Wembley is a grass field, right?

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":349ijsy1 said:
Msfann":349ijsy1 said:
Yeah it is.
We play worse on grass, typically. Hope it is in good shape.

Found this from 2010, no idea if it's been updated since then....

[urltargetblank]http://www.wembleystadium.com/Press/Press-Releases/2011/4/Desso-pitch-installed-at-Wembley.aspx[/urltargetblank]

During June 2010, Desso Sports Systems arrived at the Stadium and used the latest pitch reinforcement technology to strengthen the playing surface.

And it was an impressive sight to see the three machines working for nearly two weeks to insert over 48,000km of synthetic thread into the turf – that’s 8,000km more than the circumference of the earth.

Msfann

Reaction score
1. The Wembley pitch has a Desso Grassmaster system which was introduced to overcome early problems with the pitch after the new stadium was opened in 2007. The technology combines synthetic grass with the real Wembley grass and uses a SubAir system, integrated undersoil heating and artificial lighting.Sep 4, 2017

I read this after posting yes above.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Msfann":14nvlimv said:
1. The Wembley pitch has a Desso Grassmaster system which was introduced to overcome early problems with the pitch after the new stadium was opened in 2007. The technology combines synthetic grass with the real Wembley grass and uses a SubAir system, integrated undersoil heating and artificial lighting.Sep 4, 2017

Well, technically it's grass, it just also has synthetic grass as well so you weren't completely wrong :2thumbs:

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
So, what you're saying is that it is grass enough to play International Futbol on, but synthetic enough to hold up under a pounding?

Thanks for the "clarifications" guys. :laugh:

Really, though, thanks for the responses. I appreciate the informed comments. It's what makes this place great. :2thumbs:

seedhawk

Reaction score
What it is I guess is half fast, half grass and half assed. :mrgreen:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1rdwf4bw said:
Msfann":1rdwf4bw said:

Well, technically it's grass, it just also has synthetic grass as well so you weren't completely wrong :2thumbs:

On Topic---> I smoked "Grass" --once----quite a few times---Er, never mind. :pimp:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3g2b2xii said:
Wait...Half live grass and half synthetic?? Seriously?

Actually from a golfers point of view....NO DANG WAY...but from a turf monsters point of view...not a bad idea. Keeps the turf in decent shape for all activities planned on. You can not lose that much grass if there is backup material to not concern yourself about maintaining. Keep the mower at a depth above the level of the fake turf and you are fine. Remember they have a LOT of soccer there and other sports there. That may be innovative and could be coming to the USofA. As another note, it is kinda hard to keep all the mold out of the grass with that much moisture. I even see it here in the desert of Idaho.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
All I care about is, will Russ' vertical accuracy go to pot again and our receivers go back to dropping balls?

Beren

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":josjbcyb said:
All I care about is, will Russ' vertical accuracy go to pot again and our receivers go back to dropping balls?

Raining pretty heavily this morning in London so far. Eep.

Storts

Reaction score
The grass is actually quite long so it will play a bit slower than normal

chris98251

Reaction score
Soft field and grass made for Soccer not as firm, could be why we had a cramp situation since our guys are used to turf, held up ok for one game. I can understand English Soccer fans being bent sideways a bit, their nice unified green filed now has NFL divots in it.