The Hawks must win in the trenches.

xray

Reaction score
The OL & DL are getting healthy and hitting on all cylinders...if they can stay healthy they can maul their way to 10-6. IMO :irishdrinkers:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If they continue to play like they did against the Rams and Raiders then there is no reason why we couldn't go from the 7-9 that seemed likely to at least 9-7, maybe squeak in that 10-6 record.

BeaHUman

Reaction score
I thought early on that if they can bring the newbies up to speed , beating last years record was a possibility.
We will see in the next few weeks.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I remember at about this time during the 2013 season, I commented on a thread similar to this about how there wasn’t enough offense in this kind of philosophy to beat the Broncos, a team that set offensive records that season. Kip Earlywine, aka Kearly, responded to my post saying that Pete’s philosophy- an efficient, ball control offense and aggressive, press coverage defense- was precisely the formula that it takes to beat a team like the Broncos.

Now, our defense isn’t there yet, I get it. But what we are rebuilding this defense into, and therefore this team, is the blueprint to mitigate the effectiveness of the pass happy spread offenses.

We can do this, again, and there is now compelling evidence that we are indeed heading in that very direction.

I love it!

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":13x2oqao said:
I remember at about this time during the 2013 season, I commented on a thread similar to this about how there wasn’t enough offense in this kind of philosophy to beat the Broncos, a team that set offensive records that season. Kip Earlywine, aka Kearly, responded to my post saying that Pete’s philosophy- an efficient, ball control offense and aggressive, press coverage defense- was precisely the formula that it takes to beat a team like the Broncos.

Now, our defense isn’t there yet, I get it. But what we are rebuilding this defense into, and therefore this team, is the blueprint to mitigate the effectiveness of the pass happy spread offenses.

We can do this, again, and there is now compelling evidence that we are indeed heading in that very direction.

I love it!

That face you make if Seattle goes 13-3 this year.
Link raep face by linkrapefaceplz

toffee

Reaction score
xray":1aliwgkn said:
The OL & DL are getting healthy and hitting on all cylinders...if they can stay healthy they can maul their way to 10-6. IMO :irishdrinkers:

DL:
If Green and Dion can both and healthy and productive, and Poona develop into a run stopper. Our Defense could be pretty good, We may need a bit of depth but pretty damn good.

OL:
I am liking Fant as blocking TE, finding a TE that block as well as Fant would be really hard, and we have Fant. If opportunity present itself, would love to sign another FA OT. Our line need depth and that FA OT also allows Fant to play more BTE.