Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pete Carroll

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Pete Carroll
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:37 am
  • Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:41 am
  • My answer is that it does not matter. You cannot replace Pete now.

That opportunity is gone.

But I highly doubt we have Pete for even 3 more years, hence the reason for the concern.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:
    But I highly doubt we have Pete for even 3 more years, hence the reason for the concern.

Why do you say that?

- Pete seems happy here
    - Pete seems to love his relationship with Schneider and the organization
    - Pete doesn't seem like he's ready to retire

So if the feeling is mutual with the Seahawk brass that Allen put into place to oversee the team, then why wouldn't we offer he and John a 3-4 year extension, and why wouldn't Pete want to stay here and see this rebuild/reload/run towards another SB out?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:My answer is that it does not matter. You cannot replace Pete now.

That opportunity is gone.

The last time Carroll spoke on the topic, which was at the beginning of the season, he said he would like to coach for at least the next four years.

It’s frustrating when people don’t appreciate what they have. Carroll is the best coach in franchise history and one of the best in the history of the game. He set the same kinds of all-time records in both college football and the NFL.

What he has accomplished so far this season is amazing to watch. The team’s talent level took a major hit this off-season. Yet, he has somehow cobbled together one of the best defenses in the NFL (4th in scoring defense, 6th in total defense, 5th in pass yards allowed, 3rd in QB rating allowed). He has also somehow resuscitated the run game by making the difficult decision to hire a new offensive coordinator and by handpicking Chris Carson in the 7th round of last years’s draft.

If the trends hold up, Carroll should be Coach of the Year.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Is Pete's coaching improved or is Russ clicking more with the offensive scheme via the new coordinator?

Pete still has his faults, we all do, but he also deserves credit for putting in people (finally!) who appear to be getting it done.

If we make the playoffs, Pete deserves even more credit for turning around a somewhat sinking ship and I'll be among the first to say it.

Until then lets enjoy the victories.

GO HAWKS!

Pete maybe not over coaching as in getting his nose into the offense, Wilson feeling more comfortable and "TRUSTING" Schotty's calls and scheme is a big thing also I think and knowing it much better now.

Also Pete trusting Schotty's calls helps him keep his nose out of things also.

Petes biggest success was addition by subtraction this year, his replacments have shown it may not have been talent but the use and schemes that talent was put in.

I'm asking honestly- where are you getting this "keep his nose out" narrative from? Did it come from some media literature somewhere, or is it one of those things you're just making up because you think that's probably what happened?

Because I haven't really seen it anywhere outside of the claims of some fans on the internet. If it came from somewhere, I'll be happy to read it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:Is Pete's coaching improved or is Russ clicking more with the offensive scheme via the new coordinator?

Pete still has his faults, we all do, but he also deserves credit for putting in people (finally!) who appear to be getting it done.

If we make the playoffs, Pete deserves even more credit for turning around a somewhat sinking ship and I'll be among the first to say it.

GO HAWKS!

Pete maybe not over coaching as in getting his nose into the offense, Wilson feeling more comfortable and "TRUSTING" Schotty's calls and scheme is a big thing also I think and knowing it much better now.

Petes biggest success was addition by subtraction this year, his replacments have shown it may not have been talent but the use and schemes that talent was put in.

I'm asking honestly- where are you getting this "keep his nose out" narrative from? Did it come from some media literature somewhere, or is it one of those things you're just making up because you think that's probably what happened?

Because I haven't really seen it anywhere outside of the claims of some fans on the internet. If it came from somewhere, I'll be happy to read it.

I believe during the game yesterday Ronde mentioned something about Pete being involved for the first two weeks, seeing the same results, admitting an issue, and letting Schotty take the wheel which is the huge spike in running plays. Then showed the graph between run and pass calls each week. Haven't seen it reported anywhere officially but it does seem like the chuck and pray of past few seasons is gone. Maybe he spoke to them pre-game or maybe he just made an assumption.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:18 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

Well we almost beat the best team in the league, so maybe we will beat a "good" team this year. Although it seems everytime we do beat a good team, they automatically become a bad team. So it may be an impossibility given this strange logic loop we've developed at .NET.

And if we do win 10 games and make a wildcard spot does that mean you go from calling for Pete's head to endorsing him as Coach of the Year. Getting to the playoffs with a crappy 8-8 team has to be worth consideration right?
    Mad Dog
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:I thought the game had passed Pete by? I thought he lost the locker room? I thought his style no longer translated to the wide open modern NFL?

You guys sure are quiet now. What a surprise.

Pete has overcome injuries, massive roster turnover, young inexperienced players, while also integrating new coordinators and their schemes. He has taken a beat up roster of castoffs, late round picks, and young players and got them playing hard and fast. If he can get this squad to the playoffs he deserves Coach of the Year...

...and yet you wanted him fired.

I've seen multiple people say they were wrong myself included. I didn't think Pete would adapt but he did. I think it was a valid criticism because he's been reluctant to do so in the past but he has and he deserves credit.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

Well we almost beat the best team in the league, so maybe we will beat a "good" team this year. Although it seems everytime we do beat a good team, they automatically become a bad team. So it may be an impossibility given this strange logic loop we've developed at .NET.

And if we do win 10 games and make a wildcard spot does that mean you go from calling for Pete's head to endorsing him as Coach of the Year. Getting to the playoffs with a crappy 8-8 team has to be worth consideration right?

Who are these good teams you speak of?

We have beaten the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and Lions so far. All 4 of those teams are sad. So, while a lot of fans are feeling great right now (hey, I like some things i'm seeing too), there is plenty to be skeptical about too. We havent beaten anybody yet. Long way to go before even considering playoffs.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

We have beaten the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and Lions so far. All 4 of those teams are sad. So, while a lot of fans are feeling great right now (hey, I like some things i'm seeing too), there is plenty to be skeptical about too. We havent beaten anybody yet. Long way to go before even considering playoffs.

There are maybe 3-4 elite teams in the league, and I have no problem saying we're in the next group of teams.

This absolutely puts us in the conversation of discussing or considering ourselves a playoff team. This is the NFL, you don't have to be a great team to make the playoffs, and the Hawks are certainly a good team.............and more importantly continuing to look better and better each week.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm
  • We'll see after this season if Pete should continue to be coach.

Anything can happen. Tough games lie ahead.

Seahawks can go undefeated (not likely) from here, or go winless (not likely) from here.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:
    Thunderhawk wrote:I thought the game had passed Pete by? I thought he lost the locker room? I thought his style no longer translated to the wide open modern NFL?

Pete has overcome injuries, massive roster turnover, young inexperienced players, while also integrating new coordinators and their schemes. He has taken a beat up roster of castoffs, late round picks, and young players and got them playing hard and fast. If he can get this squad to the playoffs he deserves Coach of the Year...

I've seen multiple people say they were wrong myself included. I didn't think Pete would adapt but he did. I think it was a valid criticism because he's been reluctant to do so in the past but he has and he deserves credit.

I never thought he would change either. Put me down for being wrong on that account too.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:22 pm
  • Come on Pitt, are you really gonna' just downplay the wins? All week people said this game was gonna' be tough. Lions were hot, and beat the crap out of the Pats, and knocked off the Packers. If they would have lost, it would have been "see, the Hawks suck"
    Can't you just enjoy the winning?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:

There are maybe 3-4 elite teams in the league, and I have no problem saying we're in the next group of teams.

This absolutely puts us in the conversation of discussing or considering ourselves a playoff team. This is the NFL, you don't have to be a great team to make the playoffs, and the Hawks are certainly a good team.............and more importantly continuing to look better and better each week.

One game above .500 with 10 games to play and the mention of playoffs already? A little premature to me.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Why are you so obsessed and/or down on other people having confidence in the team? Asking for a friend.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:28 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Come on Pitt, are you really gonna' just downplay the wins? All week people said this game was gonna' be tough. Lions were hot, and beat the crap out of the Pats, and knocked off the Packers. If they would have lost, it would have been "see, the Hawks suck"
    Can't you just enjoy the winning?

I am enjoying them, Its refreshing, but you have to admit that the teams we beat so far are anything but impressive.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 pm
  • You could say that about many teams. Hawks are one of the hottest teams in football.
    If you can't enjoy it, not sure what to tell you.
    I'll go ahead and enjoy enough for both of us. They are a good team, it's ok to admit it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Why are you so obsessed and/or down on other people having confidence in the team? Asking for a friend.

Because those are the people that make excuses and look silly when the bottom falls out. Theres a lot of them, your friend included probably.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:

One game above .500 with 10 games to play and the mention of playoffs already? A little premature to me.

Seems kinda weird to say this, considering we're one of only seven teams in the NFC with a winning record, and currently the #6 seed.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:40 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:You could say that about many teams. Hawks are one of the hottest teams in football.
    If you can't enjoy it, not sure what to tell you.
    I'll go ahead and enjoy enough for both of us. They are a good team, it's ok to admit it.

A 2 game win streak sitting at 4-3 and they are one of the hottest teams in the NFL? What variables did you use to come to that conclusion? Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons all have a better or the same win streak currently.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Seems kinda weird to say this, considering we're one of only seven teams in the NFC with a winning record, and currently the #6 seed.

Seems weird to be talking about other things besides the playoffs after only 7 games while hovering around .500? Um, ok.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:47 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Seems weird to be talking about other things besides the playoffs after only 7 games while hovering around .500? Um, ok.

We are talking about other things, just about EVERY other thing. You're the one who's trying to tell us we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs when the season is only one game from being half over.

Maybe you should just tell us when it's cool for us to get a little excited about how well the Hawks are playing and can type the word "playoffs."

November 15th? December 1st? When's it OK, we need to know.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm
  • following
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:57 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

We are talking about other things, just about EVERY other thing. You're the one who's trying to tell us we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs when the season is only one game from being half over.

Maybe you should just tell us when it's cool for us to get a little excited about how well the Hawks are playing and can type the word "playoffs."

I was going to ask you the samething. When do feel its ok to start talking playoffs? Week 3, opening game, 2nd preseason game?

Look, no problem. Its typical for most fans to get ahead of themselves. Happens around here constantly.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm
  • And why does that bother you so much?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:03 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I was going to ask you the samething. When do feel its ok to start talking playoffs? Week 3, opening game, 2nd preseason game?

Look, no problem. Its typical for most fans to get ahead of themselves. Happens around here constantly.

Me? I like to wait until the season is about half over, which it almost is. That's usually when the good teams start separating themselves from the pretenders.

I also look at our schedule, hard games but we now have most at home.

I assume most people other than you agree with me, cause you're the only negative person on this thread who refuses to say the "p" word.

Which is fine btw, pessimism is allowed. But to poop on others for being optimistic after a really good win on the road is again......weird.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:05 pm
  • I was just about to post that exact same thing. Getting worked up about other people enjoying a win is kind of odd, borderline sad really. And you still haven't answered the question. WHY....DO....YOU....CARE????
    :2thumbs:
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:09 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

I was expecting 1-6 at this point, so sod off. :P
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:15 pm
  • It just depends on what you consider 'success' to be.

If your definition of success is a very good regular season (9+ wins?) then we are on track for that. The Charger game will determine that.

If your definition of success is a great run in the playoffs?

Most people had this team pegged at 7-9 roughly, maybe 8-8 - so why would you be upset at them beating expectations? Very few people had any expectations where this team made the playoffs. That would be gravy.

We don't know if this team is 'good'. But teams have made it all the way to the playoffs with a Powerpuff schedule before - remember that Carolina Panthers team? But we do know we have a path to more wins than expected.

I think we are clearly better than we expected but not as good as some hope. That is fine with me though. At least the games are watchable again and it has been years since I could say that.

Also,

Pete seems to be allowing this offense to bloom. I don't see a whole lot of duck and chuck football this year. That is an improvement.

Our OL is not a disaster.

We can run the ball.

We are actually bothering to score in the 1st half AND we are scoring TDs in the RZ.

Was this just the last few opponents or the indication of a trend? We will see what the Charger game brings.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 pm
  • So if the team wins then, what will be the negative justifying the "I Hate Pete" drumbeat?

The Titanic has turned away from the iceberg time for recalculation.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:42 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

At 4-3 extrapolated over the entire season is 9-7. So neener neener. :P

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:53 pm
  • So all week, Detroit was a hot team, a tough game etc. Now we beat them, and they are suddenly not a good team.

Got it
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:This is cute.

They beat the mighty Lions and some of you want to pound your chest.

Sure.

I have no complaints about this game, but lets not pretend that we have not been subjected to outright garbage football for the past few years. This was one of the few games where we actually looked like we were trying to score instead of run the clock down.

That was the reason Pete was a nightmare.

That said, he had a great game. Let's see if we can continue the streak against teams that will end up with a better than .500 record at the end of the year.

What Pete was doing was not only not working but it was ugly, terrible, boring football that was actually resulting in losses. We seem to have changed our tactics and I am all for actually trying to score in the 1st half or actually attempting to score TDs instead FGs.

If this change continues, I will have no complaints. But to imply there was no reason to be upset is ridiculous.

Still, losing Paul changed everything. We no longer have assured excellence, so losing Pete would be a greater risk. The moment Allen was gone, any ideas to change from Pete had to be shelved.

While beating the Lions on a 10 am away game is an accomplishment, it is not validation that looking at options other than Pete was somehow misplaced. Because Pete's brand of football was god awful to watch. We needed a change and hopefully, he has changed.

I cant even relate to posts like these after a low point of a 9-7 season. Do people actually believe they are entitled to deep playoff runs every year.

I dont think some of you have ever experienced a bad run as Seahawk fans.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 pm
  • This is the greatest period of Seahawks football ever because of Pete Carroll.

11-5 with a playoff win and #1 scoring defense.
    13-3 with a Super Bowl win and #1 scoring defense.
    12-4 with an NFCCG win and #1 scoring defense.
    10-6 with a playoff win and #1 scoring defense.
    10-5-1 with a playoff win and #3 scoring defense.
    9-7 (The horror! The horror!)
    Currently, on pace to make the playoffs with #4 scoring defense.

:lol:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So all week, Detroit was a hot team, a tough game etc. Now we beat them, and they are suddenly not a good team.

Got it

Why did you perceive Detroit as being somebody? Because they beat the Packers and Patriots? Let me remind you that they lost to the Jets, 49ers, and Cowboys. The Lions game was a tossup in my opinion, and we ended up winning. That doesn't change my view of the Seahawks at all. The next 4 games will tell us who we are.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:30 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Me? I like to wait until the season is about half over, which it almost is. That's usually when the good teams start separating themselves from the pretenders.

I also look at our schedule, hard games but we now have most at home.

I assume most people other than you agree with me, cause you're the only negative person on this thread who refuses to say the "p" word.

Which is fine btw, pessimism is allowed. But to poop on others for being optimistic after a really good win on the road is again......weird.

The schedule is what I look at and so far we haven't beaten anybody worth talking about. Lets just say that I'm apprehensive and think we should at least beat somebody good before dreaming about the playoffs.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:51 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

GO HAWKS!

The fact that Bevell had to get permission to run plays, the fact that Wilson had to go ask Pete to run a play that they wanted to try in a game that shoed a certain formation. Oh and the fact that Bevell had to ask Pete if it was ok to run a pass play in the Super Bowl that failed.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 am
  • Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.

Image What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.

If we lose, the excuses will be entertaining though. I'm trying to imagine what you'll blame it on,,,,,injuries, coaching, weather, youth, emotions, etc,,,,. Its never a better team beating us. We beat ourselves is always the answer.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Pete Carroll
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 am
  • If lose, some on this forum may actually be high giving each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am
  • You already told us that Detroit sucks. Guess I won't be surprised when you come up with a reason why we beat the Chargers on Sunday. It certainly won't be that the Hawks are a good team and outplayed another good team.
    But, maybe I'll be surprised and you'll actually give them some credit.
    News flash, the Hawks ARE a good team already.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:You already told us that Detroit sucks. Guess I won't be surprised when you come up with a reason why we beat the Chargers on Sunday. It certainly won't be that the Hawks are a good team and outplayed another good team.
    But, maybe I'll be surprised and you'll actually give them some credit.
    News flash, the Hawks ARE a good team already.

If they beat San Diego i'll give credit where credit is due because San Diego is a pretty good team. No problem. If Seattle wins, they will finally have beaten a team thats worth a darn.

News flash, your getting ahead of yourself as usual. Crowning a team 'Good' when they are 4-3 and have only beaten crap teams is way premature.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm
  • Detroit sucks?

Vikings? Packers? Do they suck too?

This place....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Detroit sucks?

Vikings? Packers? Do they suck too?

This place....

Yes they do SUCK, but only when they failed to do what the "Fire Pete Now" brigade wanted them to do.

SUCK SUCK SUCK

But on the other hand, if those teams wins ....

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:46 pm
  • You do realize that Detroit thinks they suck, right?

Otherwise, they don't trade their #1 receiver when they are 1 game out in the playoff race in a division that is literally up for grabs.

Still, I am happy with this better version of football even though we are not exactly beating world beaters yet.

And if after all this positive change, your first inclination is to complain about people who complained BEFORE the change? Then maybe you should reassess yourself and your own issues before judging others.

The change has been good. I am hopeful it continues.

We haven't played a lot (or any) great teams but we have changed the things that were holding us back. That is a start.

We will see what happens with the Charger game.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:I thought the game had passed Pete by? I thought he lost the locker room? I thought his style no longer translated to the wide open modern NFL?

Yeah, some jumped ship too quickly. For some, it's a part of their mentality.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote: What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.

Hey, pissonthepittpanthers, your negativity is old and stale. Get lost for a while. Best for us all.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:11 pm
  • This is the 9th iteration of Win Forever in Seattle.

It's not as though we're progressing thru an inaugural season of team building for the first time ever. And yet, there remain those befuddled each year by the process. All the noise and protest would be comical if not for all the wincing and twisting from so much self inflicted pain. It's why ignoring the noise and anguish is the preferred Seahawks way of bypassing such a useless and pointless waste of energy.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 pm
  • Pc is the best coach we have ever had. Is he perfect? No. Is he very good? Yes.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:21 pm
  • Just trying to figure out who some of you think you are on here? You're posters with opinions just like the rest of us, and guess what, not everybody agrees with you.r opinions.

I've been calling for Petes head for 3 years now and could care less what you think of it. I don't like his coaching style , never have since SC. I appreciate the SB win, blame him whole heartedly for the SB loss, and the decline of the team in the years after. So flame away, I'm sure I'll find a way to go on with life..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information