Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Don't Overanalyze. Simple Question...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Will Russell Wilson win another Super Bowl wearing a Seahawks uniform?

Yes.
61%
No.
39%

Total votes : 135

Don't Overanalyze. Simple Question...
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:41 pm
  • Will Russell Wilson win another Super Bowl wearing a Seahawks uniform?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.
    I think people underestimate how really hard it is to make and win a superbowl. There are 31 other teams intent on doing the same thing with the same salary cap and draft capital of every other team. The odds are you win a SB every 30 years or so, all things being equal.

In order to win multiple SB's:
    1) You need a good QB on a below market deal or rookie deal
    2) You need to be in a weak division to pile up 6 easy wins a season
    3) You need to have good health

Just hard to have all those things like the Patriots seem to.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Probably depends on how many more years Pete is HC.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• I agree, there are millions of reasons it is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl let alone more than one. I do like what I am seeing right now though. A lot of young but talented players on defense that could be special in a couple of years. Carson and Davis seem to be legit backs and if they can stay healthy (big knock on wood), our continued OL growth...I like our chances to get back to the big dance within 2-5 years.

Personally, I think he will win one more as a Seahawk before all is said and done.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We Revamped the offense, Defense, and special teams with new coaching and a different group of guys. We have every opportunity to make it happen. It is within the realm of possibilities. Now if we could get the refs on board.... :stirthepot: :rumble: :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• I voted no.

I want nothing more than Russell to win more Super Bowls because that means the Seahawks win more Super Bowls.

He's been to two and won one. Not a lot of QB's in the league can even say they've been to one.

Chances are if he does make it to the big one again it'll be on a different team that'll nurture his strengths to the fullest.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Pete will always have this defense firing while he's the HC. Need to pair that knowledge on offense, looked good against the Rams running it down their throat but the offense looked worse than last year up til then.

Give more credit to Solari fixing the o-line from Cable's coaching than anything. They look like a different unit with some of the same players.

I think Russ can win another, regardless of his stats so far he's a top 5-10 QB
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Wilson blew that chance with the 1st and goal pass play in THAT superbowl...;but seriously ,he will probably be too expensive to keep for long..IMO :..GO HAWKS...with or without Wilson.. :stirthepot:
    xray
    NET Starter

• I would guess the odds are less than 50/50. The Seahawks were D-O-M-I-N-A-N-T and still only won one Super Bowl. I would be surprised if they ever returned to that level of dominance again. They can always get lucky (few teams are ever as dominant as Seattle was in their run) but I don't expect to have a year where I think going in that 'this is the year'.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Yes... if he gets back together with Ashton. :stirthepot:

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:Wilson blew that chance with the 1st and goal pass play in THAT superbowl...;but seriously ,he will probably be too expensive to keep for long..IMO :..GO HAWKS...with or without Wilson.. :stirthepot:

Any quarterback worth his salt and at a franchise level will require the same pay. Franchise QB's are hard to find, so when you find them, you pay them and keep them.

Get what you pay for unless you trade up to one in the draft, and get lucky.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• If this team syncs up over the next three years and we don't miss in the draft and find a few surprises then yes, after that I don't think so, a new coach or GM will want to rebuild in their vision.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• seedhawk wrote:Probably depends on how many more years Pete is HC.

Exactly. I gave it a yes, but not under Pete will he IMO.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Pete has the right Quarterback, now all he needs is to surround him with enough talent ( O-Line, Receivers, TE's & MOST IMPORTANTLY---A RUN GAME.
    The RW - Beastmode combo was lethal.
    Russell Wilson IS an extraordinary QUARTERBACK, and all he needs is an honest to goodness Running Game to HELP-HELP-HELP him succeed.
    The last couple/three years have been detrimental to his growth, and NEEDED TO BE FIXED!!
    Defense is constantly transitioning....Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas were playing through some hefty injuries in SB 49, ADVANTAGE Tom Brady/Billichick & the Patriots.....Get over it already folks.
    Folks saying that we need to dump RW for a CHEAP QB can just shut the hell up, You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    Tom brady should be replaced with a "CHEAP QB" ??? , LOLOLOL Now can some of Y'all see how absurd that sounds??????
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:If this team syncs up over the next three years and we don't miss in the draft and find a few surprises then yes, after that I don't think so, a new coach or GM will want to rebuild in their vision.

Uncle Paul won't let Wilson go, mark my words on that one! :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• No analysis, answer: Yes!

BTW, my magic 8 ball agrees. :2thumbs:

Don’t think it will be that soon though.

Don’t agree though with the anti-Pete negativity expressed above, it alaways is tough when a team loses any Pro Bowl player and the Hawks are rebuilding a young capable D around only a few older stars having lost at least 5. Some patience is needed, the O will perpetually underperform the D.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I am going to be shocked if Wilson stays here. I am going to bet he bails as soon as it is possible for him.

He went from being the NFL's 'next great thing' to watching guys like Dak (who fell right off again), Wentz and Mahomes pass him. He is likely very aware that the offense he is stuck with is pushing his #s and his accomplishments down. And not making it to the playoffs repeatedly has moved him from a guy that was getting national marketing deals to doing regional Alaska airlines commercials.

There is no way that someone that has done as much as he can to get in the spotlight (kids choice awards, startup apps, etc.) isn't going to be chafed by that.

I think the chance of franchising him might even be in doubt, but there is no way I see him signing another deal as long as Pete is here. He might be a 'company-man' but he also is trying to build a brand - and I suspect he will have people from his camp whispering in his ear that he could be a household name again somewhere else.

Especially after we miss the playoffs again. MAYBE if we get a QB friendly, offensive minded HC but that would involve:

A) Getting rid of Pete
    B) Getting lucky enough to find an offensive coach that is good
    C) Getting enough production from this coach to convince Wilson he can win here

All while our roster is rebuilding?

But I do think he makes a SuperBowl somewhere else.

There is 0 chance he makes another with Pete at the helm.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• I suspect every franchise QB knows the reason they don't get to the SB easily is that their salary takes a big chunk of the cap. I'm sure RW is aware of that as well and isn't upset at Pete for not having cash to build a top offence.

Wilson will stay because I think he realizes that Pete and John are good at rebuilding rosters and that may be his best chance to win. Only if he's got eyes on the Patriots is he likely to be put in a better position.

So I'd say Wilson will have better odds to win another if he sticks with out FO and our team rather than go elsewhere. Unless its the Patriots.

But that's my opinion.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• I want to say yes, but I said no.

As Russell ages and slows down, I don't think Pete or any other HC will be able to figure out how to get this team back to a SB with Russell as QB.

The NFL game is changing, and IMO leaving Pete in the dust with how he thinks he can win. Still competitive, still able to win.........but not the dominance needed nor the offensive philosophical shift needed to keep up with how the NFL game is changing and evolving.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I want to say yes, but I said no.

As Russell ages and slows down, I don't think Pete or any other HC will be able to figure out how to get this team back to a SB with Russell as QB.

The NFL game is changing, and IMO leaving Pete in the dust with how he thinks he can win. Still competitive, still able to win.........but not the dominance needed nor the offensive philosophical shift needed to keep up with how the NFL game is changing and evolving.

the NFL is really more about cycles than evolving.

These offenses are always cyclical, from the 80s Chargers and 90s Cowboys and 9ers, 2000s Rams, the read option Hawks.. you WCO, spreads, run and shoot... and yet the Patriots drop back passing game with a physical TE and good but not great RBs still manage to be very successful, just as those style of offenses were in the 80s and 90s.

Pete could see out the Rams cycle, if given the time, and find himself with a very good QB, strong run game and strong D. That, like it did in Philly recently, get them back to a Super Bowl. Some will depend on how Russ evolves. He still looked pretty agile and cagey against the Rams, while certainly not explosive.

But the team has to grow up fast... 8/9 wins this year and then a real solid draft next.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I want to say yes, but I said no.

These offenses are always cyclical, from the 80s Chargers and 90s Cowboys and 9ers, 2000s Rams, the read option Hawks.. you WCO, spreads, run and shoot... and yet the Patriots drop back passing game with a physical TE and good but not great RBs still manage to be very successful, just as those style of offenses were in the 80s and 90s.

Pete could see out the Rams cycle, if given the time, and find himself with a very good QB, strong run game and strong D. That, like it did in Philly recently, get them back to a Super Bowl. Some will depend on how Russ evolves. He still looked pretty agile and cagey against the Rams, while certainly not explosive.

But the team has to grow up fast... 8/9 wins this year and then a real solid draft next.

Wilson has a hamstring issue that is holding him back from running....pretty sure. It's listed in the report several weeks now and being downplayed by him and the team (for obvious reasons), but he had wide open runs on Sunday he passed on and likely is throttling down the run plays because of the hammy issue. Now and then you can see him gimp every so slightly if you watch closely.

Woops....forgot to ask. Permission to overanalyze please?

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I want to say yes, but I said no.

For sure, the new RPO craze is just the evolution of RO, air raid (Leech), west coast and other offensive scheme based playcalling coming out of college.

But that's kinda my point. The game is evolving, and Pete's still stuck in his three yards and cloud of dust mode.

Which is fine, you can still win running the ball, controlling the clock, getting a couple explosive plays a game and having a great defense. Just don't think he can get the roster back to where it needs to be in Russell's tenure.........or hell even his own tenure.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Mad Dog wrote:Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.
    I think people underestimate how really hard it is to make and win a superbowl. There are 31 other teams intent on doing the same thing with the same salary cap and draft capital of every other team. The odds are you win a SB every 30 years or so, all things being equal.

This.

I think it's unlikely, but not because of anything to do with Pete or Russ or any other player or coach.

Aaron Rodgers has only won 1 as a Packer.
    Drew Brees has only won 1 as a Saint.
    Peyton Manning only won 1 as a Colt.

It is damn hard to get to and win a Super Bowl. Many, many things have to go your way over the course of a season to accomplish it for even the best teams.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.

In order to win multiple SB's:
    1) You need a good QB on a below market deal or rookie deal
    2) You need to be in a weak division to pile up 6 easy wins a season
    3) You need to have good health

Just hard to have all those things like the Patriots seem to.

I don't totally agree. All you really need is a damn good defense and a really good QB. Check out Brady's D when he won and when he lost. At, or very near, the top in points allowed when he won. But he is the one that gets ALL the credit. Neither Brees nor Rogers has had a good D since they won and their win was with, you guessed it, a damn good D. Even Manning had a damn good D in Denver when he won. The win with Indy came with the best D he had while there.

With PC as a HC you know the D is going to be good. Wilson is a top notch QB. So, with that recipe, the chances are pretty good.

edit for typos. think I gottem all.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• Oddly enough, the importance of great QBs to the NFL has almost paradoxically made it very difficult for these QBs to make the SB.

Rule changes to protect the QB and give advantages to them have also made it easier for rookie QBs to be effective.

Top tier veteran QBs command such a price tag they strip the budgets of their team leaving them with gaping, exploitable holes.

So the blueprint to the SB almost requires a QB on a rookie contract.

Pete might potentially win a SB with a rookie QB if he can craft another great defense, but that isn't in the cards now.

Wilson can win a SB if he goes to a team with a great defense that just needs an effective QB (Jets, Jags, etc)

Or you can do like the Rams, leverage your rookie QB contract to spend those available dollars on top tier FAs to fill most of your holes and then run roughshod through the league that way.

But teams like the Packers, Saints, etc? No shot. Too much cap room used on QB means too many areas you have to leave thin because you cannot pay the higher quality players and you probably lose your own top performers to FA for the same reasons (Jordy Nelson, etc.)

Ironically, all those rules to protect the star QBs has made it easier for teams to get their rookies productive faster - giving their team advantages against the top tier star veteran QBs. But that is bad news for teams like the Seahawks, because getting a great QB no longer gives you permanent pathways to the playoffs like it used to.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• What's crucial is making the top 2 seed in the conf, so we only play one away game in the playoffs and skip the first round. Every year we can do that our chances are massively increased. But just making the playoffs we got a shooter's chance, especially with Wilson.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:
    So the blueprint to the SB almost requires a QB on a rookie contract..

Good point, but that's also a gamble giving up a competent veteran that may win you 8-10 games a year keeping your job security as a HC and GM vs. gambling on a rookie in order to save the cap to spend it elsewhere.

Obviously it's worked for franchises like us, Eagles and now KC (so far). But it can also horribly backfire if you keep drafting the wrong rookies.

But if we're specifically talking bout Pete? Then yes you're right, the way he wants to play CRITICALLY depends on having an elite defense........and the only way you get that in this league is by not having a QB that's soaking up 25% of your cap space.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Interesting that so far 67 percent think yes meanwhile many have offered valid and well-thought out reasons to the contrary.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Chapow wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.

This.

I think it's unlikely, but not because of anything to do with Pete or Russ or any other player or coach.

It is damn hard to get to and win a Super Bowl. Many, many things have to go your way over the course of a season to accomplish it for even the best teams.

Also, along those lines, only 12 QBs in the history of the league have even appeared in three Super Bowls or more.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

• JimmyG wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.

This.

Also, along those lines, only 12 QBs in the history of the league have even appeared in three Super Bowls or more.

Exactly.

Brady, John Elway, Joe Montana, my created Franchise QB in Madden 19.

It's a small list guys.

Lol.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Re: Don't Overanalyze. Simple Question...
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:28 am
  • I am guessing he won't sign another contract with the Seahawks.
    Fallin' in love with this new installment of the Seahawks!!!
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am
  • NO DOUBT!
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:I am guessing he won't sign another contract with the Seahawks.

Russell will sign with whoever gives him 33M+ a year.

The question is will we be the one's giving Russell that type of crazy money, not whether he'll accept it or not. He'll accept it.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Franchise QBs need a lot of help and have to help themselves. They need incredibly talented young player (uh oh!), the right free agents (Yikes!) and some luck. They should be willing to take less themselves (see NE formula) for a shot at a championship.

The results of this poll are more homer-ism wishful thinking than any kind of rationale thought. If you had to bet your house on it what would you do??? Statistically speaking we can see how hard it is for QB's a tier above RW (Rogers, Brees). Peyton did it with an incredible Defense. Eli with incredible luck. Big Ben because he is a Steeler. Leave Brady out because NE is an anomaly.

What I am seeing of Wilson, this coaching staff and the FO talent evaluation screams "No F'ing way."

Love this poll because it really lets you know what you are dealing with when trying to put forth an argument if it doesn't put the Hawks in a positive light.
    HawkerD
    NET Veteran

• Can Russell win a SB as the focal point of the offense? No.

The team needs running the ball to be the focal point... in fact almost every team needs to be able to run the ball effectively to win a SB.. even the Pats. Moreover, I think they need to have an above average team defense. Top 10 Defense, Top 10 Running game, Sure, they could absolutely win a SB with those two things.

Right now they have a near top 10 RB if they run like they did against LA, and not close to a top 10 defense.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Oddly enough, the importance of great QBs to the NFL has almost paradoxically made it very difficult for these QBs to make the SB.

Rule changes to protect the QB and give advantages to them have also made it easier for rookie QBs to be effective.

Top tier veteran QBs command such a price tag they strip the budgets of their team leaving them with gaping, exploitable holes.

So the blueprint to the SB almost requires a QB on a rookie contract.

Pete might potentially win a SB with a rookie QB if he can craft another great defense, but that isn't in the cards now.

Wilson can win a SB if he goes to a team with a great defense that just needs an effective QB (Jets, Jags, etc)

Or you can do like the Rams, leverage your rookie QB contract to spend those available dollars on top tier FAs to fill most of your holes and then run roughshod through the league that way.

But teams like the Packers, Saints, etc? No shot. Too much cap room used on QB means too many areas you have to leave thin because you cannot pay the higher quality players and you probably lose your own top performers to FA for the same reasons (Jordy Nelson, etc.)

Ironically, all those rules to protect the star QBs has made it easier for teams to get their rookies productive faster - giving their team advantages against the top tier star veteran QBs. But that is bad news for teams like the Seahawks, because getting a great QB no longer gives you permanent pathways to the playoffs like it used to.

Agreed. Russell's salary is too much of a handicap to build a championship team around him. Defense wins championships. We no longer have, nor will we have, the horses on defense to win it all. Watch what the Rams are doing now and see what happens when they have to pay Goff.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Asking this team to make the SB in order to be happy with it - that is a tall ask.

We won the SB. It was glorious. On every flight I take, I'm that idiot watching the SB again. When I fly to Dallas next week, I will be watching it. Or Maui the week after.

I got so much joy from that run or those amazing Marshawn runs along the way. It is OK with me to let another team's fans experience that joy.

I just feel like we should have at least done more than blown out after the wild card games.

We can be a great, successful team just getting close to the SB. We already won it. A few division or conference championship games would be fine with me.

I am not SB or bust at all.

But....we have a system where paying great QBs hamstrings the team. We have a QB we have to pay, if we do so - we will be hamstrung.

So either Wilson has to jump to a team with the great defense in place, or we can ride him like the Packers ride Rodgers but Rodgers isn't making a SB for the same reason.

And it would be worse with Carroll because his system will minimize the impact a QB can even have in contributing to winning.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• My gut tells me he is destined to become an L.A Charger soon. I'm not sure we are SB bound int he next two years and spending $150 mil on Russ is not the answer. I'd rather trade him for a 1st and 2nd than blow our whole cap on a QB.

Cheap QB's are the in thing right now
    Mahomes
    Goff
    Wentz/Foles
    Trubisky
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:02 pm
  • Aros wrote:Will Russell Wilson win another Super Bowl wearing a Seahawks uniform?

No, but won't be his fault.

It takes so many factors and little injuries to go to the Big Game and win it all.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

• It must be said that the Seahawks went to both Super Bowls on rather thin margins. They only won one playoff game comfortably between 2013-2014 (Panthers, 2014). And then only won another comfortable playoff game the rest of the Carroll era (2016 against the Lions).

2013 saw blowout rematches (at home) versus Saints and 49ers come down to the wire with both teams having final possession with under a minute left in the game. Home field advantage was the difference in those games.

2014 you had the Panthers get dominated, but then the Packers lose a fluke game. The only reason the gods gave Malcolm Butler that INT was because of that Packers game (and the Kearse catch right before it). The Packers have proved ever since that that tight NFCC game wasn't a fluke.

Even the 2012 run was very tight. A Redskins team that was getting its way until Griffin went down. Falcons team that held onto a big lead.

Lynch and the defense carried the team those years.

A repeat of a monster RB and a top 3 defense with Wilson is certainly a threat for another Super Bowl or two given that Wilson is a better QB now, but unlikely.

A very good RB with a top 10 defense is interesting.

All Seahawks SB runs have been as #1 NFC seed (even 2005), so there's that too.

If Wilson had a 2012 playoff run like Flacco or Kaepernick, I'd be more inclined to say he could do it without an all time RB & defense.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Seattle doesnt win another one with Wilson, but the Patriots will when they sign him.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

All of this. The answer is no, but that's not a statement about Wilson.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Seattle doesnt win another one with Wilson, but the Patriots will when they sign him.

Belichick must be gone then, cause he'd NEVER want a QB like Russell to run his offense.

His boring ass multi-layered complex crossing pattern deceptive passing game requires a tall pocket passer that can go through progressions and throw to the EXACT right receiver 95% of the time.

Not one who likes to scramble around and go off script for 50% of passing plays.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Seattle doesnt win another one with Wilson, but the Patriots will when they sign him.

Belichick must be gone then, cause he'd NEVER want a QB like Russell to run his offense.

His boring ass multi-layered complex crossing pattern deceptive passing game requires a tall pocket passer that can go through progressions and throw to the EXACT right receiver 95% of the time.

Not one who likes to scramble around and go off script for 50% of passing plays.

The tall issue is just that, but I doubt Russ would be back there scrambling for his life. This isnt the Seahawks Oline we're talking about here.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:04 am

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information