Shout out to Solari and Schotty

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Offense looks like a well oiled machine. Big improvement over the past few years. :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

Most fun I have had watching a Seahawk's game in years. So impressive.

Credit given where credit is due.

Cartire

Reaction score
The O-Line is quickly proving:

1. Decent, BIG, men together, that have been consistent and *knock on wood* healthy is key to a good online. Very 2013 vibe here.
2. Cable truly was atrocious. The game evolved past him. Seeing the exact same thing happen in Oakland right now has ceremented just how bad he is.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I hope this continues. A lot of people were crapping all over the OC after the first couple of games, and that definitely wasn't enough time to make any kind of determination on how this team is playing. We still need to see things over a much longer period of time, but man I do love watching them beat the hell out of the defense with the run.

Cartire

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1jmwsp8q said:
I hope this continues. A lot of people were crapping all over the OC after the first couple of games, and that definitely wasn't enough time to make any kind of determination on how this team is playing. We still need to see things over a much longer period of time, but man I do love watching them beat the hell out of the defense with the run.

To be fair, I think the early Schotty hate is still justified. The guy has a resume. I'm still not 100% sold on him yet. That o-line and Carson are playing lights out. Most OC's would look good with the group and what they are putting together. Carson was crazy patient today and it paid off on numerous runs. That shows he is trusting his O-line to keep their assignments and win the battles.

I'm getting a little geeked out with the potential im seeing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The play calling has been phenominal.

Schottenheimer helped a Jets team get to two-consecutive AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez at QB. Now he has Russell Wilson to work with.

Play calling has been a breath of fresh air for the last five games and counting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cartire":3x6162xu said:
bmorepunk":3x6162xu said:

To be fair, I think the early Schotty hate is still justified. The guy has a resume. I'm still not 100% sold on him yet. That o-line and Carson are playing lights out. Most OC's would look good with the group and what they are putting together. Carson was crazy patient today and it paid off on numerous runs. That shows he is trusting his O-line to keep their assignments and win the battles.

And just who do you think is putting that player grouping on the field, doesn't the OC have involvment with that, doesn't he work with the O line Coach, RB Coaches and WR Coaches about how he wants then to do stuff. Then he is also calling the plays. You can have Bevell and Cable back if you want,I ll take these guys.

Cartire

Reaction score
chris98251":gwk3rqtu said:
Cartire":gwk3rqtu said:
bmorepunk":gwk3rqtu said:

And just who do you think is putting that player grouping on the field, doesn't the OC have involvment with that, doesn't he work with the O line Coach, RB Coaches and WR Coaches about how he wants then to do stuff. Then he is also calling the plays. You can have Bevell and Cable back if you want,I ll take these guys.

100%, you are right. The OC still has to make the assignments for these guys. He's growing on me. All I said was, after the first couple games, his previous resume and horrid start were par for the course. I understood the hate and like I said, I'm still not 100% sold yet. He's doing a competent job and might very well be a key to this team looking better on O. I also think this o-line is the best we've had since 2013 and that made Bevell look pretty dang competent.

Cable, he can rot.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I predicted an 11-5 record before the season started on the premise that there was no way our offence & O-line couldn't possibly be worse & after 2 weeks I was doing the Homer Simpson "d'oh". I thought our defence had a chance to be really good but didn't think they'd be dominant like they have been but never thought they had to be for us to be good.

That being said, I have to agree Solari & Schotty deserve a big shout out for a job well done. :2thumbs:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1w5nf614 said:
I predicted an 11-5 record before the season started on the premise that there was no way our offence & O-line couldn't possibly be worse & after 2 weeks I was doing the Homer Simpson "d'oh". I thought our defence had a chance to be really good but didn't think they'd be dominant like they have been but never thought they had to be for us to be good.

That being said, I have to agree Solari & Schotty deserve a big shout out for a job well done. :2thumbs:

The team was historically bad running the ball last season. Like worst running back production in a 16 game season ever AND THEY STILL WON 9 GAMES!!! This team played with 10 players on offense all season long and won. If any Seahawks team was supposed to only win 4 games it should have been last years team.

hawk45

Reaction score
Solari has had the line playing better from the first game and after inexplicably putting Carson in witness protection for the first two weeks schotty is now handing it off at every possible chance. We are stuffing it down teams throats on the ground.

I am enjoying it as much as Lynch, possibly more because with a real OL coach there aren't the negative plays where 3 guys have shots at the back in the backfield. There is at least a crease every. Single. Play.

toffee

Reaction score
I thought the hiring of Schotty was underwhelming, the first two games didn't help much. Got to say the past five games changed all that, it sure took a bit for the team to start clicking, but man they are clicking now.

Go Hawks.

xray

Reaction score
What I see now is that Wilson can actually be coached...Carroll let Wilson do what ever...new coaches are sometimes the best thing that can happen to a team. IMO

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3lvnze0d said:
The OC still has to make the assignments for these guys. He's growing on me. All I said was, after the first couple games, his previous resume and horrid start were par for the course. I understood the hate and like I said, I'm still not 100% sold yet. He's doing a competent job and might very well be a key to this team looking better on O. I also think this o-line is the best we've had since 2013 and that made Bevell look pretty dang competent.

Cable, he can rot.
The tools that Schotts has had to work with were NEVER AS GOOD as what he has to work with NOW.
It's called extenuating circumstances.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1sj8cwa7 said:
Cartire":1sj8cwa7 said:
The OC still has to make the assignments for these guys. He's growing on me. All I said was, after the first couple games, his previous resume and horrid start were par for the course. I understood the hate and like I said, I'm still not 100% sold yet. He's doing a competent job and might very well be a key to this team looking better on O. I also think this o-line is the best we've had since 2013 and that made Bevell look pretty dang competent.

Cable, he can rot.
The tools that Schotts has had to work with were NEVER AS GOOD as what he has to work with NOW.
It's called extenuating circumstances.

And Schottenheimer still took those Jets teams to two AFC championship games ... with Mark Sanchez.

The way he is using the run game now is very similar to how he deployed the Jets running game at that time. He has a distinct style to how he calls plays, establishes the run, uses play action.

seedhawk

Reaction score
What I like about Shotty now is, he runs a series of plays within a same personel package. If we are in 11, we may sub in another RB or another WR but we stay in the same package. Limits the opposing D from subbing, and we can keep them in nickel for example. That alone opens running lanes.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seedhawk":1q8i1fh1 said:
What I like about Shotty now is, he runs a series of plays within a same personel package. If we are in 11, we may sub in another RB or another WR but we stay in the same package. Limits the opposing D from subbing, and we can keep them in nickel for example. That alone opens running lanes.
Excellent point! Under the previous OC there was always mass confusion among the offensive players.
This year you can see the confidence the offense has from just their body language alone.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1m9crqhs said:
Most fun I have had watching a Seahawk's game in years. So impressive.

Credit given where credit is due.

I was thinking this too. Someone could say, "well of course, winning is always fun to watch" but that hasn't been the case the past 3 years. There were so many games where I said, a win is a win, we just need to fix the mistakes. We would win and lose playing absolutely terrible football.

I'm starting to have as much fun watching as I did in 2013.