Seahawks defensive ranks as of today

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JacsonBevens/status/1056974360643231744[/tweet]

Pete Carroll.

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":31hyk407 said:
No Kam. No Earl. No Sherman. No Bennett. No Avril. No KJ (until now). .

No problem. :mrgreen:

Have you noticed that Sherman etc., have been very quiet of late in providing their expert opinion on the Hawks?

Seymour

Reaction score
I've stated over the last year from time to time that I believe Pete's plan needs a top 5 defense to work. I personally did not think Pete would get us back into the top 5 in D in the next 2 years. I am getting pretty close to admitting wrong here, and honestly love the idea it could happen as soon as this season. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete. Carroll.

Extension anyone?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's coaching and system work. If he takes this team to the playoffs, I hope he doesn't get overlooked yet again for coach of the year...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Those rankings are impressive when you consider that they had big leads in the last couple games. The bend don't break thing works for this team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
toffee":3h0pyk2t said:
sutz":3h0pyk2t said:
No Kam. No Earl. No Sherman. No Bennett. No Avril. No KJ (until now). .

No problem. :mrgreen:

Have you noticed that Sherman etc., have been very quiet of late in providing their expert opinion on the Hawks?

Well when your old team is holding up well on defense, is 4-3, and could possibly make a push for the playoffs and your current team is 1-6 and in line to select #1 overall? That'll shut your mouth.

toffee

Reaction score
DJrmb":3nhpse62 said:
Pete Carroll's coaching and system work. If he takes this team to the playoffs, I hope he doesn't get overlooked yet again for coach of the year...

He is coach of the year for most on dot net, for him to win coach of the year, hawks would have to go real deep in playoffs ... like in NFC championship game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
toffee":4o2qhqrq said:
DJrmb":4o2qhqrq said:

He is coach of the year for most on dot net, for him to win coach of the year, hawks would have to go real deep in playoffs ... like in NFC championship game.
McVay won it last year... They lost in the first round. If Pete gets in with this team (a team most outside of Seattle thought was a bottom dweller) and doesn't get it he's being overlooked and disrespected.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
toffee":15cz7md4 said:
DJrmb":15cz7md4 said:

The AP votes for Coach of the Year before the playoffs begin. In fact, the last two winners, McVay and Garrett (lol), failed to win a playoff game. They tend to vote for the coach who improves the most from the prior year. Realistically, Carroll would have to win in double digits to receive a lot of consideration.

His best chance to win the award was 2012 when they won four more games than the prior year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":irv5rr23 said:
I've stated over the last year from time to time that I believe Pete's plan needs a top 5 defense to work. I personally did not think Pete would get us back into the top 5 in D in the next 2 years. I am getting pretty close to admitting wrong here, and honestly love the idea it could happen as soon as this season. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

What Carroll has already accomplished with the defense is extraordinary. 99% of coaches would field a defense near the bottom of the league after such a steep loss of talent and needing so many young players to step up. I’m not sure what else it will take to admit you were wrong to constantly badmouth Carroll, but I hope you get there someday. :2thumbs:

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2u0h0t7i said:
toffee":2u0h0t7i said:
DJrmb":2u0h0t7i said:

The AP votes for Coach of the Year before the playoffs begin. In fact, the last two winners, McVay and Garrett (lol), failed to win a playoff game. They tend to vote for the coach who improves the most from the prior year. Realistically, Carroll would have to win in double digits to receive a lot of consideration.

His best chance to win the award was 2012 when they won four more games than the prior year.
Arians back in 2014 won it too and didn't win a playoff game. They sure picked juggernauts lately lol.

So in your estimation who is the front runner for CotY at this point? They won't do McVay again will they?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
DJrmb":3adsmram said:
hawknation2018":3adsmram said:
toffee":3adsmram said:
DJrmb":3adsmram said:

Arians back in 2014 won it too and didn't win a playoff game. They sure picked juggernauts lately lol.

So in your estimation who is the front runner for CotY at this point? They won't do McVay again will they?

My feeling is that McVay would need to go undefeated or lose only one game to win it again.

If Carroll somehow manages to win 11 games, after all the well-published talent lost and some in the media predicting a 4-12 season, I think he would be the front runner for Coach of the Year. The fact that he has had so much success and never won it could become a factor in the minds of some voters.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
DJrmb":168wfyxz said:
hawknation2018":168wfyxz said:
toffee":168wfyxz said:
DJrmb":168wfyxz said:

Pete has to be in the conversation at least. Maybe Jay Gruden since the Redskins are hot and are at 5-2 right now. Andy Reid since KC is damn near unstoppable it seems. If the Lions hadn't lost to us, or they continue an upward trajectory I would add Matt Patricia and Matt Nagy of the Bears.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aros":363uz8cm said:
Pete. Carroll.

Extension anyone?

I was thinking about this just yesterday. It seems like a very quiet last year of his contract as opposed to Holmgren's last year, which was a complete meltdown. I'm thinking it's got to be his choice and I'm actually wondering if he's planning on retiring at the end of the year. Would hate to see him go but wouldn't begrudge him it either.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DJrmb":1qia1v3l said:
hawknation2018":1qia1v3l said:
toffee":1qia1v3l said:
DJrmb":1qia1v3l said:

Top candidates as of right now:
Reid
Gruden (Jay not Jon)
Carroll
McVey
Lynn

2 guys with the best records (but also impressive talent to work with) and 2 guys winning with what was thought to be talent devoid rosters. And one guy winning with a team with no fans so they need some hype.