Advice please Viking’s at CLink

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
Hi all
Four of us UK Hawks planning a trip over to see the Vikings game and then down to San Francisco for the 49ers
We are looking to do it as cheap as possible, we are finding flights that get us in to Seatac at 12.35 on the day of the Vikings game.
Our questions:

Is it feasible to manage a 12.35 landing, get into Seattle to an Air BnB and on to Century Link in reasonable time for the game???

We are suprised at the 5.15 Pacific time start, could the game be flexed? Is this start time firmly fixed?

Anyone know a decent AirBnB near Century Link?

3 of us have done Gameday at Century Link before but in a much more relaxed schedule, so would like any advice or re-assurances going.

We are planning to fly down to SF, any recommendations on Hawks meet up pre game for the 49ers and where best to be in their stadium

Many thanks in advance

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's Monday night game so it won't be flexed. You should have enough time assuming your flight isn't delayed, but SeaTac has had huge problems lately with delays so take that into account.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny story from back when I had season tix. Came to a game and chatted a bit with some of the local seats. Seems they didn't have their usual Seahawks swag on and I asked why. The lady said well, they were traveling locally or something and had forgot them at home, so they wore jerseys and jackets from the local College Team, the UW Huskies.

Oops, and locals know what is coming. The Vikings were in town and Husky colors are, of course, purple and gold.

So, don't do that. :twisted:

geoffn

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm UK based and due to be attending that game with my friend who is a Vikes fan ( booo ).

We are flying down from Vancouver but could arrange to meet up before or after the game ?

Geoff.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There is a train from the airport to downtown that gets you there in about 30 min or so from what I recall.
I know of no cheap places to stay downtown but I don't air BnB much. if we are flying out of Seatac we usually stay near the airport and train in for the game.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
wife and I do VRBO.com. (vacation rental by owner) quick check of that site I found this.

https://www.vrbo.com/4842405ha

Not sure what your days are or what you consider cheap, but $156 a night for 4 people seems reasonable.

OP
OP
G

GlastoHawkUK

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, flights booked, it’s a tight schedule, I think its a Grudden style travel plan.
We are of to San Francisco next day, I will probably put a separate post for advice on that one.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Get a VRBO/AirBnB within walking distance of a Link Light Rail station anywhere between Tukwila and International District (best station for CenturyLink access). You should be able to get something near the Beacon Hill station at Lander & Beacon for $99-$140 or around International District for a little more.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I recommend taking the Light Rail from the airport which will drop you off across the street from The Clink. 30 minute ride. I think it is 8 minutes between trains so there won't be a long wait for a train. A thought is to stay near the airport. Many hotels in that area offer shuttles to/from the airport. Light rail is less than $4 each way.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Nothing against Uber but there's a ton of extra time if you're landing at 12:35 PM for a Monday night football game.

mikeak

Reaction score
AgentDib":3bjxo6mo said:
Nothing against Uber but there's a ton of extra time if you're landing at 12:35 PM for a Monday night football game.

Yes - to make the game

Not to dump bags, take a shower after a long flight and then enjoy the city for a few hours before a night game. There is truly not a lot of better things than going out and enjoying that atmosphere

$35-$40 for an UBER. $16 for four people taking the train. Difference of $20 and not having to walk to the train station etc

To each their own but if I fly across the Atlantic I spend the extra $20 because I am tired and want to get one more hour in the city

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
GlastoHawkUK":4pq8lj9p said:
Hi all
Four of us UK Hawks planning a trip over to see the Vikings game and then down to San Francisco for the 49ers
We are looking to do it as cheap as possible, we are finding flights that get us in to Seatac at 12.35 on the day of the Vikings game.
Our questions:

Is it feasible to manage a 12.35 landing, get into Seattle to an Air BnB and on to Century Link in reasonable time for the game???

We are suprised at the 5.15 Pacific time start, could the game be flexed? Is this start time firmly fixed?

Anyone know a decent AirBnB near Century Link?

3 of us have done Gameday at Century Link before but in a much more relaxed schedule, so would like any advice or re-assurances going.

We are planning to fly down to SF, any recommendations on Hawks meet up pre game for the 49ers and where best to be in their stadium

Many thanks in advance

Your cheapest and quickest bet is the La Quinta by the airport, it's right on the light rail line and It's a 40min train ride to the Clink. This is the cheapest and quickest way I've found to fly in for a game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd say stay in an AirBnB or hotel near SeaTac and take the Link Rail train to the stadium or downtown, approx. a 30 minute ride, and inexpensive. With a good host, you can be into your digs in under an hour from flight arrival, and some hosts will even pick you up at the airport.

As an example of logistics of getting to CLink from SeaTac for a football game... a Sounders game example. The other football. The kind with the round ball and the sometimes nauseating spectacle of players rolling around on the ground to emphasize how much a tackle (foul) hurt them. Contrast that to pointy football where players pop right up after a vicious hit to emphasize that it tweren't nothin and the hit was too weak to hurt them. I digress... the logistics...

I'm going to a Sounders soccer game at the CLink tomorrow at 1:30pm, and staying in an AirBnB in the SeaTac area near the Link Rail. Starting from the morning...
1000am leave our SeaTac area AirBnB around 10am-ish, 5 minutes to Link Rail,
1015am Board Link Rail, 30-ish minute ride to the Stadium area,
1100am Arrive at stadium area, disembark at International District stop, walk to Pioneer Square area
1115am Visit Sounders/Seahawks bars in Pioneer Square, watch Seahawks vs. Detroit game,
1200pm At noon join, up with the Sounders March to the Match, march to Clink with the group,
1300pm Enter the stadium by 1pm to be in our seats for 1:30pm kickoff.
1330pm Kickoff
1600pm Game over, depart stadium
1610pm Board Link Rail, return to where vehicle is parked
1700pm Arrive in SeaTac area, back to our vehicle

Generally speaking, I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get on the Link Rail train. Also, after the match, it avoids the hassless of parking and traffic and is the best way to get back out of the stadium area and the crowds. Trains run every few minutes. It's under $10 or so IIRC per person for the round trip.

Hope that helps; much of the timing and transport logistics should be similar to getting to a Seahawks game at the CLink from the SeaTac airport area.