point right. Your logic is flawed. And you’re wrong here and like you pointed out to me “ I don’t think it’s the first time “. Game was lost by a poor punt and then a failure to stop the run.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am


  • cjcinec56 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:I'm not letting you slide NFL refs we know all about how you operate here in Seattle. Congrats on screwing us out of a great victory that Seattle earned are you proud of yourselves you pieces of crap.


    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.

    Russ was doing everything but goosing the Center in his butt to HIKE THE DAMNED BALL.
    REALITY, it was an uncalled 'Delay Of Game', and was destined to be a penalty.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm



  • cjcinec56 wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    cjcinec56 wrote:
    Well to be fair those two penalties were actually penalties. The false start was because the play clock had run out so it wasn’t really the players fault that’s more on Russ. The holding was pretty clear but unnecessary if he just lets go when the runner runs by I don’t think it’s called. I don’t like the two ultra conservative calls that followed the penalties. But the game came down to our defense getting a stop. Knowing that the Rams were going to run the ball we gave up 22 clock killing and timeout eating yards and allowed them to run the clock out and keep our offense off the field. You can’t blame that on the NFL. Next time we’re in that situation we have to play better.


    Horsecrap maybe the false start was legit but the hold was garbage that stuff happens on every play and that BS call took us out of field goal range and we would have scored there's no doubt about it. So your wrong but i'm sure it's not the first time. If were being fair here as you say that kind of penalty on the deciding drive should never be called.


    So you don’t call any penalties on the final deciding drive. That’s an interesting point of view. Does that apply to the offense and the defense? Could the defense tackle the receivers at the line of scrimmage? If the Seahawks scored would the same logic apply if the Rams had the ball at the end? You get my point right. Your logic is flawed. And you’re wrong here and like you pointed out to me “ I don’t think it’s the first time “. Game was lost by a poor punt and then a failure to stop the run.


    I said those kind of calls you know the questionable bad type . Apparently you can't tell the difference .
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • My issue is simple it was a bad call given the severity of the hold, or lack there of, and the context of the game. Less than 3 minutes left with the game on the line at home . That hold was BS especially when they just called a penalty the previous play. Apparently some of you can't understand that and that's on you.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1100
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


  • JimmyG wrote:The funny thing about penalties is that teams are always convinced their teams are unfairly penalized. Case in point, after this very game, I saw...

    [snip]

    Basically, stop arguing about the refs. Or at least, complain about bad calls, but stop with this nonsense that refs have an agenda. It is a bad look. You can make up a narrative to fit the refs lobbying for either team. It's just delusional.


    Yes, this is common here, with my local Aussie rules team. But it's true in our case. :)

    Seriously, though, if you're going to be *that* cynical about a competition, why oh why bother? To paraphrase Stephen King, if you put your ear to that keyhole, all you can hear are the winds of madness blowing.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 635
    Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm
    Location: Adelaide, South Australia


  • They call penalty on Fluker but how many hold and push in the back was that with Erin Rodger run tonight....

    Nfl has their favorites
    User avatar
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 pm


  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:My issue is simple it was a bad call given the severity of the hold, or lack there of, and the context of the game. Less than 3 minutes left with the game on the line at home . That hold was BS especially when they just called a penalty the previous play. Apparently some of you can't understand that and that's on you.


    Apparently you can’t understand when you’re posting is complete horse apples and that’s on you.
    cjcinec56
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 31
    Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am




It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online