toffee

Reaction score
This is our depth char from Seahawks.com:

LT: Duane Brown - George Fant
LG: Ethan Pocic - J.R. Sweezy - Jordan Simmons
CP: Justin Britt - Joey Hunt
RG: D.J. Fluker - J.R. Sweezy
RT: Germain Ifedi - George Fant

With uncle Will's injury, Fant lined up and played some blocking TE.

Questions:
So essentially we almost don't have a backup tackle when Fant was playing 'TE'?
We have three backup interior linemen in Pocic, Hunt and Simmons can any of those three play acceptable tackle? Pocic could but he sucked when he did last season, Hunt seems to be too short to play tackle?
Why's Simmons on active roster? How bad is Roos?
Do we have OT in our practice squad?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Fant is still the backup tackle even when playing TE. If he gets hurt playing in the game, well that sucks but hopefully the tackles stay healthy for the rest of the game and they sign a 3rd tackle in the next week.

Hunt played well at tackle in the preseason. I think he'd actually get by alright if he had to play.

No idea on the rest

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The depth looks good. If there were an injury at tackle, Fant would probably step in. Playing some TE doesn’t mean he wouldn’t also serve as the swing tackle. Hunt has also played some TE, and Pocic would be a natural in that role too.

Pocic could play any of the five positions if needed. But I assume Fant would be ahead of him at the tackle spots. Hunt looked good in his start at center, so they would probably use him as the backup there.

If Sweezy gets hurt, Pocic would get his spot back. If Fluker gets hurt again, I think Sweezy would shift back to RG and Pocic would play LG. If both Brown and Ifedi were hurt, I think Fant would play LT and Pocic would have to step in at RT. And then Hunt would be the next man up. Carroll is famous for designing elaborate contingency plans. They have a Plan A through Z. What happens if four linemen are knocked out of a game? They have a plan for that crazy scenario, I just don’t know what it would be.

I wish we had this line (and Solari) from 2015-17. Those seasons were all hindered by the bad line play and poor depth.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I guess you’re right that they have been keeping Simmons active the last two weeks, so he would be the 4th backup. Simmons played tackle in HS and a little in college, though he missed a lot of time due to recurring knee injuries. Presumably, he could play RT if the situation arose. He was also switched to DT at USC, so maybe an emergency option on the defensive side of the ball, plus special teams.