Let's give Ifedi some love, Brown too.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been calling Ifedi our team's "problem child" since his first season, someone that looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ..... but can't swim like a duck. But hey, after being singled out as "real disappointed" by Pete during the training camp, with help from his mentor Brown and coach Solari, Ifedi has transformed into a ..... I can't even believe it ..... a top RT!!
LT Duane Brown and RT Germain Ifedi rank as the fifth-best pass-blocking tackle duo in the National Football League, according to ESPN. The ranking is based on the platform's new Pass Block Win Rate metric, which analyzes how well an offensive lineman can hold a block for 2.5 seconds or longer.
Brown and Ifedi have Pass Block Win Rates of 87 and 83 percent, respectively -- both grades well within the top half of tackles in the NFL. The Los Angeles Rams, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills are the only teams with tackle duos rated higher than the Seahawks.
Wait a minute, Ifedi rated 83? almost unthinkable.

Brown and Idefi are currently the 5th best pass blocking tackle duo, got to praise Ifedi for his improvement and progress. Progresses are seldom linear, so some setback might be unavoidable, but I am overjoyed by lights in the end of tunnel.

Go Ifedi!!

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahaw ... 326967.php

DJrmb

Reaction score
This is really good stuff, thank you for posting. If nothing else it shows they are on the right track and improving rather than regressing. I think that was one of the most maddening things the past few seasons was seeing the team on a regressing track rather than progressing. Right now I feel like almost every area of the team is in a progressing state.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
DJrmb":2oeld8ju said:
This is really good stuff, thank you for posting. If nothing else it shows they are on the right track and improving rather than regressing. I think that was one of the most maddening things the past few seasons was seeing the team on a regressing track rather than progressing. Right now I feel like almost every area of the team is in a progressing state.

I gave credit to Earl, when he middle fingered at the team from across the field, we ain't the same ever since. If the football God were to bless us with a deep playoff run this season, that finger shall be remembered as the pilot hole that released a volcano.

sutz

Reaction score
This is why you don't condemn rookie OL. It took Ifedi 3 years, and IIRC, that's about average. ;)

Of course, it helps him to have decent guard play next to him too. We had consecutive years where we shuffled guys around all over and started young and very young players. There's a reason that most of the great coaches over the years don't care for rookie OL. They like guys who have been around a few years.

xray

Reaction score
Ifedi is not the brightest bulb on the tree I suspect the rest of the OL gave him a "blanket party" . Brown held him down. LOL

D

DomeHawk

Ifedi's development can be attributed to the fact that he will be coming up on a contract year.

Sac

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1q3dhxyc said:
Ifedi's development can be attributed to the fact that he will be coming up on a contract year.

Ifedi's development can be attributed to the fact that Cable isn't here anymore and he's actually got someone who can teach him how to play at an NFL level.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
When Ifedi was bad, we all were hard and negative on Ifedi, he earned it and deserved it.
When Ifedi is finally good, we all should be nice and positive on Ifedi, he earned it and deserves it.

Do you all think that it's easy to go from the worst to top 5 or 10 in the league? really?

my 2p.

D

DomeHawk

toffee":2x44o364 said:
When Ifedi was bad, we all were hard and negative on Ifedi, he earned it and deserved it.
When Ifedi is finally good, we all should be nice and positive on Ifedi, he earned it and deserves it.

Do you all think that it's easy to go from the worst to top 5 or 10 in the league? really?

my 2p.

It's not nearly as hard when you are actually trying.

Polk738

Reaction score
Let's not forget this guy was the most penalized player in the league last year, think about that for a second-the most penalized guy in the league, most notably false starts and holding is now a top 5 tackle-is it any debate now that Cable is the common denominator for compulsive crappiness?

HawkFreak

Reaction score
toffee":2tm6uuz0 said:
I gave credit to Earl, when he middle fingered at the team from across the field, we ain't the same ever since. If the football God were to bless us with a deep playoff run this season, that finger shall be remembered as the pilot hole that released a volcano.

Then there should be a push to "BuildTheFinger" alongside "BuildTheTip"

chris98251

Reaction score
Sac":wvay4lde said:
DomeHawk":wvay4lde said:

Ifedi's development can be attributed to the fact that Cable isn't here anymore and he's actually got someone who can teach him how to play at an NFL level.

This is the thread in a nutshell and for the whole line in general.

D

DomeHawk

It's obvious that getting rid of Cable played a part in Ifedi's recent development BUT it is a recent development and I am the type to wait-and-see. And, I don't think Ifedi's constant false starts were necessarily the result of coaching. He's been a serious head case but anyone can change if they want to bad enough. Let's hope this continues.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
HawkFreak":3tnvwt98 said:
toffee":3tnvwt98 said:

Then there should be a push to "BuildTheFinger" alongside "BuildTheTip"

Totally crowd fund that bronze statue, our new owner Jody Allen's an artsy type .... she might allow it?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":1iv3ugoh said:
DJrmb":1iv3ugoh said:

WTF??? ^ :229031_confused2: Where the hell do youse guys come up with this weird sh*t?

Ifedi served his Rookie time under the Tom Cable Fool-School Coaching, where a Rook LEARNS the basics of NFL PLAY.
Cable goes away & Ifedi drastically improves.....Hmmm , Go Figger.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
No need for me to acknowledge him.
I figured it would take a few years for him to develop.
He is playing as I expected in year 3.

mort

Reaction score
Sac":x2vvk0wl said:
DomeHawk":x2vvk0wl said:

+ Brown IM(sometimes)HO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
While Ifedi and Brown (and the rest of the O-line) deserve a round of applause, I think most of the credit goes directly to Cable not being here.
PERIOD

Seafan

Reaction score
Practice makes perfect. These younger guys are taking longer to get right because of decreasing practice reps. Tackle isn't an easy position to play. Britt started as a rookie right tackle in the Super Bowl. He wasn't ready either. College blockers aren't the same, their games are different from the NFL. It is what it is. If you are lucky to pick 5 starters from top 15 draft picks you might be able to develop a solid line faster but it isn't a guarantee. It takes reps. The team needs to keep this group together as long as they can.

sc85sis

Reaction score
toffee":yfk3v78x said:
I have been calling Ifedi our team's "problem child" since his first season, someone that looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ..... but can't swim like a duck. But hey, after being singled out as "real disappointed" by Pete during the training camp, with help from his mentor Brown and coach Solari, Ifedi has transformed into a ..... I can't even believe it ..... a top RT!!
LT Duane Brown and RT Germain Ifedi rank as the fifth-best pass-blocking tackle duo in the National Football League, according to ESPN. The ranking is based on the platform's new Pass Block Win Rate metric, which analyzes how well an offensive lineman can hold a block for 2.5 seconds or longer.
Brown and Ifedi have Pass Block Win Rates of 87 and 83 percent, respectively -- both grades well within the top half of tackles in the NFL. The Los Angeles Rams, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills are the only teams with tackle duos rated higher than the Seahawks.
Wait a minute, Ifedi rated 83? almost unthinkable.

Brown and Idefi are currently the 5th best pass blocking tackle duo, got to praise Ifedi for his improvement and progress. Progresses are seldom linear, so some setback might be unavoidable, but I am overjoyed by lights in the end of tunnel.

Go Ifedi!!

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahaw ... 326967.php

He's improved a lot. I credit Solari and Brown, but I think Fluker also gets some credit. And really, having the same combo on the line for four straight games doesn't exactly hurt either. There's been a whole lot of discontinuity on the line for years--partially due to injuries and partially due to desperately trying to find the right combo of guys.