NFL trade deadline

poly1274

Reaction score
Usually the Hawks don't really trade during the trade deadline but if they were looking for a piece, who would you want to bring to this team?

The seahawks have 1st 3rd 4th 5th draft picks for 2019.

I believe the one piece the Seahwks really need is pass rush so, One of those players would be my ideal.

1. JPP
2. Chandler Jones
3. Calais Campbell

AgentDib

Reaction score
I wouldn't like trading any future picks for short-term help. I'd be thrilled if they made the playoffs this season but it's not worth sabotaging future years.

rcaido

Reaction score
Go after these guys if we are letting Clark walk. Clark walks we get a comp3, probably get comp 3 for Earl too. Hopefully Rasheem Green balls out when he comes back, making the decision easier.

Maybe we throw a bone to the Raiders and try to get Bruce Irvin back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For all the Pete and John do well, and that list is long................they're horrifically terrible at trades.

So I'm good, please don't give up any more draft picks for overpriced vets on the last year of their deal that other team's are trying to unload.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c9se3q3 said:
For all the Pete and John do well, and that list is long................they're horrifically terrible at trades.

So I'm good, please don't give up any more draft picks for overpriced vets on the last year of their deal that other team's are trying to unload.

Cant we get them on the cheap because its almost half the season. Dont resign them and let them walk & we get comp picks for them.

Free rental almost.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3ol6zzye said:
Sgt. Largent":3ol6zzye said:

Cant we get them on the cheap because its almost half the season. Dont resign them and let them walk & we get comp picks for them.

Free rental almost.

You're still giving up picks and aren't guaranteed any comp picks if you're going to be a player in free agency next off season...........of which everyone's saying we will be because our cap situation will finally see some relief.

I know it sounds sexy to get well known players, but haven't we learned our lesson? Richardson, Graham, Harvin. But no thanks, let's do it the right way and build through the draft again and then sprinkle in some good free agent signings.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Rather dumpster dive for castaways who could fit a niche than trade a high pick for a system guy on a selling team. They have a knack for getting the most out of players who couldn't stay elsewhere and overpaying for guys who don't fit the system. JPP is having his best year in forever on a truly horrible defense, I'm sure they would want to get something big for him which I don't think is worth it.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
AgentDib":3tccapt7 said:
I wouldn't like trading any future picks for short-term help. I'd be thrilled if they made the playoffs this season but it's not worth sabotaging future years.

Agreed. We did that already with Sheldon Richardson when we rented him for a 2nd round pick and now he's not even with us anymore. We're doing fine. Lets keep what picks we have and try to find a way to get some more if possible.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Player for player trades are really rare in the NFL but I wonder if there's any possibility of trading Doug Baldwin for someone like those guys? I know I'll probably get skewered for saying that...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rtkny1ai said:
It it's for a later round pick, maybe. Like when we gave up a 7th for Coleman. Amazing trade.

Sure, a minor trade (at the time) like Coleman for depth or to fill a need........and we're not giving up a top 5 round pick.

My point is I don't want our FO being aggressive at the trade deadline and hamstringing our cap and/or draft pick deficit any further than it already is.

We already don't have a 2nd and 6th next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, and the team is already pretty good. Unfortunately, Earl got hurt before he was likely heading to the Chiefs (if the rumors were accurate) for come nice compensation.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36fuf8l7 said:
SoulfishHawk":36fuf8l7 said:
It it's for a later round pick, maybe. Like when we gave up a 7th for Coleman. Amazing trade.

Sure, a minor trade (at the time) like Coleman for depth or to fill a need........and we're not giving up a top 5 round pick.

My point is I don't want our FO being aggressive at the trade deadline and hamstringing our cap and/or draft pick deficit any further than it already is.

We already don't have a 2nd and 6th next year.
This. :ditto: This is neither baseball nor fantasy football. A 2d baseman is a 2d baseman, and if he's good, he can play on most any team. A good left handed hitter will be that in most stadiums he plays in. Good pitching transfers well to most teams.

But in football, you just can't "get a guy" and plug him in the same way. OL need continuity and to work together. Even skill positions take time to get to know each other and how they play. Our D relies on discipline and teamwork at all levels. You just can't buy that, it takes experience. That's why so many of our recent mid-season moves have flopped. Even off-season moves have been sketchy at times.

I'm all in for the team we have now, and would hate to use a high draft pick to buy some stats that probably won't materialize for us. I expect we'll skip the trade deadline and come draft day, trade back again to work on replacing those 2d and 6th rd picks if they can.

I would love it if some reporter asked JS about the trade deadline and he deadpanned an "Oh really? I hadn't thought much about it" response. I know he won't ignore it, but I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. ;)

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":f8xmwxts said:

Yeah, they have some stinkers in there (Percy Harvin) but they've also got Duane Brown, Chris Clemons, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Coleman, and Clinton Mcdonald via trade. Trades come with risk, you can't win every time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":121zozxy said:
Sgt. Largent":121zozxy said:

Yeah, they have some stinkers in there (Percy Harvin) but they've also got Duane Brown, Chris Clemons, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Coleman, and Clinton Mcdonald via trade. Trades come with risk, you can't win every time.

All your examples are old, except for Brown.......and yeah we extended him and it seems to be working out, but two picks was a lot to pay for Brown, and we got worked over by the Texans who NEVER had any intention of keeping Lane, they always wanted the 2nd.

So no, I'm not down with making a big trade taking on salary with a short term vet with where we're at right now.

toffee

Reaction score
Trrrroy":36qwf5j1 said:
Sgt. Largent":36qwf5j1 said:

This!

rcaido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mv34v2p said:
Trrrroy":2mv34v2p said:
Sgt. Largent":2mv34v2p said:

All your examples are old, except for Brown.......and yeah we extended him and it seems to be working out, but two picks was a lot to pay for Brown, and we got worked over by the Texans who NEVER had any intention of keeping Lane, they always wanted the 2nd.

So no, I'm not down with making a big trade taking on salary with a short term vet with where we're at right now.

How is this old? Brown & Coleman was just last year. Harvin was 6years ago. Only other bad trade was for Richardson that i can think of....FO does way more good then bad on trades.

Graham was still ok trade.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade.

I agree with people saying that this team looks like 2012. Problem is, 2012 ended due to lack of pass rush. We're still thin at DL...it's Clark and Reed, and beyond that, a bunch of rotational pieces who hand you two or three pressures a game but don't get home. I don't think that's going to suffice in the postseason; I've got an uncomfortable feeling of lacking pass rush being our undoing.

We have a surplus at a couple of spots, one of them being RB. Davis seems the most likely trade bait for a RB-hungry team. There's also Ethan Pocic, whom everyone has forgotten about, but I think he's less likely to go because we're going to want depth.

But if Davis and a pick goes for a decent pass rush piece, I won't be surprised.

Chawker

Reaction score
poly1274":2zzzt224 said:
Usually the Hawks don't really trade during the trade deadline but if they were looking for a piece, who would you want to bring to this team?

The seahawks have 1st 3rd 4th 5th draft picks for 2019.

I believe the one piece the Seahwks really need is pass rush so, One of those players would be my ideal.

1. JPP
2. Chandler Jones
3. Calais Campbell

I'm now on my back, stairing up at the ceiling wondering what the state of the Seahawks would be in if we traded for anything or anyone right now? Sometimes it maybe better to let the sinking ship sink, or better yet if its not broken....
Cheers

DJrmb

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37d2q75b said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade.

I agree with people saying that this team looks like 2012. Problem is, 2012 ended due to lack of pass rush. We're still thin at DL...it's Clark and Reed, and beyond that, a bunch of rotational pieces who hand you two or three pressures a game but don't get home. I don't think that's going to suffice in the postseason; I've got an uncomfortable feeling of lacking pass rush being our undoing.

We have a surplus at a couple of spots, one of them being RB. Davis seems the most likely trade bait for a RB-hungry team. There's also Ethan Pocic, whom everyone has forgotten about, but I think he's less likely to go because we're going to want depth.

But if Davis and a pick goes for a decent pass rush piece, I won't be surprised.
With JD McKissic due to come back at some point I could definitely see them trading a RB somewhere. Maybe with Devonta Freeman on IR Pete could call up Dan Quinn and get something for one of them. However, we'd probably only get picks back. I don't see any obvious fits of teams with pass rushers (they're willing to trade) that also need a RB.