We have lost our 3 games by a total of 12 points.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Think about that for a second.

We have lost two road games. One against a pretty good team on the road who has a great defense. The other loss was in a venue that is known to be difficult to play against one of the top three pass rushers in the league. We lost these two games by a TOTAL of 10 points.

We lost one home game against a team that seems to be the most complete team in the league and the hands on favorite to win the SB. We lost by 2 points and we even had a chance to win at the end.

This is my fan equivalent of first world problems. This team.... well....sucks.... compared to the teams we have grown accustomed to watching these last 6 years or so. How fortunate are we when our crappiest team in 8 years is twelve points away from being undefeated? Like Aros has stated, I’m actually just enjoying the games more without the superlative expectations I’ve had in the past. A loss doesn’t seem like some blown opportunity derailing an off season of hype to me this year.

I have no idea what our final record will be at the end of the year, but I have be that feeling that every game will be somewhat competitive this year. We may lose big in LA, but I expect to be in every other game this year. If that is a team that sucks, then I hope we realize how awesome it is to be a Hawks fan right now.

What has been hard the past few years is seeing a team that you love in decline, still great, but on a downward trajectory. This team, while clearly not as good, seems to have an upward trajectory, which in many ways is just as exciting to watch. We have a tough schedule ahead, but I’m looking forward to an improving team regardless of wins and losses.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":3a8hbnli said:

We have lost two road games. One against a pretty good team on the road who has a great defense. The other loss was in a venue that is known to be difficult to play against one of the top three pass rushers in the league. We lost these two games by a TOTAL of 10 points.

We lost one home game against a team that seems to be the most complete team in the league and the hands on favorite to win the SB. We lost by 2 points and we even had a chance to win at the end.

This is my fan equivalent of first world problems. This team.... well....sucks.... compared to the teams we have grown accustomed to watching these last 6 years or so. How fortunate are we when our crappiest team in 8 years is twelve points away from being undefeated? Like Aros has stated, I’m actually just enjoying the games more without the superlative expectations I’ve had in the past. A loss doesn’t seem like some blown opportunity derailing an off season of hype to me this year.

I have no idea what our final record will be at the end of the year, but I have be that feeling that every game will be somewhat competitive this year. We may lose big in LA, but I expect to be in every other game this year. If that is a team that sucks, then I hope we realize how awesome it is to be a Hawks fan right now.

What has been hard the past few years is seeing a team that you love in decline, still great, but on a downward trajectory. This team, while clearly not as good, seems to have an upward trajectory, which in many ways is just as exciting to watch. We have a tough schedule ahead, but I’m looking forward to an improving team regardless of wins and losses.

In before. . .

"all that matters is wins"
"a good coach would have won each of those games"
"Russ, if turned loose, would have been the difference in those 12 points"

Or something like that.

But, I agree completely, my pilot friend. This feels like a team that can upset the apple cart for any team this year. It's exciting to actually see a couple rushing TDs, a lot of rushing yards and O-line performance, and some of the new guys stepping up.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
12 points? That's cute. I'm only one winning lotto ticket away from being filthy rich.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3tguupol said:
12 points? That's cute. I'm only one winning lotto ticket away from being filthy rich.

Tough Crowd.

I guess my point was that teams that truly suck don't hang in there like we do. I think its more than cute that we can battle with the elite teams in the NFL and give them a run for the money. All while having a team that many thought would suck.

And if you missed the lottery by 12 numbers, you would have a hell of a bar story, I was just telling mine.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":18yko4yx said:
"Filthy Rich"?....Hell, I've got the "Filthy" gig goin' on, now all I gotta do is find some mega wealthy person to leave me with a fortune when they pass on. :p

seedhawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":33ltjo8x said:

Said the man who takes his dumps on a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg.

Seafan

Reaction score
That observation is not lost on those who have paid attention. This team IS better than last year simply because last year they weren't competitive down the stretch and didn't really belong on the field. They were unwatchable for the first time during the Carroll era. I think that hit home to Pete. So what if they had hit those field goals and finished 11-5. They would have been trashed in the first round. They truly sucked. Thank God they fell out or we might still be stuck with last year's coaching staff. The Hawks are back on the right path, embracing what PC has shown is a winning strategy.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
rjdriver":2pbf4jva said:

The losses have been close which is a sign of some positives. It’s still too early to gauge the real trajectory of this years team because the 3 wins have come over teams who currently have records that combined equal to 5-15. The next three weeks @ Detroit, home vs Chargers and @ Rams will be a good barometer for the remainder of this season. The combined record of those 3 opponents is currently 15-5. If you’re planning on playing in January you are going to have to beat those types.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What I took away from it is that we had 4th quarter leads at Denver and against the Rams. On the road at Chicago we had a 4th quarter opportunity for a game-tying score. Yes, the pick-6 Russ threw at Chicago instantly made it a two-score game.

ALL of our games have been competitive right to the end, with the exception of our blowout of the Raiders.

What more can we reasonably ask as fans? I'm in!!

Plus, this team looks like it will follow the more typical Pete trajectory of becoming stronger, relative to the rest of the league, as the season goes on. A Pete Carroll team that makes the playoffs as a wildcard, and is playing lights out, with a power running game and an excellent D, and a veteran playmaking QB? Look out!!

Remember the 84 Seahawks 9-7 team that made it to the AFC Championship Game?

xray

Reaction score
Last month..last week...last year...doesn't matter....it's what they do Sunday...I hope the players are not thinking about the past and concentrating on the Lions instead...IMO

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3p81bw1z said:
rjdriver":3p81bw1z said:

In before. . .

"all that matters is wins"
"a good coach would have won each of those games"
"Russ, if turned loose, would have been the difference in those 12 points"

Or something like that.

But, I agree completely, my pilot friend. This feels like a team that can upset the apple cart for any team this year. It's exciting to actually see a couple rushing TDs, a lot of rushing yards and O-line performance, and some of the new guys stepping up.

So, by all accounts...we could be the Spoilers.....I can deal with that. It is a FASCINATING time to be a Seahawks fan...again.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3s5eam11 said:
BirdsCommaAngry":3s5eam11 said:
"Filthy Rich"?....Hell, I've got the "Filthy" gig goin' on, now all I gotta do is find some mega wealthy person to leave me with a fortune when they pass on. :p

Sounds like you have a plan to expedite that situation to me. :shock:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You just described the entire NFL, it's a parity league with the large majority of games within a TD at the end.

It's why teams like the Hawks this year just might be looking back at all these close losses as to why we didn't make the playoffs..........or HOPEFULLY looking back on our close wins as to why we made the playoffs.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
This is significant.

Seattle had 4th quarter leads over the Rams and Broncos, and had the ball down by one score in the 4th quarter versus the Bears.

Two of Seattle's three wins they've looked dominant.

And on top of all that, the Rams have had double digit 4th quarter leads over every team we've played except Seattle.

And Seattle is the only team thus far to even hold a 4th quarter lead on the Rams.

Seahawks have played very well thus far and seem right in the thick of things to get a wildcard.