Did anyone miss Vennett?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Didn't even realize till after the game that Vannett was inactive. Seahawks went with Swoopes and Fant as the TE's today. Well done boys.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, luckily we didn't need a lot from our TEs today. They game planned to get the WRs and RBs involved and covered quite well.

toffee

Reaction score
you really couldn't have better BLOCKING TE than our own George Fant, with Fant in as BTE, Ifedi hasn't been a liability, and running game worked.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nice catch, Jazz. I didn't notice Vannett's absence, but in hindsight I do. I saw Swoopes' jersey out there and was glad to see him getting reps. I bet Fant could even catch as a TE.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I saw he was on the nonners list when Jville put it up. I did note it and dont know if it would have helped or not. I think the Raiders are a bit underwhelming. So getting other players that we may need in for some real time work in this game worked out for us rather well. Just my thoughts tho.

toffee

Reaction score
I would like it if we sign another tackle as backup, that way we could feature Fant more as BTE and yes, occasionally throw a pass to him just to keep the opposing DC guessing. Dude was a power forward in college, ought to be able to catch some.

Having Fant in as BTE is invaluable to this struggling OL, especially when Fant lined up next to Ifedi.

xray

Reaction score
Fant an x basket baller can certainly catch a football on the run ..no doubt...Vannett was out or wasn't used...dunno

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think Vannett squandered his chance here. Seems like a bust at this point. Hoping Dickson is better. Keep swoopes in over Vannett imo

chris98251

Reaction score
Glad to see Swoopes get a chance, he can catch and has speed and moves, if he is blocking well and apparently better then Vannett if he got time and was just signed off the practice squad or Vannett is injured and finally put on the bench to heal up since he isn't helping on the field hurt.

Seafan

Reaction score
Vannett was hailed as the best blocking TE of his draft. Same for Dissly. Vannett gives me a little Willson vibe in that you can't always trust his hands. I look forward to seeing what Dickson brings. Should have a full compliment of TEs for the Lions game.