Derek Carr's pass chart vs Seahawks

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/1051602304561045504[/tweet]

The defense turned him into Blaine Gabbert. Quite impressive considering the Raiders typically love the deep ball and he only completed 2 passes over 5 yards.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
From the 3rd quarter on every pass seemed like a check down to the left flat.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
AL Davis is turning in his grave right now.

sutz

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's basic philosophy of defense.

1. Don't allow anything over the top. No deep balls.

2. When they do make short completions, tackle them immediately. No big YAC plays.

Granted, the Raiders were hurt at WR, which kind of played into our hands, but that's good basic fundamental football.

Old school works. :mrgreen:

lukerguy

Reaction score
sutz":3leemjkd said:

2. When they do make short completions, tackle them immediately. No big YAC plays.

Granted, the Raiders were hurt at WR, which kind of played into our hands, but that's good basic fundamental football.

Did you watch the week before?

sutz

Reaction score
lukerguy":2gu8fz51 said:
sutz":2gu8fz51 said:

Yeah, and we had a lot of missed tackles. I suspect they did some work on that before Sunday's game.

Rams receivers were better than LAR's.

We were pretty close to winning that game in the end. A couple of penalties away from a go-ahead FG late in the 4th. Would that have made it a win? Not guaranteed, but it would have improved our chances.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
What's going to get lost in this discussion is how bad the Raiders offensive line was.

First, they're coached by Tom Cable. Second, they were playing with a backup left guard, a hobbled ROOKIE left tackle, and a rookie right tackle.

Under those conditions, sure, bit guys like Jacob Martin and Brenden Jackson were going to make some hay. But it would not surprise me if Seattle goes up against a valid offensive line in Detroit in two weeks and find that its pass rush has once again been reduced to Clark and Jarran Reed. We need to see this pass rush succeed against better, healthier opponents. Every such test has pretty much silenced every pass rusher we have besides Clark and Reed.

Boycie

Reaction score
sutz":5pma08z0 said:
lukerguy":5pma08z0 said:
sutz":5pma08z0 said:

Yeah, and we had a lot of missed tackles. I suspect they did some work on that before Sunday's game.

Rams receivers were better than LAR's.

We were pretty close to winning that game in the end. A couple of penalties away from a go-ahead FG late in the 4th. Would that have made it a win? Not guaranteed, but it would have improved our chances.

That is the more glaring need I feel. I saw a lot of missed tackles by the DBs last week that, and those wouldn't normally have happened with the old LOB. I am liking how the D is coming though. Hopefully they can learn to wrap their guy up instead of trying to blow them up and whiffing.

mrt144

Reaction score
sutz":2b5eec5l said:

I think the Raiders and Gruden are just that bad. This is what the opposing signal looks like set to Minimum.

toffee

Reaction score
Gruden and Carr did pick on Tre Flowers, they focused on the left side. I suspect Flowers tackled quite well, so the short yardage catches didn't get much yards after catch. Interestingly, both Flowers and Griffin got 3 tackles each on box score, it was Coleman who got 6 tackles, McDougal 4, and Thompson 3. hmmm, why???

Another look at the chart, most passes to the left, heck most passes were behind the LOS. Only 4 were forward passes (LOS+10yards) to the left or Tre's territory, and 2 to the right, Griffin's. Long passes? 2 to the left both incomplete, 0 to the right. So the whole game, Raiders only attempted two passes of 10+ yards, got some OL issues?

West coast offense loved some short passes, but not sure about 80% of passes were behind the line of scrimmage.

chrispy

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2rgntl3i said:
What's going to get lost in this discussion is how bad the Raiders offensive line was.

First, they're coached by Tom Cable. Second, they were playing with a backup left guard, a hobbled ROOKIE left tackle, and a rookie right tackle.

Under those conditions, sure, bit guys like Jacob Martin and Brenden Jackson were going to make some hay. But it would not surprise me if Seattle goes up against a valid offensive line in Detroit in two weeks and find that its pass rush has once again been reduced to Clark and Jarran Reed. We need to see this pass rush succeed against better, healthier opponents. Every such test has pretty much silenced every pass rusher we have besides Clark and Reed.

Maybe there's something another can add to this: Does Cable's scheme (possibly) add to the unavailability of the OL players he coaches? I'm thinking back to all the linemen that were in Seattle and were consistently hurt but seemed to be able to play on other teams. I know Cable's coaching and scheme have been a consistent punching bag. I just wonder if there's another level to those frustrations. Is there something that he requires his line to do that maybe results in injuries? I seem to remember a lot of cut-blocks. Does that eventually result in more ankle injuries, either from the motion itself or from the other team cutting back? ...just curious for any insight from others more versed in the finer points of OL. I hope this is still relevant enough to Carr's chart....