Kendricks eligible to play again Week 14

GLio14

Reaction score
Love it. Good to see that Kendricks can come back this season. Will make our LBs deadly.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057300439530639362[/tweet]

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Glad to see that stealing from rich white men isn't a harsher penalty than beating a woman. Still will have to do his jail time as penance which is only appropriate. But as a football fan, I don't really give a rat's butthole about this kind of crime. Hurting the defenseless is one thing. Getting some cash off some illegal stock tips, hell, half the owners in the league have probably made money off knowing things others didn't. Just smart enough not to get caught.

Anyway, he does make our LB suddenly a crazy deep group with Wagner/Wright/Mingo/Kendricks all really solid players.

Makes depth at CB and DE are only real defensive concern.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000981517/article/seahawks-mychal-kendricks-suspended-eight-games[/urltargetblank]

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Kendricks is now suspended eight games and the suspension includes time previously served. Kendricks, who initially was suspended Oct. 2, can return to practice Nov. 12 and play Dec. 10 when the Seahawks play the Vikings in Week 14.

Here's a link to the story on NFL.com and I also edited the title as it's no longer speculation

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good news. And 8 games seems fair, and letting him still continue his career is huge.
I think we have a real shot at signing him to a nice cap friendly deal at the end of the year. Being that the Hawks are the team that gave him a shot, I think that means a lot to him. Really solid player, and immediately made an impact.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":momnzyuf said:
Glad to see that stealing from rich white men isn't a harsher penalty than beating a woman. Still will have to do his jail time as penance which is only appropriate. But as a football fan, I don't really give a rat's butthole about this kind of crime. Hurting the defenseless is one thing. Getting some cash off some illegal stock tips, hell, half the owners in the league have probably made money off knowing things others didn't. Just smart enough not to get caught.

Anyway, he does make our LB suddenly a crazy deep group with Wagner/Wright/Mingo/Kendricks all really solid players.

Makes depth at CB and DE are only real defensive concern.

Maybe, and maybe not. I've read both, and there are those that believe that since this was a first offense, and he was lead into this by another person, that he may get off with probation.

We might have scored here big time. It was certainly worth the signing to see.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zjh6zur said:
Very good news. And 8 games seems fair, and letting him still continue his career is huge.
I think we have a real shot at signing him to a nice cap friendly deal at the end of the year. Being that the Hawks are the team that gave him a shot, I think that means a lot to him. Really solid player, and immediately made an impact.

Fair? Not really. Twice a drug offense. I'm not sure what the going rate for domestic violence is but 8 weeks for a little stock gaming seems outrageous.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkGA":3cn7fzon said:
SoulfishHawk":3cn7fzon said:

Fair? Not really. Twice a drug offense. I'm not sure what the going rate for domestic violence is but 8 weeks for a little stock gaming seems outrageous.

I would agree with this.

James in PA

Reaction score
Seems a bit extreme, but I’m glad we’ll at least have him for the home stretch. Good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dfzhexit said:

8 games seems fair? Lets compare this to another situation: Kendricks committed the crime of insider trading, admitted to doing so, paid back all of the money so that he didn't actually make any profit off of it, and gets 8 games.

Jameis Winston SEXUALLY ASSAULTED an Uber driver, did not admit guilt despite there being clear indications that it actually happened, came to a financial agreement with the accuser so that it would not go to trial, and got 3 games.

So just to be clear, in Roger Goodell's mind it is clearly a bigger deal to commit the crime of insider trading than it is to commit the crime of sexual assault. Got it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

HawkGA

Reaction score
James in PA":193df43i said:
Seems a bit extreme, but I’m glad we’ll at least have him for the home stretch. Good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But after the murder's row of QBs the team will be facing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1xkp7d1g said:
SoulfishHawk":1xkp7d1g said:

8 games seems fair? Lets compare this to another situation: Kendricks committed the crime of insider trading, admitted to doing so, paid back all of the money so that he didn't actually make any profit off of it, and gets 8 games.

Jameis Winston SEXUALLY ASSAULTED an Uber driver, did not admit guilt despite there being clear indications that it actually happened, came to a financial agreement with the accuser so that it would not go to trial, and got 3 games.

So just to be clear, in Roger Goodell's mind it is clearly a bigger deal to commit the crime of insider trading than it is to commit the crime of sexual assault. Got it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And it's not like Winston is exactly a first time offender. I mean, for him time in the NFL maybe, but not for his life.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, worst suspension of all time. Happy? It's probably too many games.
But geezus, we get him back for the stretch run. Hell of a lot better than not getting him back at all, which was a strong possibility. Fresh legs and a very good player. It's like adding a killer free agent to an already outstanding Linebacker crew.