Where is the pass rush?

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks will be without Green and Jordan this week. The Hawks have 10 sacks so far with 5 against Dallas..even alittle more pressure on Goff ...the Hawks win last week. The lack of QB pressures is really a problem .IMO

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is the real weakness of the D.

It is not easy to find pass rushers and it was the additions of Bennett and Avril to the D that put the D over the top when the LOB was here.

I loved Bennett as a player but suspected he was a locker room problem, the stories of him reading a book in meetings seem to indicate the suspicion was a reality, overinflated ego at work. Avril’s Neck injury lost the team an exceptional player who was a sold pass rusher and strong against the run. His leadership on the team was quiet and steady and hard to replace. I think his unexpected loss was more of a problem for the team than we appreciate.

Finding a pass rush is not easy and can be costly. So far several of the players expected to deliver have either been hurt or haven't shown much. The team needs to add talent at this position, taking Clark out takes away the pass rush. The D is going to have to dial up some blitzes tocreate pressure on Carr the week as he prefers to be a pocket passer.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is the primary reason the Seahawks are 2-3 and not 5-0. They had only one decent game thus far where they pressured the QB. It was a huge concern going into the season after losing Avril, Bennett, etc and the guys they brought in to fix it aren’t enough. They need to improve drastically in this area. The pass defense is terrible due to absolutely no pass rush. It all starts from there.

As for LB help, Navarro Bowman and Ahmad Brooks are still available. Surprised they haven’t reached out to one of them. I think they need help there even when KJ Wright comes back.

The Breh

Reaction score
Maybe it's time we try 'Quem out for some reps at what he did well in college.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mingo and Shaq 2.0 could get more time if we are short others.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Hawks need KJ back so Bobby has a bit more freedom.

And why not give 'Queem a gap blitz assignment now and again on third down and 5+?

I'd like to see Poona set up in some one-on-ones as a three tech. I think he could bull rush well enough to make those corners easier to round for the edge rushers.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think Dion is just questionable unless there's been a new update. Green is still out until after the bye week. We basically are relying on Clark which isn't going to be enough.

I think pass rush was the number one concern this year going into the season. It is what it is. Lamenting a crappy pass rush now when we knew it was a problem from camp is coming late to the party.

If you want to see a pass rush I think you have to wait until next year. I think that is where we go big in the draft and FA and get that shored up now that the OL and run game have been fixed.

This team is so much like the 2012 Seahawks. Young secondary coming together, good run defense but no pass rush to take us over the top.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
When Wright gets back and hopefully Green & Jordan too ...the defense could be very good IMO... :irishdrinkers:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2sllq4pa said:
I think Dion is just questionable unless there's been a new update. Green is still out until after the bye week. We basically are relying on Clark which isn't going to be enough.

I think pass rush was the number one concern this year going into the season. It is what it is. Lamenting a crappy pass rush now when we knew it was a problem from camp is coming late to the party.

If you want to see a pass rush I think you have to wait until next year. I think that is where we go big in the draft and FA and get that shored up now that the OL and run game have been fixed.

This team is so much like the 2012 Seahawks. Young secondary coming together, good run defense but no pass rush to take us over the top.

What's crazy is that there were some people here saying we might have a better pass rush because Dion looked great in limited time last year, Michael Bennett was washed up, Sheldon was undisciplined and ineffective, and Cliff was hurt most of the season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s on the DC to get pressure on the QB. If he cannot do it with his base scheme/defense then he needs to bring pressure via the blitz. I’d rather get beat by being aggressive and forcing the other team to make the play vs giving them the automatic underneath stuff because your defense is passive, and the opposing QB has 10 minutes to find an open receiver.

Norton better start getting it figured out.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
A decent QB pressure....makes this defense so much better from 1 end to the other. Bring what ya got..GO HAWKS

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
I believe that the Hawks will have a top ten defense soon...everything is there..all the pieces....it's gonna happen...run game and Defense....GO HAWKS :irishdrinkers:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3s5knr10 said:
It’s on the DC to get pressure on the QB. If he cannot do it with his base scheme/defense then he needs to bring pressure via the blitz. I’d rather get beat by being aggressive and forcing the other team to make the play vs giving them the automatic underneath stuff because your defense is passive, and the opposing QB has 10 minutes to find an open receiver.

Norton better start getting it figured out.

Agreed. We need some creative safety and even corner blitzes occasionally too. Is Pete instructing Norton to just stick with the base scheme? Does Pete think we can really athletically out perform our opponents still on D?

We need massive upgrade along DL. I was really surprised this wasn't among the offseason priorities. Drafting Green was nice but we need much more.