Brandon Marshall released

jmahon316

Reaction score
Per Adam Schefter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057344291348066304[/tweet]

Greenhell

Reaction score
Bummer. I had really hoped he'd be able to contribute to the team. I'm guessing Moore's rise was a factor.

Seymour

Reaction score
Yep.....he got Moored!! Tough luck Brandon...but I like why this happened!

moooore____by_chizoehpuxx-d6h64gn.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
Almost surprising, but they weren't using him a lot, and when they did he had a couple of drops that hurt drives.

Good timing for him, I guess. It's that time of year when teams might be looking to pick up a vet WR. He might get a job.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He didn't make most of his opportunity. He dropped passes so he got dropped. Plus he doesn't contribute on special teams.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I thought his veteran presence would be great. And I felt like we should keep him for depth. So i don’t agree with this move but I understand

James in PA

Reaction score
Damn, saw this one coming for a while now. Cool dude, but was just a non favor. If this is it for his playing career, I’m sure he’ll get back into broadcasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's very good timing for Marshall as it's before the league trade deadline. A team looking for a receiver might pick him up to save the cost of a trade.

sutz

Reaction score
Scorpion05":51gqjznp said:
I thought his veteran presence would be great. And I felt like we should keep him for depth. So i don’t agree with this move but I understand
With Baldwin back and Dickson active, his "veteran presence" is kind of superfluous. Hell, even No-E is hardly a rookie any more.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bummer. I was rooting for him. Hope he can get picked up elsewhere. Good luck Brandon and thank you for your leadership in the locker room.

Seymour

Reaction score
Scorpion05":19itn1o1 said:

You don't think Baldwin's and Lockett's "veteran presence" is of any use to this team?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057345715163271169[/tweet]

Twitter reactions can be comical .................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/3YearLetterman/status/1057345008938954752[/tweet] ........................ poor guy is still living in the last century.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
He didn’t show up in Seattle. Probably going to get a tryout with the Patriots.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is why I didn't mind him making the 53. One of the things I appreciate the most about our FO is the philosophy to give opportunities to those who earn them.

The 2017 draft is somehow looking like an A+ for the Hawks despite the Malik McDowell fiasco. Chris Carson, David Moore, Tedric Thompson, Shaq Griffin are key players while Ethan Pocic, Naz Jones, and Delano Hill are all contributing. Even Mike Tyson is currently on the Texans 53 man roster.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Had hoped he'd work out here, but it was obvious (painfully so) that it just wasn't working. No ill will and I hope he can find a place to continue his career and do well.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall is a millennial. So I don't get that reaction. These millennial kickers, on the other hand, jeez what a bunch of choke artists

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seymour":2w4kawxg said:
Scorpion05":2w4kawxg said:

You don't think Baldwin's and Lockett's "veteran presence" is of any use to this team?

Not sure how you get "Baldwin and Lockett's veteran presence is of no use" out of "I thought Brandon's veteran presence would be great."

How does a positive ascribed to one player, become a negative for 2 other players? I see these kinds of posts all the time, and I don't see how they contribute to the conversation.