Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1057026848859672576[/tweet]

:shock:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":386mlzag said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1057026848859672576[/tweet]

:shock:

Shows that Tyler's contract was certainly worth it. He has good rapport with Russ.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1056600967460745216[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
The fact that Tyler is often 3 yards behind the defender when Russ throws to him might have something to do with it. ;)

Not really kidding, either. Sure, Lock has made plenty of tough catches in traffic, too, but when he goes deep, he's generally running clear and clean and all Russ has to do is put some air under it and let Tyler go catch it while the defender is still in chase mode.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And how are the people doing who freaked out about the "horrible" contract for Lockett feeling now?
Nice to see a guy play even better after a big contract.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":276xsul8 said:
And how are the people doing who freaked out about the "horrible" contract for Lockett feeling now?
My only concern was the injury thing (fingers crossed). He had always shown his skills well on the field. He's having a great year, TBS.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
sutz":35pk0wlp said:
SoulfishHawk":35pk0wlp said:
My only concern was the injury thing (fingers crossed). He had always shown his skills well on the field. He's having a great year, TBS.

That's probably a concern for every player in the league. Crap happens and you can't get too gun shy.

Fade

Reaction score
FYI also a perfect Passer Rating when throwing to David Moore.

11/14 78.6% / 221 yds / 15.8 YPA / 4 TDs 0 INTs

themunn

Reaction score
Smellyman":1xxbkfs0 said:

"Prescient" from ivotuk there:

ivotuk":1xxbkfs0 said:
Odell Beckham just got 18 million per year, and you're upset that Lockett got "near half" that?" He's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. I'll bet he makes at least 3/4 as many touchdowns as ODB. Which would mean he's worth $13.5 million per year.

Looks like Lockett is well on track to score 3-4x as many TDs as Beckham this year (6 vs 2) :)

toffee

Reaction score
Lockett and Moore, our WR future? haha no wonder Baldwin is demanding the ball, I am liking Schotty for calling it as it's: Baldwin couldn't get open.

Sometimes he’s getting doubled, other times he’s not open – he won’t admit that, but there’s other times he’s not open. He won’t admit that, you can tell him I said that. He’ll deny it, he’ll say show me the video.”

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2018/ ... ted-usage/

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l7nf68c said:
Makes me like Schotty even more. Good, fire up Doug more, love it.

Is it me or Doug has been quieter these days? No QB critiques, no shouting on sidelines, more like a team oriented player. Schotty is giving him the business?

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug is not one to point fingers when he can't contribute himself on a level he is happy with.

Seafan

Reaction score
toffee":2x7xp0xm said:
SoulfishHawk":2x7xp0xm said:

Is it me or Doug has been quieter these days? No QB critiques, no shouting on sidelines, more like a team oriented player. Schotty is giving him the business?

He sees the writing on the wall. Lockett is his replacement. Does it happen next year? No need due to the cap but when you pay Clark and renew Russ, Wags there's going to be some business decisions.

If he wants to score TDs he could've started by dragging his foot in the end zone last week. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Lockett is ranked #2 in DVOA receiving (min. 32 targets). The Rams WRs are ranked #7, #8, and #10.

David Moore is ranked #1 in overall WR DVOA (min. 6 targets). Jaron Brown is, surprisingly, #7.

Marshall had an awful efficiency score (-25.5%). With the injury, Baldwin has also not been efficient (-16%).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

jmahon316

Reaction score
Seafan":20ivvml7 said:
toffee":20ivvml7 said:
SoulfishHawk":20ivvml7 said:

He sees the writing on the wall. Lockett is his replacement. Does it happen next year? No need due to the cap but when you pay Clark and renew Russ, Wags there's going to be some business decisions.

If he wants to score TDs he could've started by dragging his foot in the end zone last week. :stirthepot:

I don't necessarily think Lockett is his replacement. I consider Baldwin more of a clutch-catcher instead of a deep threat like Lockett. If anything, for NOW the WR I see him being replaced with his Moore...Next year I have a lot of hope that Reynolds will be close or better than Baldwin. I saw a lot of potential in him during the pre-season, just needs more NFL training + experience and that will come in time.