A Perpetual Weakness Now A Strength?

Do the Seahawks now have one of the best OL's in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Hmm. Read my comments

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Could it be? Do we have one of the better OL's in the NFL currently?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
My response is, not one of the best. But refreshingly, not one of the worst. Possibly above average, which is both a long-sought goal and a stinging indictment of rhymes-with-unable.

Zeearend

Reaction score
GeekHawk":vd3llc6w said:
My response is, not one of the best. But refreshingly, not one of the worst. Possibly above average, which is both a long-sought goal and a stinging indictment of rhymes-with-unable.

:ditto:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":17ubddot said:
Could it be? Do we have one of the better OL's in the NFL currently?

I would say at this point the O lIne has made the biggest jump in the league from bottom to around average, those who have watched the last few years can see the difference in just the Backs able to get to the hole without getting hit and Wilson able to make those deep passes pretty cleanly due to the ability to actually run the ball for good average. The other part is you know it is the line since all of the backs have had a level of success.

Beren

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1l7rn6rz said:

Well put.

sutz

Reaction score
Not ready to talk in superlatives yet. Still a limited body of work, so to speak.

They have climbed out of the cellar for now, but let's see a few more games.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'd say they are right around average, possibly above average which is all this offense needs to work. Allows them some breathing room to get the younger guys up to speed and not thrown to the wolves.

Seymour

Reaction score
Love what I'm seeing, but given the first 2 weeks I'd say lets hold the celebration and see how they perform against a formidable defense again.

lukerguy

Reaction score
How many SBs did the Seahawks miss out on because of Cable?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":ip2abkm6 said:
Love what I'm seeing, but given the first 2 weeks I'd say lets hold the celebration and see how they perform against a formidable defense again.

Bingo.

I've been super impressed with how the line's played since Fluker started playing and Sweezy moved to LG, but we've also played two terrible D-lines the last two weeks........and Russell was running for his life against Denver and Chicago's very good D-lines.

So ask me again in a month.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":k3bjn56o said:

Formidable defences in the future? You mean the Vikings and .....?

I think we need to worry more about the formidable offences in the future. Our OL will do fine against most of the teams on our list.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not one of the best, yet. But certainly improving big time. Just look at the numbers since they put Fluker and Sweezy in as the guards. It's night and day, especially the rushing numbers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":hyahv6xe said:
Seymour":hyahv6xe said:

I think we need to worry more about the formidable offences in the future. Our OL will do fine against most of the teams on our list.

You're right, but the Rams, Packers, Vikings and Panthers all are in the top 15 in rush defense. So it's a valid point.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":qy727u1l said:
Seymour":qy727u1l said:

We are talking about our offensive line. Rams, Packers, and Vikings all have top 10 Dlines that will test them.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We have one of the best RUN Blocking O-lines in the league. And we’re average at pass blocking. The running game is forcing D-lineman to hesitate before trying to tee off on Russ. If we were a pass first team, I suspect our O-line would struggle mightily.

That said, we’re definitely top 10 now when you consider run and pass blocking. And that’s a huge improvement

kidhawk

Reaction score
I agree with what most have said in this thread. We've come a long way in a short time this year, but we still have a ways to go.

I know that statistically we are a VERY good Pass blocking line, but my eye test doesn't fit that narrative. I believe our run blocking is what has fueled or offensive efficiency so far this season, and as long as we are able to run the ball well, we should be in every game, but if we get into a shootout where we are passing 2/1 over running, I think we'll be in trouble and see a lot more Wilson running for his life.

With that said, I think we can continue this solid running attack and take advantage of teams stacking the box to stop the run with a few well timed deep passes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Our OLine is not a weakness anymore, well at least not to the same degree as it was under Cable. There is still a long way to go until it could be said to be a strength or anywhere near close to being elite.

The above being said I am very happy with the direction things are moving towards.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We've played some crap teams.. I mean really bad teams, so it's hard to say. How did we do against the Rams?

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":126u3f2e said:
We've played some crap teams.. I mean really bad teams, so it's hard to say. How did we do against the Rams?

Better then anyone else.