With Paul Allen's passing what will happen to the Hawks?

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Will the family takeover managing the team? I do hope so. He was such a quality owner.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jody Allen his sister is his closest relative I wonder what her interests are in his enterprises, this will be a confusing several months with some trepidation of the outcome if things get split up, he has interest in multiple companies as well as the Seahawks, Blazers and Sounders.

Seymour

Reaction score
It aint good news from what I can tell. :cry: :34853_doh:

Now, there’s some debate as to what will happen to the two sports franchises Allen owns: the Seahawks and the NBA’s Portland Trail Blazers.

Allen had no spouse and no children to leave anything to.

Allen’s sister, Jody Allen, is vice-chair of First & Goal Inc. but as of Monday, it was unclear if she would want to take over ownership of the Seahawks and Trail Blazers.

A report from SportsBusinessRadio stated that Jody Allen does not want to own and run the teams and that Paul Allen’s estate would look to sell the teams.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ar-what-happens-next-with-seahawks-ownership/

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
From Vulcan.com:

Paul thoughtfully addressed how the many institutions he founded and supported would continue after he was no longer able to lead them. This isn’t the time to deal in those specifics as we focus on Paul’s family. We will continue to work on furthering Paul’s mission and the projects he entrusted to us. There are no changes imminent for Vulcan, the teams, the research institutes or museums.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":3c8mdenb said:
It aint good news from what I can tell. :cry: :34853_doh:

Now, there’s some debate as to what will happen to the two sports franchises Allen owns: the Seahawks and the NBA’s Portland Trail Blazers.

Allen had no spouse and no children to leave anything to.

Allen’s sister, Jody Allen, is vice-chair of First & Goal Inc. but as of Monday, it was unclear if she would want to take over ownership of the Seahawks and Trail Blazers.

A report from SportsBusinessRadio stated that Jody Allen does not want to own and run the teams and that Paul Allen’s estate would look to sell the teams.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...ar-what-happens-next-with-seahawks-ownership/

Oh goodness. Well this could be it, for the next few months several billionaires bidding to buy the Seahawks.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Whatever happens, it is going to be VERY difficult to find a better owner. Mr. Allen left some VERY big shoes to fill.

chris98251

Reaction score
One person I absolutely do not want to own us is Howard Schultz, all I can think about is the Oklahoma Gunslingers in 3 years. Steve Ballmer would not be a bad thought if he is a fan, would be much like Paul owning a NBA team and the Seahawks, he may not be as hands off as Paul was however.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This could end up Mariners bad where an ownership group buys the team it is it left leaderless for decades.

chris98251

Reaction score
I doubt it, Mariners have been a mess since forever, Seahawks have their own Stadium, The VMAC and Practice Facilities and make Money and are relevant.

I would think that there are people chomping at the bit for a chance at what Paul built here.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I could see his sister, Jody Allen running the Seahawks. I heard she is a fan. Definitely could see the team being put up for auction. I wonder if someone like Hanson would buy it? Jeff Bezos perhaps? Though I don’t know if he is into sports.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jody Allen could step up to the plate and let high-level Vulcan employees handle the operations if she isnt into the management aspect.

Other than that, if team is sold, I think best case scenario would be an ownership group led by someone like Chris Hansen with deep Seattle ties.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson could quit his day job as QB and step right into ownership, which he said he always wanted to do.
OK. just kidding ...
I personally hope former Great athletes of the Pacific NW get together and build/join an ownership group.
I'm thinking Detlef Schremp, Bradon Roy, ... etc.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I refuse to panic until/unless there is reason to. I have to believe Paul made plans that will work out for the team.