Premature Expectations

slateman77

Reaction score
I know it's way way way to early to be talking playoffs ( Cue Jim Mora PLAYOFFS.??..PLAYOFFS..?? )....but....As it sit's right now we are in the number 2 wildcard spot. Let's keep this train on the tracks...Go Hawks..!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hell yeah, I'm playoff hopeful, and until they are eliminated, I'll believe. After what I've seen, starting with the Rams game, this is a playoff team. And if I'm wrong, so be it.

justafan

Reaction score
I am hopeful. Right now I am happy that Pete has the players buying in and playing hard. No more BS from the spoiled ones.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
1-0 every week. Every game is winnable, though some of them will require every facet to be right, and maybe a few lucky bounces. But teams that put their best players in the best positions to make plays should have more opportunities to win.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The season is already halfway over as of this week's game. Not too early.

They are most certainly worthy of playoff discussion. The next four games are really important in the playoff chase, especially after we kind of "gave away" a few games early we could have won. IMO, we need to snag 2 wins out of the Chargers, Rams, Packers, and Panthers games. That is not going to be easy, although we can hang with all of them.

Having 6 of our last 9 at C Link is helpful.

Looking at the NFC picture, we most definitely are in the thick of it. I think 10 wins will do it, maybe even 9 - for a Wild Card. Win 2 of the next 4, then 3 minimum of the stretch against SF, MIN, SF, KC, AZ.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Looking at the schedule ahead, if this team actually beats--and I understand the absolute conjecture and low probability of it happening; I'm just asking--the Packers, Chargers, Rams, Panthers, and Chiefs, should we be considered the best team in the league?

Would we have become the NFC favorite to win it all? I'm just curious if the national media would give us that, or if we would still be considered a lucky outsider.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":27l55neo said:
Looking at the schedule ahead, if this team actually beats--and I understand the absolute conjecture and low probability of it happening; I'm just asking--the Packers, Chargers, Rams, Panthers, and Chiefs, should we be considered the best team in the league?

Well that list contains the four best teams in the league (plus the Packers, haha), so...yeah. Totally.

Won't happen. But we'll win some of them.

The nice thing about this team's identity is that it allows us to go toe-to-toe with anyone. Defense travels. Running games are still a great answer to all-star quarterbacks, limiting their opportunities by inflating our time of possession. Wilson is having a far better year than he did in 2017. And he was amazing in 2017.

I am hating myself for getting my hopes up (and I'm still predicting bad in Aros' threads), but this is worth getting excited about. We just need pass rush to keep developing.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3b6dvix5 said:
Ad Hawk":3b6dvix5 said:

Well that list contains the four best teams in the league (plus the Packers, haha), so...yeah. Totally.

The nice thing about this team's identity is that it allows us to go toe-to-toe with anyone. Defense travels. Running games are still a great answer to all-star quarterbacks, limiting their opportunities by inflating our time of possession. Wilson is having a far better year than he did in 2017. And he was amazing in 2017.

I am hating myself for getting my hopes up (and I'm still predicting bad in Aros' threads), but this is worth getting excited about. We just need pass rush to keep developing.

Yes, but what about my question? IF THEY DO win those games, and maybe throw in the Vikes for good measure, what would the media say about the Hawks? If you beat the best, do you become the best?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2uhl22qk said:
MontanaHawk05":2uhl22qk said:
Ad Hawk":2uhl22qk said:

Yes, but what about my question? IF THEY DO win those games, and maybe throw in the Vikes for good measure, what would the media say about the Hawks? If you beat the best, do you become the best?

I said yeah. :p

Chawker

Reaction score
The next four game will tell us what kind of a season we'll be having at years end.

Chargers
Packers
Rams
Panthers

Cheers

bandiger

Reaction score
Next 4 games will be a barometer as to how much pass rush this team needs.

D

DomeHawk

Chawker":sej5rjvl said:
The next four game will tell us what kind of a season we'll be having at years end.

Chargers
Packers
Rams
Panthers

Cheers

Yep, it's going to be a real challenge, all four of these QB's are playing well.

Chargers = Phillip Rivers
Packers = Aaron Rodgers
Rams = Jared Goff
Panthers = Cam Newton

MrThortan

Reaction score
Even with all the changes that happened this off-season my expectations for a Pete Carroll team were at least 8-8. I think that is achievable. Could even get up to ten wins, but that largely depends on Nov. As for the playoffs, I have no idea how the wild-card spot will play out. Feel confident that the Rams will be winning the division.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m cautiously optimistic. O-line is blowing the defenses off the ball, and the young defense is playing well.
Have to avoid injuries to key players, and play within themselves as this next stretch ain’t going to be easy starting this week.

xray

Reaction score
Right now the Hawks can ball with any team. I'm not predicting the playoffs yet ; but it looks very possible. :irishdrinkers:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":14b1lb94 said:
Ad Hawk":14b1lb94 said:
MontanaHawk05":14b1lb94 said:
Ad Hawk":14b1lb94 said:

I said yeah. :p

You did, and I missed it being connected to my question. My bad, there, sport.

I still doubt we'll be given much love; the narrative will say, "don't sleep on these Seahawks."

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Reading the comments in that article were great
We are definitely surprising people after such a tough start
Best thread in years guys , keep it up
I trust that the coaches and this team will be focused and ready for the gauntlet to come as we have to be the team able to improve the most with all the new talent learning more each game and having assistance like from guys like Kam coaching them up from a player to player stand point , I mean , how could you not focus in and listen to a guy you know would be doing your job or playing and also in talk for one of the most intimidating ever at doing what he did if not for injury
Fun times to be a seahawks fan
Go Hawks

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When thinking of playoff positioning, Sunday night is going to be really distasteful. Ugh cheering for the Pats in a prime time game. I probably having done that since the 2012 sunday night Niners at Pats game