Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pete Carroll

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Pete Carroll
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:51 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:Just trying to figure out who some of you think you are on here? You're posters with opinions just like the rest of us, and guess what, not everybody agrees with you.r opinions.

I've been calling for Petes head for 3 years now and could care less what you think of it. I don't like his coaching style , never have since SC. I appreciate the SB win, blame him whole heartedly for the SB loss, and the decline of the team in the years after. So flame away, I'm sure I'll find a way to go on with life..

Well, that's funny isn't it? You don't like his coaching style, yet he's the only one who's ever given the Hawks fans a SB win to appreciate and celebrate. I blame him completely for that win. :lol: Kind of a tough pill to swallow for you, huh? But it's a positive that you see at least some value in it. . .

It's perfect that whatever coaching style you do like isn't Pete's. This last decade as a whole has included the most entertaining Seahawks football ever.

Your opinion will continue to be flamed as long as you (and others) call for the winning-est coach in Seahawks History to be fired; it disguises you--a fan, supposedly--as a troll, even if your intentions are good. I guess you'll deserve every bit of what you get. :229031_shrug:
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Detroit sucks?

Vikings? Packers? Do they suck too?

This place....

They lost to the Jets, 49ers, and Cowboys and are now trading their best players. They arent good.

Packers have issues. They have a HoF QB and thats about it. They just traded Pro Bowl Safety Clinton-Dix and Ty Montgomery and seem confused. They will beat people based on Rodgers alone, but they are down this year.

Vikings will end up being the best team in that division when the dust clears, but they are finding themselves right now with Cousins and they still beat the teams they should for the most part (Bills game was an anomaly). They will be hard to beat.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:08 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
    :2thumbs:

Image What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.

If we lose, the excuses will be entertaining though. I'm trying to imagine what you'll blame it on,,,,,injuries, coaching, weather, youth, emotions, etc,,,,. Its never a better team beating us. We beat ourselves is always the answer.

If the Seahawks win, someone will look like,,,, :moon.:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:09 am
  • chris98251 wrote:They had a huge amount of question marks coming into this season, Pete sticking his nose in the offense was a problem, Cables system and coaching was a problem, Bevell's play calling and noodle back bone was a problem. Pissed off players due to the previous issues were a problem, Letting pissed of players go was looked at as a problem due to who would be replacing them then we had injured players, not just injured but career ending injured players.

Just about every one of those problems have been fixed with maybe the exception of the depth we have, that will come. With all those issues and changes and where we are and what we have shown how can anyone say we have a Front Office or head coaching issue ?

Good Post!

Pete isn’t perfect, nor is the FO, but they are still doing it better than it’s ever been done here before.

I was very happy with what I saw on Sunday and hope the team can keep it going and get stronger. I have little reason to think they won’t t get better.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:38 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.

Image What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.

If we lose, the excuses will be entertaining though. I'm trying to imagine what you'll blame it on,,,,,injuries, coaching, weather, youth, emotions, etc,,,,. Its never a better team beating us. We beat ourselves is always the answer.

If the Seahawks win, someone will look like,,,, :moon.:

If the Seahawks win then they will finally have beaten a decent team which will be great. Nothing more.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 am
  • And there we have it. Already making excuses or downplaying why/how the Hawks will win. It's clearly NEVER because they are just a really good football team. Fair enough. Is it that hard for you to enjoy something? Like a win, regardless who they play????
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:50 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Vikings will end up being the best team in that division when the dust clears, but they are finding themselves right now with Cousins and they still beat the teams they should for the most part (Bills game was an anomaly). They will be hard to beat.

Again weird that you'll give other teams a pass but don't extend the same generosity to your own team?

NO ONE who watched the Hawks game and Vikings game this past weekend would say that the Vikings look like a better team than the Hawks at this point in the season. Two straight losses at home, one to arguably the worst team in the league, and the Saints made them look like they didn't even belong on the same field.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 am
  • Good point. Making excuses for losses for other teams. All while downplaying wins for your own team? :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:37 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And there we have it. Already making excuses or downplaying why/how the Hawks will win. It's clearly NEVER because they are just a really good football team. Fair enough. Is it that hard for you to enjoy something? Like a win, regardless who they play????

Speaking of which....been awhile since I felt compelled to re-watch a game for fun but the Detroit game is a great rainy day re-watch suggestion. I enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around!! :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:Calling for him to be fired and saying the game had passed him by was wrong. Disparagingly referring to “Pete Ball” was wrong.

This isn't what people are referring to as "Pete Ball". Pete ball an offensive philosophy that ignored the short and immediate routes for low percentage long balls. That is what we played since 2015. This brand of football is distinctly different from even our Super Bowl winning ball. Lot of under the center running/passing, and motion that wasn't there before before. Our usage of TE's has also been completely different under Schottenheimer. We're also using a lot more short routes. Our offense is starting to look much different than anything under Bevell or Bates. I wonder if more control was given to Schottenheimer?

The thing with Pete that you always have to look out for though is a regression to the mean. Carroll always has the tendency to go back to the fk it im going deep sort of offense. His deal is he just needs to stay out of the offense and let his offensive coordinator handle things. When he does that we're fine, when he interferes we can't get out of our own way. Most people don't mind a run dominated offense, what they do mind is a passing game that ignores everything but one aspect, an offense that lacks nuance. That isn't this offense right now.

Wow. This is a very insightful post. Let's see how a few more games play out, but yes, I think Schottenheimer has a different take on the run first offense than what we saw before. We're putting up a lot of points. Pete's not perfect but I like him as a coach and am thrilled with what the team has accomplished this season.
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:This is not Pete ball, and not what Carroll has been doing for years. "Pete Ball" was a moniker that was used to mock his offenses. He was abandoning the run even when it was working, and using long developing plays, and deep passes. He was also completely ignoring the play action until the RAMS games. Right now we're running the ball close to 60 percent of the time, and we're using a lot of short passes to move the chains. This is the antithesis to what Pete has been doing since 2015 and to some extent 2014. This looks more like Holmgren during 2005, and less like an offense that belongs in the 70s.

I will attest to this! I was the first here to coin the phrase "Pete Ball" (here) and that is exactly what myself and others were talking about.
    Don't need to dwell as Pete is finally letting go of that sad notion, but to be clear, that is exactly what people are talking about when they say "Pete Ball"....being hell bent to throw deep when you have no time to do so = 3 and out.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 am
  • Nice, finishing up my replay as well. I usually will chip away at a replay as the week goes on after wins. Funny how much stuff I see, when it's after the fact, in a game I just watched a few days prior.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Again weird that you'll give other teams a pass but don't extend the same generosity to your own team?

NO ONE who watched the Hawks game and Vikings game this past weekend would say that the Vikings look like a better team than the Hawks at this point in the season. Two straight losses at home, one to arguably the worst team in the league, and the Saints made them look like they didn't even belong on the same field.

What are you expecting or want me to say, that I think the Seahawks are awesome and going to the Super Bowl or something? Sorry I hold the Vikings in a higher esteem than Seattle right now. Losing to the Saints is a bad showing? My God, they are 6-1 right now. How about Seattle barely beating the Cardinals? Vikings did a lot better against them than we did. We lost to the Broncos who are wretched this year. We beat up on the worst team in the league in the Raiders (not arguably) and beat the hapless Cowboys. Our best showing this year is barely losing to the Rams (something the Vikings have also done) and beating a Lions team that seems to be packing it in already this season. All i'm asking is for Seattle to beat a decent team before I label them good or on those lines. Is that so bad? If they win 2 or 3 out of their next 4 games then yes, I will look at them in a different light. Until then, prove something first.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 am
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 am

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Here tell me which list has the Seahawks listed higher than the Vikings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+pow ... e&ie=UTF-8

Wonder why that is?

Here is some info that I find quite interesting.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff
    OFFENSE and DEFENSE DVOA are adjusted based on strength of opponent as well as to consider all fumbles, kept or lost, as equal value. (Opponent adjustments are currently at 80 percent strength and will go up every week, reaching full strength after Week 10.) SPECIAL TEAMS DVOA is adjusted for type of stadium (warm, cold, dome, Denver) and week of season.

Seahawks #6 > Vikings #18

The Vikings are an average team this year. Their O-Line is a disaster and their defense has taken a step back. Kirk also wilts in big moments, and has a horrible record against winning teams. I like Kirk, but it is what it is.

The Vikings are going to miss the playoffs.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:52 am
  • And come Dec. 10th, we'll send them home with a big L. But I'm sure it won't be because the Hawks are good. It will be because the game is at home and on Monday night. Or the Vikes are missing players etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:And there we have it. Already making excuses or downplaying why/how the Hawks will win. It's clearly NEVER because they are just a really good football team. Fair enough. Is it that hard for you to enjoy something? Like a win, regardless who they play????

Not downplaying anything. I never guaranteed anything on either side either. If Seattle wins, great they have something going. If they lose, oh well, something to build off of. Regardless of the outcome, I refuse to have the wool pulled over my eyes, like so many others seem to have let happen, this early.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Here tell me which list has the Seahawks listed higher than the Vikings.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+pow ... e&ie=UTF-8

Wonder why that is?

Here is some info that I find quite interesting.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff
    OFFENSE and DEFENSE DVOA are adjusted based on strength of opponent as well as to consider all fumbles, kept or lost, as equal value. (Opponent adjustments are currently at 80 percent strength and will go up every week, reaching full strength after Week 10.) SPECIAL TEAMS DVOA is adjusted for type of stadium (warm, cold, dome, Denver) and week of season.

Seahawks #6 > Vikings #18

The Vikings are an average team this year. Their O-Line is a disaster and their defense has taken a step back. Kirk also wilts in big moments, and has a horrible record against winning teams. I like Kirk, but it is what it is.

The Vikings are going to miss the playoffs.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 am
  • Fade wrote:The Vikings are going to miss the playoffs.

Nah, if Cousins stays healthy, they'll make it.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:37 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Fade wrote:The Vikings are going to miss the playoffs.

Nah, if Cousins stays healthy, they'll make it.

I wouldn't be so sure...
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:38 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.

Maybe next time.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:21 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:

Maybe next time.

Got eeeeeem
    World champs sb48

Aros wrote:

Wait, MizzouHawkGal is a DUDE??
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:02 am
  • Feel better? Congrats, you were right about the team LOSING.
    My team lost, it sucks. If you feel good about being right about predicting a Loss, have at it.
    I chose to believe, I was wrong. I'll take that over negative nancy crap every day of the week.
    Meh, on to next week.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:08 am
  • I'm disappointed.

You forget that a point of this board is not just discourse but to vent.

But we hadn't really been tested during our run. Every time we were tested, we lost before.

This one is different. I think with a healthy Carson we might have pulled it out. But I have some problems with how we approached our offense anyway. That 3rd and 24 we just conceded pretty much told me what I needed to know. But the biggest indicator was scoring a single TD in the first half. When you do that, you will lose to the good teams.

We don't have our great defense anymore. You cannot win games you score less than league average in against the good teams.

It doesn't matter though. We are still going to finish with at least a .500 record.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 am
  • Yep, venting is what gets me thru. It is what it is. They played like dog crap. Didn't expect that at all.
    On to next week. Still sticking to my 9-7 prediction, but this team is what it is. Going to look very good one week, and not so good the next. Depending on the injury situation with Fluker, Mcdougald and Carson. We start losing those guys, then all bets are off. It's what many of us expected this year, a team that could win anywhere from 7-10 games, but more so in that 8-8, 9-7 range. As long as we see improvement as the year goes on, it's all good. This team SHOULD be very good next year. And you make a very good point about Carson, as much as I want to just say "we're ok, we have Davis" it's just obvious that Carson is a much better back. The strange thing is that they start the game out with a beauty of a drive that eats up 8 minutes plus. One of the best drives of the season. And you're thinking "damn, this team is just rolling" etc. And then you pretty much see nothing out of the offense for a good part of the rest of the game.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:15 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Feel better? Congrats, you were right about the team LOSING.
    My team lost, it sucks. If you feel good about being right about predicting a Loss, have at it.
    I chose to believe, I was wrong. I'll take that over negative nancy crap every day of the week.
    Meh, on to next week.

Soul, its not about the losing (I wanted to win yesterday too), its more about being fooled that this is a good team. Like somebody else said on this board, beating up on bad teams is 'Fool's Gold'. We still havent beaten a good team yet and we have a string of games coming up against a bunch of them. We just arent there yet and thats what I was pointing out.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 am
  • Fair enough, I'm too tired and bummed to argue. But yes, this team is obviously going to be up and down all year, and it's just a reality I'm having a hard time getting used to. Still think we go 9-7 IF we stay healthy.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Fair enough, I'm too tired and bummed to argue. But yes, this team is obviously going to be up and down all year, and it's just a reality I'm having a hard time getting used to. Still think we go 9-7 IF we stay healthy.

pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 am
  • Dang, can't see the image
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Feel better? Congrats, you were right about the team LOSING.
    Meh, on to next week.

Soul, its not about the losing (I wanted to win yesterday too), its more about being fooled that this is a good team. Like somebody else said on this board, beating up on bad teams is 'Fool's Gold'. We still havent beaten a good team yet and we have a string of games coming up against a bunch of them. We just arent there yet and thats what I was pointing out.

This condescending pandering is as foolish but far narrower than anyone who chooses to believe that the team they root for is good, has a chance to win, and wants to stay in that as long as possible.

That abundant ignorance that supports such arrogance as thinking that because people think the team is good somehow means they are not aware of the weaknesses is what fuels posts like these after a loss.

Its the internet version of "i told you" when something doesnt work. Taking advantage of the very healthy ability to hope and support is so low that it surprises me the amount of times you continue to do it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 am
  • Yeah, we've been back and forth on this over and over again. I don't understand the I told you so stuff, he doesn't understand my positive outlook. It likely will never change.
    Think I might just step back and take a few days off from the page. I love it here, but at the same time, this pouncing on the team after a loss is getting real old. After what we saw the previous 5 weeks, there was no reason to doubt that the team is pretty good.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:36 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Dang, can't see the image

Two guys clanging beer mugs together. Cheers
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:41 am
  • Cool, that's about all we can do after that poop show yesterday. My wife put it perfectly during the game "they ALL look bad today" She doesn't say much at the games, but that is accurate.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 am
  • Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Sometimes I feel you think that people who take the opposing side of this argument are just bitter and want to complain/lose.

As I said before, the point is venting. Admittedly, maybe we just need a separate thread just for venting so it does not cough all over the other threads. But if you cannot control the issue, the human instinct is still going to be to want to do SOMETHING. The only something you can do is vent and watch to see the outcome (like that Romo commercial with the Corona).

There is no glee here. Frankly, with a healthy Carson and referees that fairly call the game, we probably win. It does not change that we are seeing a team that is built to win more than it loses, but not really built to compete in the playoffs.

Earlier? Yes, wanted Pete gone. I knew what he could do with this roster and wanted to see what someone else with a more offensive oriented mindset could do. With Pete, you know you are getting a better defense than your roster says you should have and a worse offense. With our best players mostly on offense, I would have liked to what a coach that did the opposite could do. And with a great owner with a good process? We might have done that. But with Allen gone, that door closed.

We have Pete. That is the horse we are riding, for better or worse. Any coach we get after him will most assuredly be worse.

Also, this is one game. We have the Vikings (We are not beating the Rams without Carson...) and Packers. Both look mortal. Very good teams but beatable. I still think we have the horses to beat the good teams, but it is not on defense. We are no longer a great team. Just a good team. The issue is less the team than the expectations.

But I still feel that watching us run Davis twice in a row wasn't doing us any favors. And draws on 3rd and 24 are just the mental equivalent of a delayed punt. So yes, venting about that makes sense.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Feel better? Congrats, you were right about the team LOSING.
    Meh, on to next week.

This condescending pandering is as foolish but far narrower than anyone who chooses to believe that the team they root for is good, has a chance to win, and wants to stay in that as long as possible.

That abundant ignorance that supports such arrogance as thinking that because people think the team is good somehow means they are not aware of the weaknesses is what fuels posts like these after a loss.

Its the internet version of "i told you" when something doesnt work. Taking advantage of the very healthy ability to hope and support is so low that it surprises me the amount of times you continue to do it.

If the 'I told you' is pointing out how being a fan can blind some people with their perception of their favorite team, then yeah, I guess it is. This team was being proclaimed as a very 'Good' team before yesterdays game and I posted that it was too early for such claims because we havent beaten anybody of any substance yet, but that didnt seem to matter. Well, here we are. Its pretty clear, the team is middle of the road from their record and the obvious eye test.

If Seattle won and the shoe was on the other foot, I bet that would have been just fine.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:51 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Cool, that's about all we can do after that poop show yesterday. My wife put it perfectly during the game "they ALL look bad today" She doesn't say much at the games, but that is accurate.

Yeah, it was a combined effort and not just one area.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Sometimes I feel you think that people who take the opposing side of this argument are just bitter and want to complain/lose.

As I said before, the point is venting. Admittedly, maybe we just need a separate thread just for venting so it does not cough all over the other threads. But if you cannot control the issue, the human instinct is still going to be to want to do SOMETHING. The only something you can do is vent and watch to see the outcome (like that Romo commercial with the Corona).

There is no glee here. Frankly, with a healthy Carson and referees that fairly call the game, we probably win. It does not change that we are seeing a team that is built to win more than it loses, but not really built to compete in the playoffs.

Earlier? Yes, wanted Pete gone. I knew what he could do with this roster and wanted to see what someone else with a more offensive oriented mindset could do. With Pete, you know you are getting a better defense than your roster says you should have and a worse offense. With our best players mostly on offense, I would have liked to what a coach that did the opposite could do. And with a great owner with a good process? We might have done that. But with Allen gone, that door closed.

We have Pete. That is the horse we are riding, for better or worse. Any coach we get after him will most assuredly be worse.

Also, this is one game. We have the Vikings (We are not beating the Rams without Carson...) and Packers. Both look mortal. Very good teams but beatable. I still think we have the horses to beat the good teams, but it is not on defense. We are no longer a great team. Just a good team. The issue is less the team than the expectations.

But I still feel that watching us run Davis twice in a row wasn't doing us any favors. And draws on 3rd and 24 are just the mental equivalent of a delayed punt. So yes, venting about that makes sense.

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Si,

That isn't fair at all.

Is venting rolling thread to thread to make the same disparaging, condescending posts?

I understand venting. Its also quite apparent and easy to discern repetition for the sake of pandering to the lowest common denominator. But he knew what he was doing.

For the rest of your post... yeah, i agree.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

What are you expecting or want me to say, that I think the Seahawks are awesome and going to the Super Bowl or something? Sorry I hold the Vikings in a higher esteem than Seattle right now. Losing to the Saints is a bad showing? My God, they are 6-1 right now. How about Seattle barely beating the Cardinals? Vikings did a lot better against them than we did. We lost to the Broncos who are wretched this year. We beat up on the worst team in the league in the Raiders (not arguably) and beat the hapless Cowboys. Our best showing this year is barely losing to the Rams (something the Vikings have also done) and beating a Lions team that seems to be packing it in already this season. All i'm asking is for Seattle to beat a decent team before I label them good or on those lines. Is that so bad? If they win 2 or 3 out of their next 4 games then yes, I will look at them in a different light. Until then, prove something first.

Just skipping the Bills game then?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:03 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Just skipping the Bills game then?

Again

pittpnthrs wrote:Vikings will end up being the best team in that division when the dust clears, but they are finding themselves right now with Cousins and they still beat the teams they should for the most part (Bills game was an anomaly). They will be hard to beat.

I'm just stating what the rest of the world thinks and that is that the Vikings are a better team than Seattle is right now. Feel free to disagree I guess.

PS- Vikings really struggled with that hot Lions team this weekend.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:25 pm
  • Games that fit your narrative= trend

Games that dont= anomaly

How can you even play with the way you move those goalposts.

Its not a question of disagreeing. Its calling into question your approach, which is consistently inconsistent and contradictory.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 pm
  • One thing to remember about the Chargers. That kind of QB matches up with us well.

We lost to them even when we were great.

We have 2 more key tests to turn it around. Vikings and Packers. Both winnable.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:One thing to remember about the Chargers. That kind of QB matches up with us well.

We lost to them even when we were great.

We have 2 more key tests to turn it around. Vikings and Packers. Both winnable.

Rivers has always given the Hawks trouble.

Id say Packers and Vikings are must wins (or replacing onevwith a win at Panthers) if the Hawks want a season above average.

All three are very tough games though
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Games that fit your narrative= trend

Games that dont= anomaly

How can you even play with the way you move those goalposts.

Its not a question of disagreeing. Its calling into question your approach, which is consistently inconsistent and contradictory.

What are we playing that you propose exactly? I just posted about the Vikings and why I and the rest of the world consider them a better team than Seattle currently. If you disagree with that,,,,,,,,?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information