Solid break down on the differences between Solari and Cable

Seymour

Reaction score
Good article, thank you. Cable was bad enough to really raise the eyebrow on how and why Pete got so hornswoggled and out of touch into signing and even worse, keeping him 7 years.

I'm just glad he found Solari and not some other bonehead that puts Wilson in a wheelchair. :2thumbs:

With Solari here since 2011....we have minimum of 2 if not 3 SB wins. That is how much damage Fable did here. :pukeface:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Cable needed to go but after 2 weeks this change looked like a total, utter failure.

Now, what we're seeing is exactly what we were hoping for. It just took a few weeks for the line to forget everything Cable taught them.

Great article & thx for sharing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":28gobnwx said:
I think we can all agree that Cable needed to go but after 2 weeks this change looked like a total, utter failure.

Now, what we're seeing is exactly what we were hoping for. It just took a few weeks for the line to forget everything Cable taught them.

Great article & thx for sharing.

That failure was largely due to Pete spent the off season drafting and FA and prepping to run the ball, then he admitted that he pushed Schotty to throw the ball downfield which started the D teeing off on us. That and we always start slow it seems, plus Mack plus Miller.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Now maybe some of the Brian Schotts bashers can now see how a GOOD Offensive Line Coach like Solari, can make an Offensive Coordinator's job a LOT easier to design plays that actually work.
With Cable's Coached O-Line constantly flubbing up, is it any wonder that Darryl Bevell was having so many of his designed plays go awry?
Truth is, Russell Wilson's outstanding play masked deficiencies....A LOT OF THEM, is it any wonder that he (Wilson) hasn't appeared to have taken the next step in his development.
Thank the Football Gods for hiring of Solari :irishdrinkers:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm sure that I am in the minority, but I wouldn't have minded keeping Darrel the Devil Bevel for a year under Solari. It would have been interesting to see what he did with a half-competent line, and control of the running game.

toffee

Reaction score
Coaching by Solari obviously contributed to our current success, but there are other factors too:

1. A healthy Brown.
2. Brown's mentoring of Ifedi.
3. Development of Ifedi and Britt.
4. Addition of two veterans in Fluker and Sweezy.
5. of late, Fant played some Blocking TE. We essentially had 6 linemen for maximum potential.

Only Britt and Ifedi played the whole '17 season, Brown only half and mostly injured. We had Pocic and Joeckel as our guards last season. In short, 40% of our '18 OL are new ie guards, of the remaining 60%, Ifedi has improved and Brown's healthy. Personnel wise, we got lucky, Solari recommended Fluker, then somehow Sweezy became available ....... he was passed over by none other than Cable lol.

I did expect our OL to improve this season, but top of the league in pass blocking? this is Xmas in Octorber.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":1arti0cv said:
Good article, thank you. Cable was bad enough to really raise the eyebrow on how and why Pete got so hornswoggled and out of touch into signing and even worse, keeping him 7 years.

I'm just glad he found Solari and not some other bonehead that puts Wilson in a wheelchair. :2thumbs:

With Solari here since 2011....we have minimum of 2 if not 3 SB wins. That is how much damage Fable did here. :pukeface:

I think Marshawn hid just how ugly bad Cable was. They were never that great at pass blocking, but once Marshawn was out of the picture it went to total shyte. No running game and nothing but playground scrambles by Russ.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3lqz8k4b said:
Now maybe some of the Brian Schotts bashers can now see how a GOOD Offensive Line Coach like Solari, can make an Offensive Coordinator's job a LOT easier to design plays that actually work.
With Cable's Coached O-Line constantly flubbing up, is it any wonder that Darryl Bevell was having so many of his designed plays go awry?
Truth is, Russell Wilson's outstanding play masked deficiencies....A LOT OF THEM, is it any wonder that he (Wilson) hasn't appeared to have taken the next step in his development.
Thank the Football Gods for hiring of Solari :irishdrinkers:
The old OC was crappy period. There is a reason he still hasn’t found a job in the pros or college yet. ....and Cable was pure garbage as well. Both the former OC and O-line were the problem and were piss poor at their jobs IMHO!

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":1y0g8n6h said:
Coaching by Solari obviously contributed to our current success, but there are other factors too:

1. A healthy Brown.
5. of late, Fant played some Blocking TE. We essentially had 6 linemen for maximum potential.

Only Britt and Ifedi played the whole '17 season, Brown only half and mostly injured. We had Pocic and Joeckel as our guards last season. In short, 40% of our '18 OL are new ie guards, of the remaining 60%, Ifedi has improved and Brown's healthy. Personnel wise, we got lucky, Solari recommended Fluker, then somehow Sweezy became available ....... he was passed over by none other than Cable lol.

I did expect our OL to improve this season, but top of the league in pass blocking? this is Xmas in Octorber.

Healthy or not Brown came in looking good and Cable consistently made him look worse even after the injury was able to be played on.

Browns mentoring may have helped him but it sure didn't help at all last year and it took another Benching for him to get his shit together this year.

Britt was already a Pro Bowl mention before last year. Ge regressed last year if anything.

Sweezy is playing LG for the first time and Flucker is playing RG, both in differentb positions then they had played in before.

Fant playing TE has no effect, Dissley was block and a receiver. He was a noce fall back option if anything, that and it is not the forst time we have used a lineman as a additional blocker.

Everything about thge O line is significantly better withot Cable and Bevell here. Trying to argue that things happened to click after they left is an empty argeuement, all you have to do is look at the previous years results and how everything they touched turned to a steaming pile of poo.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2wx73lma said:
I'm sure that I am in the minority, but I wouldn't have minded keeping Darrel the Devil Bevel for a year under Solari. It would have been interesting to see what he did with a half-competent line, and control of the running game.
I’m glad we didn’t do that. Would have been 15 bubble screens a game if the old OC thought the line and TE’s could block well. That and more 2nd and 3rd and 20 drawplays. Not a fan of the horizontal passing game, it rarely works on the NFL level.
Just my opinion of course. 8)

TreeRon

Reaction score
toffee":376ocwtm said:

1. A healthy Brown.

Tell me why 3,4 & 5 aren't at least partially Solari's influence?

xray

Reaction score
Solari coaches to a players strengths.....Cable seemed to neuter players strengths ...and maybe the players just like Solari better..ya never know?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3ty1w3nc said:
Seymour":3ty1w3nc said:

I think Marshawn hid just how ugly bad Cable was. They were never that great at pass blocking, but once Marshawn was out of the picture it went to total shyte. No running game and nothing but playground scrambles by Russ.

Not totally true guys; Yes Marshawn Lynch helped to optimize Cables Blocking scheme to the max, (if I'm mistaken, please explain to me why Marshawn Lynch WASN'T "Beasting It Out" while playing for the Buffalo Bills
In 2014, Cables Cut-blocking method came under the knife, by the NFL.
In Lynch's first 3 seasons, Cable's Blocking System was golden, and in fact, WITH Cable's Blocking System, both Lynch & Wilson (with his over 600 rushing yards) were lethal.....To The Tune Of Going To Two Consecutive Super Bowls WHILE PLAYING UNDER CABLE & BEVELL.
Cable was unable to make the necessary adjustments + letting Unger go, along with a couple others who did much better playing elsewhere proved that.
"Marshawn was OUT Of The Picture" in ALL of 2015....and in that Year, Russell Wilson & Doug Baldwin LIT IT UP!...Certainly didn't look like "Total Shyte" to me.
Solari has our Running Game shining pretty good now, Kind of amazing how much better RW seems to be playing with his new O-Line Coach & Coordinator, eh?

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1xpoeu8k said:
StoneCold":1xpoeu8k said:
Seymour":1xpoeu8k said:

Not totally true guys; Yes Marshawn Lynch helped to optimize Cables Blocking scheme to the max, (if I'm mistaken, please explain to me why Marshawn Lynch WASN'T "Beasting It Out" while playing for the Buffalo Bills
In Lynch's first 3 seasons, Cable's Blocking System was golden, and in fact, WITH Cable's Blocking System, both Lynch & Wilson (with his over 600 rushing yards) were lethal.....To The Tune Of Going To Two Consecutive Super Bowls WHILE PLAYING UNDER CABLE & BEVELL.
Cable was unable to make the necessary adjustments + letting Unger go, along with a couple others who did much better playing elsewhere proved that.
"Marshawn was OUT Of The Picture" in ALL of 2015....and in that Year, Russell Wilson & Doug Baldwin LIT IT UP!...Certainly didn't look like "Total Shyte" to me.
Solari has our Running Game shining pretty good now, Kind of amazing how much better RW seems to be playing with his new O-Line Coach & Coordinator, eh?

Just imagine Lynch behind the line we have now in his prime.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3tp1psgy said:
scutterhawk":3tp1psgy said:
StoneCold":3tp1psgy said:
Seymour":3tp1psgy said:

Just imagine Lynch behind the line we have now in his prime.

Lynch didn't have it so bad. He had a top 10 run blocking line a couple years, just polar opposite in pass blocking. Also Lynch was aided heavily by the Wilson threat to run and Russ's run production.

D

DomeHawk

Some really good points made here, even so early in the season it is clear that Cable was not living up to his hype. It would drive me nuts when every year he would have his first news conference and talk about how good this new group was. I don't know why he even gave them, it was almost totally verbatim every single year.

toffee

Reaction score
For the past few years, I always felt like our OL was on highway to hell. At the point, six games into 2018 season, finally I felt like we have find the stairway, looking at clear blue sky and beyond, climbing out of hell.