I love this brand of football

endzorn

Reaction score
One of the big mistakes of the Pete/JS era was the Graham trade. Combine that with Tom Cable and the team lost the identity Pete wanted from day one.

This brand of football is fun as hell to watch. The offense piss pounds the defense with a heavy dose of power runs and it spills into the defensive side of the ball. I’m generally very critical around here, but this is legit power football and we are becoming bullies again. We are better than you probably think and that’s saying something because you’re all a bunch of homers.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Man when Chris Carson absolutely leveled that safety for the TD I was like “Yes! we are back!”.

It is a super rare model for winning these days, but it is also associated with the best brand of Seahawks football ever, so I dig it when it is is really in full swing.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I've always thought our best defense is one where our offense is always on the field. Could never understand why they got away from it.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3b8it054 said:
I've always thought our best defense is one where our offense is always on the field. Could never understand why they got away from it.
We lost Marshawn Lynch and with him the ability to consistently get a first down on 3 handoffs. We seem to have re-captured that ability through Carson and to a lesser extent Davis.

Seafan

Reaction score
It all comes down to the run game. Russ is at his best when the run game is solid. All the other stuff is fluff. Sometimes just the threat of a tough running game is enough (SB48).

I wonder if Russ is still having trouble with his hammy. He ran more today than before the bye week.

That QB rating is strange. He could have completed all of his passes for two more TDs and not improved the rating.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1pb9v25e said:
Bobblehead":1pb9v25e said:
We lost Marshawn Lynch and with him the ability to consistently get a first down on 3 handoffs. We seem to have re-captured that ability through Carson and to a lesser extent Davis.

I"m not sure, I felt we were leaning towards being a passing team.. with NO OL, THis did nothing but give us a lot of 3 and outs and our defense on the field.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
But Kenneth Arthur told me running the football and play action is antiquated, old-school buffoonary not supported by advanced statistics!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is exactly the type of football I prefer. Pound the crap out of the rock, eat up clock, keep your D fresh and make things easier for your QB. Plus, not giving up a lot of points and/or big plays on D.
They may give up yards, but they are doing a good job of keeping things in front of them.

Chawker

Reaction score
endzorn":814rg4g8 said:
One of the big mistakes of the Pete/JS era was the Graham trade. Combine that with Tom Cable and the team lost the identity Pete wanted from day one.

This brand of football is fun as hell to watch. The offense piss pounds the defense with a heavy dose of power runs and it spills into the defensive side of the ball. I’m generally very critical around here, but this is legit power football and we are becoming bullies again. We are better than you probably think and that’s saying something because you’re all a bunch of homers.

So we are, a bunch of hommer hawks? I've been called worse. I kind of like it! H2's.... Yah Buddie!

Actually I've been wanting this type of offense scine 2010, but I was told how great the passing game is and this is not the type of offense that is no longer fashionable any more in todays modern NFL.
Cheers

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Pete Ball still works despite all the fresh new ideas being thrown out there.
Stop the run, keep things in front of you in the passing game. Be balanced on offense. Get chunk plays. Take the ball away and don't give the ball away.

It's a simple formula. We just couldn't be balanced on offense the last couple years because of crappy OL play. And I think we all said that if we had even a league average OL we'd be contenders. Well I think they are an above average crew right now, so things are looking good.

Only issue now will be team health. We are thin on defense at a couple of spots (CB, DE, MLB) that any catastrophic injury could make us vulnerable. Lets hope Kendricks suspension finalizes to 4 games and Byron Maxwell is still in shape. Might need them before the season is over.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":m2e2yllc said:
I've been called a homer so many times. Meh, yes I am. And?
they may call you a homer, but you are not the only one ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaWolv

Reaction score
10th in DVOA is pretty amazing considering all the talent lost and 4th in defensive DVOA?! Holy shit. Would be nice to see the offensive DVOA a little higher than 20th but there's still a lot of season left.