Should have been 40-0

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Happy with the win, making a long trip overseas and playing well is tricky. Lots of sloppy play by both teams today. Things that stood out:

1. Lots of really silly penalties. We have to clean that up against better competition
2. Left some plays on the field. Russ over threw Baldwin on that deep throw, but Baldwin also doesn’t seem like himself
3. On that 3rd quarter drive with Russ’s poor interception, it seemed like we were forcing it to Baldwin. Almost as if to get him in flow
4. Moore is really turning into something. I personally like him better than Paul Richardson

Hopefully we clean this up and finish the season strong :irishdrinkers:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2wd3q69w said:
Happy with the win, making a long trip overseas and playing well is tricky. Lots of sloppy play by both teams today. Things that stood out:

1. Lots of really silly penalties. We have to clean that up against better competition

4. Moore is really turning into something. I personally like him better than Paul Richardson

1. I'm really convinced a different crew would have meant fewer calls.

4. Yes, yes he is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
O-line played real well.

Pretty much a flawless game except for penalties, and that dumb interception at the goalline.

I hope Flowers is ok, he is as starting to play well.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
A poor attempt by the NFL to try to keep it a close game...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cgmkmq6w said:
O-line played real well.

I hope Flowers is ok, he is as starting to play well.
O-Line has sure come together with Sweezy and Fluker getting in there together. Even Ifedi looks decent.

Reports were that Flowers was suffering from cramps and could have come back had they needed him.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
BChawkfan":1ioanp34 said:

Yep, should have been a shut out. When we challenged the turnover, and they upheld it to the surpise of everyone, the announcers, their "expert" in the studio.... it was pretty obvious they weren't going to pile on the Raiders. Even though it was obvious the guy fumbled it and we picked it up. Which led to their FG.

Oh well, what are ya gonna do? :Dunno:

BChawkfan

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":asmyyrs4 said:
BChawkfan":asmyyrs4 said:

Yep, should have been a shut out. When we challenged the turnover, and they upheld it to the surpise of everyone, the announcers, their "expert" in the studio.... it was pretty obvious they weren't going to pile on the Raiders. Even though it was obvious the guy fumbled it and we picked it up. Which led to their FG.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3nbwkrr4 said:
BChawkfan":3nbwkrr4 said:

Hawks played an awsome game today. Very satisfying win.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
BChawkfan":2b85fgwk said:
Hawks played an awsome game today. Very satisfying win.

Yes, very satisfying win. The whole team looked ready to play.

NJlargent

Reaction score
There are very few teams that look good this year. It will be a year where the team that gets hot at the end makes a
run. Therefore you need to win these early games so that if we are that team that gets hot, we aren’t already eliminated. A win is a win and this one was a good one.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Steve2222":3gu05scy said:
The refs were definitely flag happy today

The only penalty call that I remember disagreeing with was the block in the back(on Fluker?) on the hitch screen to Carson early in the game. We definitely could've been called for the helmet to helmet on Cooper.

I also totally disagreed with us losing that challenge as that should've been a no-brainer IMO.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3dymmlo8 said:

2. Left some plays on the field. Russ over threw Baldwin on that deep throw, but Baldwin also doesn’t seem like himself
3. On that 3rd quarter drive with Russ’s poor interception, it seemed like we were forcing it to Baldwin. Almost as if to get him in flow

Hopefully we clean this up and finish the season strong :irishdrinkers:

1. But we won't

2. Agreed

3. Probably true, and not a bad idea given the game script.

4. Moore looks great, on the come.

OpHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1dqj543j said:
BChawkfan":1dqj543j said:

This play and too many others in recent years are why I have zero faith in the replay system.

Latest posts