Jake Heaps’ Film Room: The state of the Seahawks’ offense at

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jake Heaps’ Film Room: The state of the Seahawks’ offense at 3-3

The Seahawks are preparing to make their return to the field following their Week 7 bye, taking a 3-3 record into Detroit on Sunday to face the Lions, another 3-3 team.

With the extra week off between games, 710 ESPN Seattle contributor and former Seahawks quarterback Jake Heaps was able to take a closer look at Seattle’s offense and break down how things are progressing under new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.

In the attached video, Heaps shows how pre-snap adjustments by Russell Wilson and the offense are setting the Seahawks up to be successful, such as in a 23-yard pass play from Russell Wilson to tight end Tyrone Swoopes in Seattle’s win over the Raiders in London.

[youtube]5bp05LA-bt8[/youtube]

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/537539/he ... s-offense/

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Nice. I’d love to hear some “why now” comments too. I mean suddenly Russell can read defenses and adjust protections. What changes were made that have led to this? Is it the offensive line understanding their responsibilities? Does it have to do with getting the plays called in enough time to survey the defense? Are they trusting Russell more? What ever it is I’m stoked it’s working.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2gvvwfsw said:
Nice. I’d love to hear some “why now” comments too. I mean suddenly Russell can read defenses and adjust protections. What changes were made that have led to this? Is it the offensive line understanding their responsibilities? Does it have to do with getting the plays called in enough time to survey the defense? Are they trusting Russell more? What ever it is I’m stoked it’s working.

I think it's because Tom Cable is gone. My theory is that Cable was one of those "You can't change things at the line of scrimmage or my run coordinating falls a apart!" I believe it was Todd Haley that had those rules for Rapistberger.

Now we've got a line coach that just focuses on his job and on making his players better, and an Offensive Coordinator that has been called the "Quarterback Whisperer" by multiple sources.

I believe that Schottenheimer is a great OC, but has had garbage QBs, head coaches, or offensive lines in his past, and that has held him back. Now he's got a head coach and GM that are dedicated to helping him get his job done to the best of his abilities.

The offense has been slow to come together because of Pete's hormones and having them passing in the first 2 games when they were going up against the 2 of the best pass rushing DE/LBs in the NFL. Idiotic. The offensive line hadn't gelled yet, the running backs weren't used to the scheme yet, the QB and WRs were stilling figuring it out, and this OL was built for the run.

If we had run a lot during those first 2 games, we would have a winning record right now.

Marty Schottenheimer was one of the best coaches the NFL has ever seen, and he was whisper close to the Superbowl a couple of times. "Marty ball" was described as running the ball a lot, and I believe his son has learned well, and with this team, can now gain the confidence to show how good he can really be.