Don't Overanalyze. Simple Question...

Will Russell Wilson win another Super Bowl wearing a Seahawks uniform?

• Yes.

Votes: 82 60.7%
  • No.

Votes: 53 39.3%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Will Russell Wilson win another Super Bowl wearing a Seahawks uniform?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Odds are against it. Brees and Rodgers haven't won a second one. Peyton Manning got his second through the luck of a dominant defense.
I think people underestimate how really hard it is to make and win a superbowl. There are 31 other teams intent on doing the same thing with the same salary cap and draft capital of every other team. The odds are you win a SB every 30 years or so, all things being equal.

In order to win multiple SB's:
1) You need a good QB on a below market deal or rookie deal
2) You need to be in a weak division to pile up 6 easy wins a season
3) You need to have good health

Just hard to have all those things like the Patriots seem to.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, there are millions of reasons it is incredibly difficult to win a Super Bowl let alone more than one. I do like what I am seeing right now though. A lot of young but talented players on defense that could be special in a couple of years. Carson and Davis seem to be legit backs and if they can stay healthy (big knock on wood), our continued OL growth...I like our chances to get back to the big dance within 2-5 years.

Personally, I think he will win one more as a Seahawk before all is said and done.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We Revamped the offense, Defense, and special teams with new coaching and a different group of guys. We have every opportunity to make it happen. It is within the realm of possibilities. Now if we could get the refs on board.... :stirthepot: :rumble: :stirthepot:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I voted no.

I want nothing more than Russell to win more Super Bowls because that means the Seahawks win more Super Bowls.

He's been to two and won one. Not a lot of QB's in the league can even say they've been to one.

Chances are if he does make it to the big one again it'll be on a different team that'll nurture his strengths to the fullest.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pete will always have this defense firing while he's the HC. Need to pair that knowledge on offense, looked good against the Rams running it down their throat but the offense looked worse than last year up til then.

Give more credit to Solari fixing the o-line from Cable's coaching than anything. They look like a different unit with some of the same players.

I think Russ can win another, regardless of his stats so far he's a top 5-10 QB

xray

Reaction score
Wilson blew that chance with the 1st and goal pass play in THAT superbowl...;but seriously ,he will probably be too expensive to keep for long..IMO :..GO HAWKS...with or without Wilson.. :stirthepot:

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would guess the odds are less than 50/50. The Seahawks were D-O-M-I-N-A-N-T and still only won one Super Bowl. I would be surprised if they ever returned to that level of dominance again. They can always get lucky (few teams are ever as dominant as Seattle was in their run) but I don't expect to have a year where I think going in that 'this is the year'.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Yes... if he gets back together with Ashton. :stirthepot:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
xray":215wsvtj said:
Wilson blew that chance with the 1st and goal pass play in THAT superbowl...;but seriously ,he will probably be too expensive to keep for long..IMO :..GO HAWKS...with or without Wilson.. :stirthepot:

Any quarterback worth his salt and at a franchise level will require the same pay. Franchise QB's are hard to find, so when you find them, you pay them and keep them.

Get what you pay for unless you trade up to one in the draft, and get lucky.

chris98251

Reaction score
If this team syncs up over the next three years and we don't miss in the draft and find a few surprises then yes, after that I don't think so, a new coach or GM will want to rebuild in their vision.

Seymour

Reaction score
seedhawk":2hetub1t said:
Probably depends on how many more years Pete is HC.

Exactly. I gave it a yes, but not under Pete will he IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete has the right Quarterback, now all he needs is to surround him with enough talent ( O-Line, Receivers, TE's & MOST IMPORTANTLY---A RUN GAME.
The RW - Beastmode combo was lethal.
Russell Wilson IS an extraordinary QUARTERBACK, and all he needs is an honest to goodness Running Game to HELP-HELP-HELP him succeed.
The last couple/three years have been detrimental to his growth, and NEEDED TO BE FIXED!!
Defense is constantly transitioning....Sherman, Chancellor, and Thomas were playing through some hefty injuries in SB 49, ADVANTAGE Tom Brady/Billichick & the Patriots.....Get over it already folks.
Folks saying that we need to dump RW for a CHEAP QB can just shut the hell up, You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Tom brady should be replaced with a "CHEAP QB" ??? , LOLOLOL Now can some of Y'all see how absurd that sounds??????

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2p06aav2 said:
If this team syncs up over the next three years and we don't miss in the draft and find a few surprises then yes, after that I don't think so, a new coach or GM will want to rebuild in their vision.

Uncle Paul won't let Wilson go, mark my words on that one! :irishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No analysis, answer: Yes!

BTW, my magic 8 ball agrees. :2thumbs:

Don’t think it will be that soon though.

Don’t agree though with the anti-Pete negativity expressed above, it alaways is tough when a team loses any Pro Bowl player and the Hawks are rebuilding a young capable D around only a few older stars having lost at least 5. Some patience is needed, the O will perpetually underperform the D.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am going to be shocked if Wilson stays here. I am going to bet he bails as soon as it is possible for him.

He went from being the NFL's 'next great thing' to watching guys like Dak (who fell right off again), Wentz and Mahomes pass him. He is likely very aware that the offense he is stuck with is pushing his #s and his accomplishments down. And not making it to the playoffs repeatedly has moved him from a guy that was getting national marketing deals to doing regional Alaska airlines commercials.

There is no way that someone that has done as much as he can to get in the spotlight (kids choice awards, startup apps, etc.) isn't going to be chafed by that.

I think the chance of franchising him might even be in doubt, but there is no way I see him signing another deal as long as Pete is here. He might be a 'company-man' but he also is trying to build a brand - and I suspect he will have people from his camp whispering in his ear that he could be a household name again somewhere else.

Especially after we miss the playoffs again. MAYBE if we get a QB friendly, offensive minded HC but that would involve:

A) Getting rid of Pete
B) Getting lucky enough to find an offensive coach that is good
C) Getting enough production from this coach to convince Wilson he can win here

All while our roster is rebuilding?

But I do think he makes a SuperBowl somewhere else.

There is 0 chance he makes another with Pete at the helm.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I suspect every franchise QB knows the reason they don't get to the SB easily is that their salary takes a big chunk of the cap. I'm sure RW is aware of that as well and isn't upset at Pete for not having cash to build a top offence.

Wilson will stay because I think he realizes that Pete and John are good at rebuilding rosters and that may be his best chance to win. Only if he's got eyes on the Patriots is he likely to be put in a better position.

So I'd say Wilson will have better odds to win another if he sticks with out FO and our team rather than go elsewhere. Unless its the Patriots.

But that's my opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I want to say yes, but I said no.

As Russell ages and slows down, I don't think Pete or any other HC will be able to figure out how to get this team back to a SB with Russell as QB.

The NFL game is changing, and IMO leaving Pete in the dust with how he thinks he can win. Still competitive, still able to win.........but not the dominance needed nor the offensive philosophical shift needed to keep up with how the NFL game is changing and evolving.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9tn6kar5 said:
I want to say yes, but I said no.

As Russell ages and slows down, I don't think Pete or any other HC will be able to figure out how to get this team back to a SB with Russell as QB.

The NFL game is changing, and IMO leaving Pete in the dust with how he thinks he can win. Still competitive, still able to win.........but not the dominance needed nor the offensive philosophical shift needed to keep up with how the NFL game is changing and evolving.

the NFL is really more about cycles than evolving.

These offenses are always cyclical, from the 80s Chargers and 90s Cowboys and 9ers, 2000s Rams, the read option Hawks.. you WCO, spreads, run and shoot... and yet the Patriots drop back passing game with a physical TE and good but not great RBs still manage to be very successful, just as those style of offenses were in the 80s and 90s.

Pete could see out the Rams cycle, if given the time, and find himself with a very good QB, strong run game and strong D. That, like it did in Philly recently, get them back to a Super Bowl. Some will depend on how Russ evolves. He still looked pretty agile and cagey against the Rams, while certainly not explosive.

But the team has to grow up fast... 8/9 wins this year and then a real solid draft next.